Sponsored

Metal cloak with shock extenders. Hurt how much?

Rubidouxit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLUR
What length Fox 2.5s with the Metalcloak 3.5 springs would you want if running 37's and not wanting to rub the factory Rubicon flares without chopping them? Looking at a setup like this but prefer to not chop the flares or replace fender liners. Just wanting as much use of the shock as possible without rubbing the factory flares.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
What length Fox 2.5s with the Metalcloak 3.5 springs would you want if running 37's and not wanting to rub the factory Rubicon flares without chopping them? Looking at a setup like this but prefer to not chop the flares or replace fender liners. Just wanting as much use of the shock as possible without rubbing the factory flares.
Its not shock length its bumpstop height to not rub, you could have 70” long shocks that compressed down to 2” long as long as you have the correct bumpstop to limit wheel uptravel it does not matter

Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
4-6”. I installed a set today in a Mc 3.5” GC lift.

brett

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if the
3” bumpstop would be safe, may be able to get away with 2”. You will rub the rear liners for sure and you’ll need to remove some close off panels/shape the liner with heat. Not a big deal.

Caymanedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
That shock is 15.87 compressed and 25.5 extended
So ideally at rest about 20.5" to get max up/down
My front shocks at rest with 2.5" RK kit are 21.75". So in theory you'd get 3.75" up and 6.25" down. That may be enough....

So install them and see how they manage. You can adjust bump to make them work. You could also add an extender to recenter the shock. Depending on your articulation they might be fine given the 10" extension.

You can also call Accutune if you bought them there. They really know their stuff.

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
That shock is 15.87 compressed and 25.5 extended
So ideally at rest about 20.5" to get max up/down
My front shocks at rest with 2.5" RK kit are 21.75". So in theory you'd get 3.75" up and 6.25" down. That may be enough....

So install them and see how they manage. You can adjust bump to make them work. You could also add an extender to recenter the shock. Depending on your articulation they might be fine given the 10" extension.

You can also call Accutune if you bought them there. They really know their stuff.
I'm going to do the extenders, and have the shop make sure it has plenty of bump to keep the shock from bottoming out. I actually talked to them this morning.
Sponsored