Sponsored

Metal Cloak JLUR How much rake do you have?

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350
Hello,

I have a 2.5" metal cloak game changer lift on my 2021 JLUR. I have about a 1.5" rake from front to back measured from the back of my frame mounted rock rails to the front of the rails. That seems like a lot from some angles, I thought the Metal Cloak was supposed to get rid of the rake mostly, but I can that is not the case. I am afraid when I put the winch on it will of course only get worse.

What have you all done about this rake or am I over thinking it and it is fine or how it is supposed to be.

The Jeep has 2,000 miles on it now, the metal cloak has 500 miles. - THANKS!
Sponsored

OP
OP
bigfoot21075

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pic

IMG_1291 (2).JPG

OP
OP
bigfoot21075

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Different angle

IMG_1289 (2).JPG

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
I don't have that lift, but just wanted to say I think it looks perfect the way its sits now. A little rake is also good so that when you have stuff in the back it doesn't sit nose high. Noise high looks horrible.

Edit, in your second pic, the height of the flares look pretty darn equal. I say it looks great!

OP
OP
bigfoot21075

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just an update. The installer installed the wrong rear springs. With the correct springs it sits perfectly level now. This also made the twitchy highway speed steering MUCH, MUCH better.

Sponsored

Broverlander

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Firecracker Red
Hello,

I have a 2.5" metal cloak game changer lift on my 2021 JLUR. I have about a 1.5" rake from front to back measured from the back of my frame mounted rock rails to the front of the rails. That seems like a lot from some angles, I thought the Metal Cloak was supposed to get rid of the rake mostly, but I can that is not the case. I am afraid when I put the winch on it will of course only get worse.

What have you all done about this rake or am I over thinking it and it is fine or how it is supposed to be.

The Jeep has 2,000 miles on it now, the metal cloak has 500 miles. - THANKS!
I just finished the MetalCloak 2.5 inch game changer yesterday on our 21JLUR as well. Mine measures out at about a 2" rake. I don't have the full size spare on the back yet though since shipping is incredibly slow to get the carrier and tailgate support bracket for it, so that may change it a smidge with the added weight.
Also curious about the sway bar links they send with that kit...they are ridiculously long (12.25 inches) and they state they are for the JK on the box. Should they be that long? The sway bar was nearly level and now it sits at almost a 45 degree angle...doesn't seem right to me, but I'm not an expert.

20210605_100626.jpg

20210605_091719.jpg

20210605_070529.jpg

OP
OP
bigfoot21075

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just finished the MetalCloak 2.5 inch game changer yesterday on our 21JLUR as well. Mine measures out at about a 2" rake. I don't have the full size spare on the back yet though since shipping is incredibly slow to get the carrier and tailgate support bracket for it, so that may change it a smidge with the added weight.
Also curious about the sway bar links they send with that kit...they are ridiculously long (12.25 inches) and they state they are for the JK on the box. Should they be that long? The sway bar was nearly level and now it sits at almost a 45 degree angle...doesn't seem right to me, but I'm not an expert.

20210605_100626.jpg

20210605_091719.jpg

20210605_070529.jpg
Fist things first - THAT is one sweet Jeep, I LOVE those wheels. My rake was 2" from BEHIND the front wheel at the body and IN FRONT of the rear wheels at the body. You could really see it walking up to in a parking lot. My big spare only added 11 lbs over the factory tire and wheel.

As for the sway bar link, yes it is insanely long. When I called Metal Cloak about the springs, I asked about this. The guy said they need to be very long so they do not max out with the long travel shocks. He said the angle makes a minimal difference to the overall sway bar rate. So far he seems to be right, Once i get the pulling to the right issue resolved (slight pull but going to a 4x4 shop with an alignment rack next Friday), I will be very happy with it.

BTW here are my wrong spring part numbers (the rears only were wrong).

front - ss-2060/14074

rear - ss-2061/14499

It also changes depending on your motor.

Broverlander

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Firecracker Red
Thanks brother! We certainly think she is pretty. My wife picked out the wheels, and I definitely like them even though my choice was the Dirty Life DT1 with the rash ring, but they are super heavy wheels too.
I just found that same information about the ridonkulously long sway bar fronts and the reasoning behind it...makes sense now.
I will definitely have to check the spring part numbers again to be certain they are correct. I have the 3.6L e-torque motor on mine.
We will probably get it over to NorthRidge 4x4 for a once over and make sure my caster, toe-in and camber are all good to go.
I tried to get it all dialed in and my numbers still confuse me a tad.

morlan52

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Occupation
SCADA Engineer
Fist things first - THAT is one sweet Jeep, I LOVE those wheels. My rake was 2" from BEHIND the front wheel at the body and IN FRONT of the rear wheels at the body. You could really see it walking up to in a parking lot. My big spare only added 11 lbs over the factory tire and wheel.

As for the sway bar link, yes it is insanely long. When I called Metal Cloak about the springs, I asked about this. The guy said they need to be very long so they do not max out with the long travel shocks. He said the angle makes a minimal difference to the overall sway bar rate. So far he seems to be right, Once i get the pulling to the right issue resolved (slight pull but going to a 4x4 shop with an alignment rack next Friday), I will be very happy with it.

BTW here are my wrong spring part numbers (the rears only were wrong).

front - ss-2060/14074

rear - ss-2061/14499

It also changes depending on your motor.
@bigfoot21075 could you please grab those "correct" part numbers for your front/rear springs? I'd like to verify versus mine as I think I may have the same issue with the springs. I also got my lift around late February/early March....

OP
OP
bigfoot21075

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@bigfoot21075 could you please grab those "correct" part numbers for your front/rear springs? I'd like to verify versus mine as I think I may have the same issue with the springs. I also got my lift around late February/early March....
Sorry for the delay!!

My spring numbers will not help you. I have a soft top only 2.0l. That was the problem, ATO ordered springs for a different version Wrangler. Metal Cloak is pretty responsive and will help resolve the problem. Just grab a picture of the numbers stamped on the springs so you know what you have.

It should sit level front to back.
Sponsored