Metal Cloak Game Changer Plus

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Alright, here's another random useless post that will start some kind of argument, lol. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the MC 3.5 GameChanger. My question is that I've seen some people say you need a few other things when you install it. I think someone said a you should change also add the Draglink, and Tie-rod with the kit. I do off-road so it won't be a mall crawler. Well, I guess it will be both, lol. I plan on relocated my steering stabilizer which makes the Tie-rod make sense. Basically what else do I need to add to really make this kit completed nd not need anything else. Plan on doing Moab, and hopefully Rubicon trail this year. Moab for sure, and it's 18 hours away from the house. Want to make sure when I hit the trails I don't realize I should've replaced something else at the time. Thanks
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Lots of guys wheel with the factory drag link and tie rod without issues. They will eventually slop out the rod ends but until then they work ok.

Even more guys swap these two items out early to crawl the malls and the off-road tracks.

My logic is while you have it all ripped apart to do your lift it's not a lot more work to do the drag-link and tie-bar so you might as well do it all at once if your budget allows.

Also consider the front axle upper bushings at the same time. RockJock makes replacements and I was very surprised how messed up my factory ones were after 25,000 miles or so. They obviously do not like being flexed off-road and were all torn up - the inner was no longer connected to the outer.

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of guys wheel with the factory drag link and tie rod without issues. They will eventually slop out the rod ends but until then they work ok.

Even more guys swap these two items out early to crawl the malls and the off-road tracks.

My logic is while you have it all ripped apart to do your lift it's not a lot more work to do the drag-link and tie-bar so you might as well do it all at once if your budget allows.

Also consider the front axle upper bushings at the same time. RockJock makes replacements and I was very surprised how messed up my factory ones were after 25,000 miles or so. They obviously do not like being flexed off-road and were all torn up - the inner was no longer connected to the outer.

That makes sense. No point in paying double labor when the parts are already removed. Didn't know about the bushings. Not sure which ones you're talking about. Kind you send me a link?

Wicked Weasel

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL - Build date 06/18
When I did my RK install RK recommended tie rod and drag link. I talked to my installer who also recommended those plus the steering stabilizer. Based on their recommendations I did them all.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you. I'll replace those while it's apart. Stupid question about them. They are control arm bushings. Doesn't the MC Control arms have bushings, or am I thinking of something different?
The front upper control arm has a fork on the end that goes on the axle housing, unlike the other 6 that have bushings on both ends.
Jeep Wrangler JL Metal Cloak Game Changer Plus 1613159263495

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The front upper control arm has a fork on the end that goes on the axle housing, unlike the other 6 that have bushings on both ends.
Jeep Wrangler JL Metal Cloak Game Changer Plus 1613159263495

Okay, I'm stupid. Thank you. I will add that to the list of parts to order.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, I'm stupid. Thank you. I will add that to the list of parts to order.
I can think of a lot of stupid things, but asking a question to expand one's knowledge is most definitely not one of them.

Cheers, buddy!

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can think of a lot of stupid things, but asking a question to expand one's knowledge is most definitely not one of them.

Cheers, buddy!

Thanks. Can't wait to get this lift on. Been saving for almost a year for this.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's my list. MC lift kit, driveshaft, Fox 2.5 shocks, Tie-rod, Drag link, Fox Steering stabilizer, and bushings. Think that covers the lift. Also, doing ARB with Grimm Off-Road mount, and a Warn 10-S winch. Going to be an expensive few months.

BadA$$Rubi

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Here's my list. MC lift kit, driveshaft, Fox 2.5 shocks, Tie-rod, Drag link, Fox Steering stabilizer, and bushings. Think that covers the lift. Also, doing ARB with Grimm Off-Road mount, and a Warn 10-S winch. Going to be an expensive few months.
Jeep Wrangler JL Metal Cloak Game Changer Plus 1613164783741