Metal Cloak Dual Rate Add-on's

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
I'm installing a MC dual rate lift with the shocks, new drive shaft and the tie rod/ drag link upgrade. I've got a little money left over and I'm curious if I should buy the front lca's or rear? I'm going to be using it on moderate trails, mostly rock crawling and I want to get the most bang for my buck but I don't have enough for the Game changer yet.
Sponsored

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
I'm installing a MC dual rate lift with the shocks, new drive shaft and the tie rod/ drag link upgrade. I've got a little money left over and I'm curious if I should buy the front lca's or rear? I'm going to be using it on moderate trails, mostly rock crawling and I want to get the most bang for my buck but I don't have enough for the Game changer yet.
Hey Shawn, I'd do the front LCA's. That will help you get the caster/pinion adj..

Hate to say this, but you're already going to be in there working on it. If you can spring for a complete set of upper and lower control arms you can really get it dialed in.

What size spring are you installing?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5HJ5REOo6XbFuakJem6TTw

-Steven

OP
OP
Friday2322

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
Hey Shawn, I'd do the front LCA's. That will help you get the caster/pinion adj..

Hate to say this, but you're already going to be in there working on it. If you can spring for a complete set of upper and lower control arms you can really get it dialed in.

What size spring are you installing?

-Steven
Thanks for the advice... That's kind of what I was thinking. I'm going with the 2.5" lift, I plan on running 35's for quite a while. The kit comes with front uppers, but I can see how the lowers would be more beneficial.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thanks for the advice... That's kind of what I was thinking. I'm going with the 2.5" lift, I plan on running 35's for quite a while. The kit comes with front uppers, but I can see how the lowers would be more beneficial.
Ahh, I didn't realize the kit included front uppers, that's good. I would add the front LCA's and you'll be able to dial it in. 2.5"/35's will look and perform great.

You're going to love the MC springs!

-Steven

OP
OP
Friday2322

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR

Sponsored

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I know, I've always wanted the MC lift just never could stomach the price, lol. I'm looking forward to it for sure!
You know, I think it's a mistake to shop a suspension/lift for your Jeep based simply on price. Don't scrimp on one of the biggest component systems that determines how your Jeep drives, handles, flexes, etc..

Enjoy the transformation, looking forward to seeing some pics.

-Steven

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
OP
OP
Friday2322

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
I had the HD OME kit on my JKUR and was very happy with it, but at the time I was new to Jeeps and that's what I could afford. Now, I'm a little older, making more money and I know what type of off-roading I enjoy most, so I can be more specific in what I buy now.
Sponsored