Sponsored

Metal cloak 2.5 lift Toyo MT HARD pull right.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Might try listing the offending Jeep dealer by name, I doubt they really want needless negative publicity. It is NOT Jeep saying no...
Rairdon CDJR of Bellingham
Jeep Wrangler JL Metal cloak 2.5 lift Toyo MT HARD pull right. 5B0AD67B-E63A-4589-82E2-6E87D04800C7

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi 392 Wrangler
Occupation
Retirement From Oil Refinery
listen i know it sounds crazy but like someone said above i have heard of two or three different jeeps with 35/12.50/17 Open Country MT's that pulled to the right , one guy lowered the tire pressure to like 30# and it was way better. this one was a brand new 150 mile Jeep. this is the only tire i have ever heard this happening.

OP
OP
2020 Jeep JLU

2020 Jeep JLU

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU
Rairdon CDJR of Bellingham
5B0AD67B-E63A-4589-82E2-6E87D04800C7.jpeg
have you tried marysville? The guys there have been helpful, but I haven’t been since my lift. I’ll find out soon.
listen i know it sounds crazy but like someone said above i have heard of two or three different jeeps with 35/12.50/17 Open Country MT's that pulled to the right , one guy lowered the tire pressure to like 30# and it was way better. this one was a brand new 150 mile Jeep. this is the only tire i have ever heard this happening.
So KM3’s then? I haven't found much about them not tracking correctly.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi 392 Wrangler
Occupation
have you tried marysville? The guys there have been helpful, but I haven’t been since my lift. I’ll find out soon.

So KM3’s then? I haven't found much about them not tracking correctly.
yeah KM3's never had that issue & i run Nitto Trail Grappler super straight & smooth on the rode.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Nope. Marysville is 60 miles away.

Sponsored

OP
OP
2020 Jeep JLU

2020 Jeep JLU

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU
Okay! So now les schwab (tire shop) wants to do an alignment out of spec, this doesn’t seem normal. I can get a set of KO2 right now and I think this is the route to go. Any advice??

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi 392 Wrangler
Occupation
Okay! So now les schwab (tire shop) wants to do an alignment out of spec, this doesn’t seem normal. I can get a set of KO2 right now and I think this is the route to go. Any advice??
Just get KO2’s my opinion

Justforfun

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram - 2015 JKUR
Did you ever do a search on the Toyo MT common issue of a right pull? I promise it is the tire.
However going from a Toyo MT to. KO2 is going to fix the pull but completely different tires for different needs. If you want something that won’t pull right and looks like a Toyo MT pick a nitto trail grappler or ridge grappler. Not a KO2.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi 392 Wrangler
Occupation
Did you ever do a search on the Toyo MT common issue of a right pull? I promise it is the tire.
However going from a Toyo MT to. KO2 is going to fix the pull but completely different tires for different needs. If you want something that won’t pull right and looks like a Toyo MT pick a nitto trail grappler or ridge grappler. Not a KO2.
I use Nitto Trail grapplers they are the sister company to Toyo , they wear well and straight as an arrow

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
FWIW, my Jeep with a Mopar lift and 35s also pulls to the right.

I was just at the dealership finding out if they are willing to the steering box TSB.

They read to me FCA’s criteria for approving the TSB. FCA will approve the work as long as the vehicle has:
  1. A Mopar lift that has been professionally installed
  2. A comparable aftermarket lift that has been professionally installed
  3. Alignment is within accepted factory spec
IMO, getting Les Schwab to do an alignment that is out of spec is opening a can of worms. I’d just get the KO2s and be done.
Sponsored