Sponsored

Metal cloak 2.5 lift Toyo MT HARD pull right.

2020 Jeep JLU

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU
Jeep immediately changes lanes (PULLS) to the right when I let go of the wheel with Toyo MT 35x12.50 17 on method wheels.
She tracks straight down the road with stock wheels.
4x4 (reputable) shop re-tourqued it yesterday and says everything with the lift. Three different shops have verified the alignment. I am at a loss, any help or advice is appreciated.

0BFC5E0D-A37A-4C09-9F19-3B2D9D3EC636.jpeg

3D393CB8-E4A6-4D57-B873-5A6D5AA70095.jpeg
Sponsored

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Rule out radial pull. Swap front tires. Did you buy tires locally, take back to them as if it’s radial pull they should replace the tire.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Also double check suspension shop. Measure your control arms and confirm them are set the same length.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I am having the same issue with the Mopar lift, installed by the dealer. It’s been pulling to the right ever since.

The Mopar lift comes with longer control arms but reuses the factory track bar, which is ridiculous. My Jeep left the dealer with the front wheels 1.5 inches off center. I replaced the factory track bar with a Yeti adjustable track bar.

So far I have:
  1. Had an alignment done; everything looks in order
  2. An X-pattern tire rotation done —to rule out the tires
  3. Replaced the OE steering stabilizer with a beefier Fox 2.0
Nothing has worked.

Two days ago the dealer refused to do the steering box TSB because “...the Jeep has an aftermarket track bar.”

So I am reaching the end of my options.

Last edited:

JeepinPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR, '95 Land Cruiser
If it tracks straight with the stock tires, then the issue is with the new tires. Try swapping the tires side to side and see if the pull moves to the other direction.

Pete

Sponsored

OP
OP
2020 Jeep JLU

2020 Jeep JLU

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU
Also double check suspension shop. Measure your control arms and confirm them are set the same length.
Swapped the fronts and the swapped the right side. Still has the pull, suspension shop did their 500 mile check and tourqe, everything is in good order. (Tracks straight with stock wheels/tires.) Am I taking crazy pills here? It should track the same with new wheels and tires right? Any tire suggestions is greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
2020 Jeep JLU

2020 Jeep JLU

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU
I am having the same issue with the Mopar lift, installed by the dealer. It’s been pulling to the right ever since.

The Mopar lift comes with longer control arms but reuses the factory track bar, which is ridiculous. My Jeep left the dealer with the front wheels 1.5 inches off center. I replaced the factory track bar with a Yeti adjustable track bar.

So far I have:
Nothing has worked.

Two days ago the dealer refused to do the steering box TSB because “...the Jeep has an aftermarket track bar.”

This seems to be an issue! I have an appointment with the tire shop on Monday, this nerd try to tell me the tires are “super grippy so they pull right.” I told him to get equally grippy tires on the left.
I will go to the dealership to address the steering box as well, let me know if you come across any information that will help this issue.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX

So far I have:
Nothing has worked.

Find another Jeep dealer, if you are within warranty they should replace it per TSB. Many members on this forum (including me) had major suspension mods done and still got the steering gearbox replaced without issue.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Find another Jeep dealer, if you are within warranty they should replace it per TSB. Many members on this forum (including me) had major suspension mods done and still got the steering gearbox replaced without issue.
Yeah, so I hear.

Not this dealer. Nope. If you do as much as slap a sticker on the vehicle they will refuse to work on it.

This is the only Jeep dealer in a 30-mile radius. I’m gonna try the next one up, 30 miles away. If they refuse as well, then I might have to reconsider purchasing and owning Jeeps.

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Agree with this @aldo98229. I had mine replaced and I have complete aftermarket suspension and 35s. Every dealer is different. Try all of them around you area. If that doesn’t work, Southern California is a far drive from Washington but make a road trip out of it and you can kill two birds with one stone. I had it done at Poway Jeep in San Diego.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Agree with this @aldo98229. I had mine replaced and I have complete aftermarket suspension and 35s. Every dealer is different. Try all of them around you area. If that doesn’t work, Southern California is a far drive from Washington but make a road trip out of it and you can kill two birds with one stone. I had it done at Poway Jeep in San Diego.
There’s one other dealer 30 miles away; I’m going to give them a try. But Seattle, where most dealers are is 75 miles away. I cannot own that vehicle that requires a 150-mile round trip every time it needs to go into the dealership for service or warranty work. That’s just absurd.

I’ve owned many Jeeps over the years, and I love Wranglers, but no Jeep is that good.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
There’s one other dealer 30 miles away; I’m going to give them a try. But Seattle, where most dealers are is 75 miles away. I cannot own that vehicle that requires a 150-mile round trip every time it needs to go into the dealership for service or warranty work. That’s just absurd.

I’ve owned many Jeeps over the years, and I love Wranglers, but no Jeep is that good.

Might try listing the offending Jeep dealer by name, I doubt they really want needless negative publicity. It is NOT Jeep saying no...

OP
OP
2020 Jeep JLU

2020 Jeep JLU

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU

Yeah, so I hear.

Not this dealer. Nope. If you do as much as slap a sticker on the vehicle they will refuse to work on it.

This is the only Jeep dealer in a 30-mile radius. I’m gonna try the next one up, 30 miles away. If they refuse as well, then I might have to reconsider purchasing and owning Jeeps.
Im in WA to, what rairdons are you going to?

Last edited:

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep immediately changes lanes (PULLS) to the right when I let go of the wheel with Toyo MT 35x12.50 17 on method wheels.
She tracks straight down the road with stock wheels.
4x4 (reputable) shop re-tourqued it yesterday and says everything with the lift. Three different shops have verified the alignment. I am at a loss, any help or advice is appreciated.

Jeep Wrangler JL Metal cloak 2.5 lift Toyo MT HARD pull right. 3D393CB8-E4A6-4D57-B873-5A6D5AA70095

Jeep Wrangler JL Metal cloak 2.5 lift Toyo MT HARD pull right. 3D393CB8-E4A6-4D57-B873-5A6D5AA70095
I’m pretty sure your problem is with the tires, not the lift.
Sponsored