Sponsored

Metal Cloak 2.5" Game Changer Lift Installed and First Impression: Great

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Recon
Took possession of my newly installed Metal Cloak 2.5" Game Changer on my '20 JL Rubicon Recon last night. Took it out today for a mild test on a beat up Forest Service Road. So far I'm very satisfied. Firm but not unpleasant ride, very good articulation, tracks nicely, no noticeable vibrations or noises. My highly experienced Jeep mechanic was very pleased with Metal Cloak's lift quality. Metal Cloak's customer service has been quick, helpful and friendly. Riding on 35" MTRs mounted on Method 703s.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Took possession of my newly installed Metal Cloak 2.5" Game Changer on my '20 JL Rubicon Recon last night. Took it out today for a mild test on a beat up Forest Service Road. So far I'm very satisfied. Firm but not unpleasant ride, very good articulation, tracks nicely, no noticeable vibrations or noises. My highly experienced Jeep mechanic was very pleased with Metal Cloak's lift quality. Metal Cloak's customer service has been quick, helpful and friendly. Riding on 35" MTRs mounted on Method 703s.
Congratulations on a fine choice of lift, and a belated welcome to the community! What else has been done with your Jeep? And don't be shy with some pics.

I'm also a happy member of the cloak
Jeep Wrangler JL Metal Cloak 2.5" Game Changer Lift Installed and First Impression: Great 20210607_102230
Jeep Wrangler JL Metal Cloak 2.5" Game Changer Lift Installed and First Impression: Great 20200831_111107

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Why did you have to contact Metal Cloak’s customer service? How does it ride on the interstate when compared to stock?

This is one of the lift kits I am highly considering.

21Rubi

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 3.6 Auto, 315's, 2.5 MC Lift
Occupation
Retired
Awesome, this is the lift I'm zeroing in on when I get home this fall. Are you using the RockSport shocks and stock tie rod and drag link?

Sponsored

OP
OP

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Recon
Why did you have to contact Metal Cloak’s customer service? How does it ride on the interstate when compared to stock?

This is one of the lift kits I am highly considering.
On full droop my MC front drive line was contacting my cross member. After consulting MC my mechanic removed the cross member.
I believe he also had questions about the rear bump stop install procedure.

I've yet to be on the freeway. Today I probably reached 50-55 with no noted difference from stock other than perhaps being a bit stiffer.

Last edited:
OP
OP

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Recon
Congratulations on a fine choice of lift, and a belated welcome to the community! What else has been done with your Jeep? And don't be shy with some pics.

I'm also a happy member of the cloak
Jeep Wrangler JL Metal Cloak 2.5" Game Changer Lift Installed and First Impression: Great 20200831_111107
Thank you. So far I've added a Warn winch w/synthetic line, Maximus 3 shackle mounts to the front Mopar steel bumper, mounted a high lift to the front bumper, added a trailer hitch to the rear Mopar steel bumper with a d-ring attached. I have a Maximus 3 roof rack at the mechanics awaiting installation.

OP
OP

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Recon
Awesome, this is the lift I'm zeroing in on when I get home this fall. Are you using the RockSport shocks and stock tie rod and drag link?
Yes the RockSport shocks and I don't know the answer regarding the stock tie rod and drag link but I'll ask my installer.

21Rubi

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the reply, looking forward to the pics.đź‘Ť

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Yes the RockSport shocks and I don't know the answer regarding the stock tie rod and drag link but I'll ask my installer.
The larger lift and tires will put more leverage forces between the axles and frame/body. The factory steering linkages, control arms, and track bars are constructed from thin-walled material for weight savings and fuel economy. Under the increased stress, they will flex a bit. This flex will give the steering a slightly mushy feel. Stronger linkages will resist those stresses and result in a more solid feel. Also, they will add longevity to your setup because of higher quality bushing material and larger tie rod ends.

I'm not at all saying that it's an immediate concern. Just something that should be factored into the equation when delving into larger tires and lift height.

21Rubi

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
That lift and tire combo looks good on the 2 door. Nice rig.... Looking forward to getting that lift also. Again, awesome.