Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like membership is growing nicely lately but I didn't see an intro thread, so I'll start!

I'm Rob from NY. I daily a Grand Cherokee and got a project TJ SE that I've had for years and will hopefully keep forever. Was considering a JKU as a weekend outdoor activity car for the family, but figured the JL Unlimited is right around the corner so why not wait. Happy to be here for the last few months following all the great news and coverage of the JL Wrangler.
Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Well, North Texas finally had the first COOL front of Fall. September was hottest EVER and Saturday hit 97 to break all-time high for that day. This morning was 62 at 6 AM and I finally opened New Jeep up and man it was nice and cool. Coming home it was 72 and took Rear Side windows off and opened her up !!! 70 MPH highway it was NICE !!! The better front comes Friday with a high 65 and lows 45. Will get to take Doors off first time now and really go Topless !!! :handsinair::rock::jk:

Sahara.jpg

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Howdy everyone, I'm Scott, my wife is Carla, we live in Northeast TN (Bluff City/Johnson City/Bristol). I just bought my first ever Jeep, a 2018 Wrangler JLU. That was for the wife, she loved it from the moment she sat in the driver's seat. I loved it so much that I went and bought a 2nd one 6 days later. The wife's is Sting Gray, mine is Black.

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! {filename}

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
As promised the new blue meanie!! and the outgoing Porsche...will miss the Boxster but really feel like I am home in the Rubi!!! Not to mention being able to go play in the deep snow!

Sponsored

DonBucket

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2 door
Sup... Steve here from Yardley, PA. Was deep into wheeling when I purchased my 99 TJ off the showroom floor, and went immediately to the trail with it. Before long it wasn't street-able, and I was trailering it to Paragon Adventure Park and Rousch Creek.

Kids Came... Life got busy, and looking back SOMEONE Got a great deal when I sold it. Dana 44s front and Back, Locked front and back, 36" tires (Which seem small by today's standards) and dents on every body panel....

Kids are a little older now... and well.. I went out and started looking for another TJ and I ended up with a new 2018 Jeep 2dr Manual Rubicon. I was surprised how hard it was to find a Manual Transmission.

I am looking to get out at least once a month. Kids say they want to go every weekend. :) Lols

Here is a pic from September at AOAA In Central PA.

Deej

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLUR
Hi all! I've been lurking in here for a couple of months and this forum was an extremely valuable resource when ordering my Ocean Blue JLUR. Still waiting on it and plan on sharing my experience ordering through Military AutoSource once delivery is complete. (It's been... Interesting so far.)

I had a JK for a little while but had to part ways with it 7 years ago and have missed it since. Extremely excited to get back in a jeep and couldn't be more excited for it to be a Rubicon.

See you all around!

floridawolfman

First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Retired Fire Chief
Good afternoon,
This is Herb from central Florida. Just bought a 2020 JL Wrangler unlimited in Sting-Gray, Manual, and 3.6
Ive been wanting to get a 4-door for some time. But the new jeeps are pricey. Most lots I went to, the jeeps were loaded with dealer options. And I wanted a Sting-Gray so that limited my selection.
I went to my dealer and they had a 2020 Wrangler Sport Unlimited. My lucky day they had one in my color with the only option being floor mats.
This winter I'm probably going to lift it a little and new wheels and tires.

I had a 1984 wrangler, no a/c. So I'm surprised Jeep still calls a/c an option. I can imagine what I'd have to go through to order one without it.
Built a few hot rods, a 55' Chevy Belair 327, 1971 Chevy Nova 383 Stroker. I've had 12 Harleys, 3 I built. Currently just built my 2018 Road King up to a 117 ci with a 142 ft tq. Anyway, I Finally pulled the trigger on the Wrangler. It's a bare bones Jeep, but I couldn't be happier.

MVFAN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara North Edition, 2019 GC High Altitude
Occupation
Retired
Congrats on your new Sting!!
I have the same setup (3.5/MT) in my ‘18 Sport Sting. Looooove it!! Enjoy!

Sponsored

JeepAddict14

First Name
Debi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Black JLUR, Audi S5, Dodge Ram
After 3 JKs the hubs and I ordered our JLUR Monday night. Decided to order to get exactly what we wanted. We couldn't find anything with all the options we wanted and decided if we were trading in our JKUR Recon it was only going to be for what we really wanted and not settle. So now I/we wait for my new Black JKUR!! Having fun surfing the boards and looking for mods to have for when it arrives. Still working on the name....possibly the "Dark Knight" or "Black Widow". I like some of the Poison Spyder stuff so with the black & red Black Widow came to mind. I have time though :)

Debi

MazerBeyond

First Name
Maric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU, 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500, 2015 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone, 2015 Ninja 650, 2010 Mazda 3 hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Just picked up my first Jeep today!!! 2020 JLU altitude package with the safety groups and adaptive. 3.6L auto. So happy. Already started putting my own touches on it, like the raider rack on the tail gate. Can’t wait to get the top and doors off.
View attachment 240424

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

sportsguy

First Name
duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JLU Rubicon w/a snail
Occupation
Marketing
I'll say hello, but have to admit...I don't actually HAVE a Jeep right now... *ducks* ;)

BUT...!

I sold my 2014 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel two days ago, so I AM shopping for a new Rubicon right now. ;) Being in Southern California makes it a smidge easier to reach a bunch of more-or-less nearby dealers work on deals.

When we bought the RAM, we did a custom order at Dave Smith in Idaho (we lived in Seattle then) and did a fly/drive to bring it home - that truck was epic. :)

Open to doing the same for the new Rubicon as long as the numbers work, but right now we're within $1600 of where I want to be on my build with one dealer, and that's pretty close, so a fly/drive may not be worthwhile. We'll see.

I'm shopping for a 4 door, but started this journey thinking I wanted a 2 door. My heart still does, but I'm trying to invite my head to this conversation! :D

Ultimately, it appears I'll be doing a custom order and taking delivery either around Christmas or sometime in mid January.

My hunt for the option combo I want is turning up zero matches within 300 miles of me, and only a couple with more options, and naturally, higher prices.

Perhaps I'll have more to report in the coming week. Otherwise, enjoying the community here - thank you all! :)

sportsguy

First Name
duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JLU Rubicon w/a snail
Occupation
Marketing
Hello All!

New first time Jeeper here in Huntsville, AL. Picked up a 2020 JLUR with the 2.0 last night.
Hoping to find some inspiration here to start my build!

I like how the dealer delivered your Rubicon covered in mud! Nice touch! :)

...because there's no way a new Rubicon owner would immediately take their rig offroad, is there,,,?! :D
Sponsored