Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

SaltySeaKook

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Toyota 4Runner 4x4
Hello all! My name is Wes from Az/Ut. I absolutely love offroad adventures. I have been interested in the new Jeep JL since it was unveiled and have been going through these forums several times a week for the last 2 years. Today I finally decided to become a member on the forum AND join the Jeep family! On 7/30 I ordered my 2 Door Rubicon in Sting Grey color and couldn't be more excited! This community has been very influential in my decision proccess so thank you all. I am upgrading from a 1993 4Runner 4x4.
Sponsored

SCrubicon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2022 F250 KR
Hello everyone. Josh from SC. New to the forums but on my 2nd Jeep( next will be a CJ). Have a 16 JKU and just added a 19 JLUR. Love the upgrades on the JL. Suspension on the Rubicons is also a nice surprise. New Jeep already getting lifted next week. Absolutely love it.

jrdiiflippo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU Granite Metallic - 1965 Willys CJ-5 Dauntless V6
Occupation
IT Professional
Hello from the Coal Region in Pa. Just purchased my 4th jeep. 2019 JLU Rubicon in Granite Metallic. Previously owned a 2006 Wrangler Sport in Blue, then a 2013 JKU Sport in Commando Green, Currently have a 1965 Willys CJ-5 with the Dauntless V6.

Forum has been great so far. Learning lots.

Only quirks I found with the JLU is the Sirius/XM cuts out way too much due to poor signal and the back up camera at night is horrible. I have the LED package.

jconli1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Emergency Comms, Music
Vehicle Showcase
After about a year and a half of (over)thinking... I picked up my perfect JLU this week. Exact spec I'd custom order, but didn't have to because it was sitting unsold on a lot nearby for well over a year. V6 Sport, Softtop, Dana 44 rear, Tow, Aux, XM, Tint, even the floormats. I chalk it up to my utter hatred for touchscreens and driver aides. Roll down windows and tactile knobs for hot/cold/loud/soft make me giddy, but I realize I'm in a small minority.

I sold a very practical AWD hauler (Honda Element) and very fun roadster (FCA/Mazda Fiat 124) to pick this up - was worried I'd regret it... but two days in and this is the most fun thing with 4 wheels I've ever owned.

Finally had a chance to break it in around some of my favorite local fire roads today and could not be happier.

IMG_20190802_143556_557.jpg

DJI_0019-3.jpg

Last edited:
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 White JLUR
Occupation
On set medic
Hi my name is Josh, and my wife Pepper and I just bought a white JLUR. We live in Santa Monica and weā€™ve taken it to Mammoth and Arizona and a few other places in Southern California. Iā€™m an ā€˜on set medicā€™ for commercial production and I get to drive it off-road to many of our locations. First thing Iā€™m getting is a CB so I can talk to you fine folks.
We hope to see yā€™all on the trails!

Sponsored

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
Hi my name is Josh, and my wife Pepper and I just bought a white JLUR. We live in Santa Monica and weā€™ve taken it to Mammoth and Arizona and a few other places in Southern California. Iā€™m an ā€˜on set medicā€™ for commercial production and I get to drive it off-road to many of our locations. First thing Iā€™m getting is a CB so I can talk to you fine folks.
We hope to see yā€™all on the trails!
PICS!!!! Sounds like a good looking JL and sounds like some scenic trips!

xEDGEx

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal Metallic JLUR 2.0L Turbo
Hello!

Last weekend I picked up my first Jeep Wrangler: a 2019 Granite Crystal Metallic JLUR and I absolutely LOVE it! I was able to test drive the 2.0L turbo and V6 back to back and the acceleration and mpg ratings of the 2.0L won out in the end.

My prior vehicle was a 2007 Nissan Xterra that was built up and wheeled/taken offroad often over the 12 years/198k miles of ownership. It was a great vehicle, but ultimately became too unreliable and it was time to say goodbye.

This forum has already been an awesome resource for info and Iā€™m excited to start a new adventure vehicle (and daily driver) chapter! :D

Eric

Snoqualmie, WA

jeep01.jpg

Waterloo

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting-Gray Sahara, 2006 Honda Pilot Silver
Vehicle Showcase
First time Jeep owner here. Never thought Iā€™d own a Jeep. My first car (low-milage ā€˜81 Cressida) was fun to drive but every vehicle after that was the ā€œpractical choiceā€. (Spoiler: lots of Hondas). Rented a Jeep on a lark before a trip to the Candian Rockies and Colorado. We didnā€™t offroad, but we did climb Mount Evans and we all fell in love with the Jeep. Bought a brand-new ā€˜18 Sahara a couple weeks after getting home.

This forum has been invaluable as I learn the ins and outs of my new obsession. Thanks!

IMG_20190805_121806.jpg

Last edited:

SandnDirt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2door
Vehicle Showcase
Just picked up a new 2018 JL Rubicon Auto 3.6 (tried the manual but the 8spd auto was it). My last Jeep was a CJ5 back in 1993.
About to add 37in Baja Boss on a 2.5in Clayton Premium Lift...I'll post pics when all's installed.
Lot's of good reading on the forums here and the honest genuine comments are great.

Sponsored

johnrb3b

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeeps-folbots-etc.epizy.com
Vehicle(s)
'54 CJ-3B '57 Station Wagon 2019JL
Occupation
retired
Drove home a 2019 Sport last night.
Read through the entire User Guide, skipping equipment not on mine and all the warnings. Wow the book is half warnings.
Starting to transfer all the stuff from my 2010 JK. Lots of stuff.
Looking forward to the Mojave in September.

new_one.jpg

jeep8

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
This is my 8th Jeep, and by far the best so far. I had a 2012 Black Rubicon with a 3" lift, bumpers, wheels and tires and other goodies. I am just starting the build on this one. Just put the wheels and 35"s on, new bumper this weekend, and Roam sidesteps on order. I wanted a light color this time, the silver still looks clean when it is dirty. We like to take it to the boonies, but it is also our date car as well. This one has the Sky Touch roof, and so far really like it.

ruby2.jpg

ruby.jpg

J.Mentzer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Mojito! Rubicon
Hi, new member here and just bought my 1st ever Jeep!
2019 JLUR Mojito! 3.6 auto and Love it!
I will be reading and learning on here, thank you all for helping newbies with their rigs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Hello, new member finally joined the forum after browsing for a while. I've had my Jeep JL for almost a year and loving it. Getting ready to take it off road on the beach for the first time later this month.
Sponsored