Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

DrDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Beetle 2003, Sahara 4 door Silver 2020
Hi all- Jack in VA. I found out my wife is pregnant after my retirement from the Marines. Because she makes more than I do/did, I will be the stay at home parent. My current DD is a Ram 3500 dually, so we decided I needed a more "practical" vehicle to be a full-time dad. Not being the mini-van type, I have convinced my wife that a Wrangler would be a good option (at least compared to the dually) Her only requirements- hard top and heated seats.

We found a silver 2018 JLU Sport with all of the features I required, and none of "absolutely nots." Tech, towing, cold weather (remote start!) were requirements, and avoiding the 8.4 Uconnect system was an absolute. I've got it in my dually and SERIOUSLY dislike it, primarily the nav and the auto dimming mirror. We are working on the immediate minor mods, and how we want to scale up as we work our way through the maze of parenthood. It is the first Jeep for either of us, although I have been lusting after one for years.
Congratulations on new babies
Sponsored

Quest

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport
Hi all, This site has been a great resource as I transition into my jeep from my high mileage scratched up from love/usage Silverado 4x4. It will be my dd and a fun machine for hunting/fishing/getting lost. A friend who questioned my sanity about taking my truck deep and scratching it asked me if I was going to take my jeep hunting...my response...well ya, if not I would have bought a Prius LOL I have taken my "Prius" deer scouting and on several roads I never thought a Prius would be able to traverse and it did fine so far LOL. Happy Trails

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
I'm Mike, in eastern Iowa. Tomorrow I pick up my 2019 JL Sport. It's about as basic as you can get, just has the auto tranny, hard roof, and air. All black inside and out. The only mod I plan is removing the rear seat. This isnt going mudding or crawling...just a daily driver for someone who lives in the country where it sometimes snows a lot. I plan to keep my '97 Ram...it always starts, always runs, and can pull a tank out of a river. It's rusted, dented, dirty and loud...wife wont let me park it in sight of the house. I've driven either a Jeep or a Ram PU my whole adult life, going back to a birthyear 1949 Willys Jeep wagon I owned in college...wanna talk about death wobble?

Sponsored

BubNSC

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara
What’s happening! New to the Jeep family. Wife has a ‘19 JL Sahara Bright White, I’m just the mechanic! Looking to do some very gentle off-roading since it’s her daily driver. She likes the idea of a small lift and 35s once she puts some miles on it. Thanks for the tons useful knowledge I’ve already read through!!

0D65ACBA-2ED3-4877-A816-A366DD917539.jpeg

JL Fan

First Name
JL Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Couldn't find the Intro Forum...until I clicked on the first thread. :facepalm: But that's history. Ordered my first Jeep on June 15. Dealer estimated 6 to 8 weeks to delivery. But what do they know, right? I mean, they are the guys in the business who have tons of knowledge, skill and experience. I'm the other guy. I'm counting on it getting here this week. I ran that by my dog...not disagreement. Anyway, I intended to order the 2 door. But then I remembered my house bully telling me to be cognizant of our kids and all of the soccer, baseball, football gear. The 2 door was just too small. So I went with JLU Sport "S" 3.6L, 6 spd, soft top. Rubicon, Moab, Altitude...all fine choices, and perhaps the source of a little personal jealousy. But the JLU basic Sport fit me. Well, Sport "S" b/c A/C. And I have already spent darn near my first payment in extras from Quadratech and Extreme Terrain (interior stuff like console organizers and Jeep coffee mugs. I get such a great looks from the house bully when the package gets here, and I don't even own a Jeep...yet. Really looking forward to this new Jeep chapter in my life. Cheers errebody!!!

Bucaro

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Kia Sportage, MB GLS 550
Hi everyone, new member here. I’ve been lurking for the past couple of weeks. I decided on getting my Jeep recently. I have wanted one all of my life, but really never decided to get it until now. I’m in the process of looking at all the images and checking all of the options. I know I want to order a JLUR. I’m considering the drop shipping option, if my local dealers cannot match the price of a higher volume one.

JL Fan

First Name
JL Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Hi everyone, new member here. I’ve been lurking for the past couple of weeks. I decided on getting my Jeep recently. I have wanted one all of my life, but really never decided to get it until now. I’m in the process of looking at all the images and checking all of the options. I know I want to order a JLUR. I’m considering the drop shipping option, if my local dealers cannot match the price of a higher volume one.[/QUOTE

Go to Jeep.com and “build and price” the Jeep so many times that you can do it in your sleep. I knew more about the one I wanted than the dealer. Also, remember that after market stuff like tube steps/sliders will save you $$$. So just have them build something you can start with.

Sponsored

Macs79

First Name
Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Thought it was about time to introduce myself.

In 2011 i walked into the Chrysler Dealership to buy me an unlimited. It would have been my first 4x4.... which i have always wanted. After some sticker shock, struggling with the three car seats just to take a test drive and then the dealership wanting over sticker. I tucked my tail between my legs and got a dodge nitro 4x4 for $17,120.... It didn't even have cruise control. I spent the next 8 years pretending that nitro was the baddest thing ever. Some fake beadlocks and 33's that never rubbed going straight.

Last Saturday (11:00 am) at 150,000 miles, with the investment of 6 oil changes, missing flares, 7 sets of tires and new plugs waiting to be installed in the glove box (since atleast 2016), needing her 4th windshield replaced. She puked her last quart of oil.

I jumped on the old web and found out a Jeep Dealership 2 miles away has a new 2018 on the lot for an unbelievable price.
I poured everything into that car to limp her there (literally)....... as i pull up, i see a couple taking things and putting into that Jeep (sold).

Of course salesman swarm, i asked if that was that 2018 on the net and they give me the whole line that we can make you a better deal on a 2019..... I was really stuck because the nitro just belched everything i put in her to make it there.

They hand me off to another salesman after a while.... Its around 2:00... i know the banks are fixing to close and i dont want to pay for an uber trip to get back and forth to work (120 miles round trip ) until the next Saturday. I decide to find the ugliest Wrangler there and plea my case.

I found the ugliest, mismatched wrangler ever. The dirt around the wheels showed it hasnt moved in a very long time. That's my huckleberry.
They eventually found the keys and prepared it to move.
Come to find out it was a 2018, been on that lot for 14 months and they didn't even know it was there.
No window sticker, i had to get that from Mopar.

4:15 PM on July 6th, they handed me my keys.

This has been a long road.

jeep 3.jpg

jeep 4.jpg

Jeep 5.jpg

jeep 1.jpg

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport 2 door soft top
Vehicle Showcase

In 2011 i walked into the Chrysler Dealership to buy me an unlimited. It would have been my first 4x4.... which i have always wanted. After some sticker shock, struggling with the three car seats just to take a test drive and then the dealership wanting over sticker. I tucked my tail between my legs and got a dodge nitro 4x4 for $17,120.... It didn't even have cruise control. I spent the next 8 years pretending that nitro was the baddest thing ever. Some fake beadlocks and 33's that never rubbed going straight.

Last Saturday (11:00 am) at 150,000 miles, with the investment of 6 oil changes, missing flares, 7 sets of tires and new plugs waiting to be installed in the glove box (since atleast 2016), needing her 4th windshield replaced. She puked her last quart of oil.

I jumped on the old web and found out a Jeep Dealership 2 miles away has a new 2018 on the lot for an unbelievable price.
I poured everything into that car to limp her there (literally)....... as i pull up, i see a couple taking things and putting into that Jeep (sold).

Of course salesman swarm, i asked if that was that 2018 on the net and they give me the whole line that we can make you a better deal on a 2019..... I was really stuck because the nitro just belched everything i put in her to make it there.

They hand me off to another salesman after a while.... Its around 2:00... i know the banks are fixing to close and i dont want to pay for an uber trip to get back and forth to work (120 miles round trip ) until the next Saturday. I decide to find the ugliest Wrangler there and plea my case.

I found the ugliest, mismatched wrangler ever. The dirt around the wheels showed it hasnt moved in a very long time. That's my huckleberry.
Come to find out it was a 2018, been on that lot for 14 months and they didn't even know it was there.

jeep 3.jpg

jeep 4.jpg

Jeep 5.jpg

jeep 1.jpg

Ugly? Not at all lol, you can turn it into a 10

FishtownPride

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door

jeep 3.jpg

jeep 4.jpg

Jeep 5.jpg

jeep 1.jpg
She's a beauty!

stormyguy

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS (Nitrous Blue)
Hi from the UK!

Just recently returned from 3weeks in UT/CO/NM and AZ hitting up some road trip vibes, National Parks and so on (we love the southwest) and finally decided to take the plunge after seeing so many cool Jeeps on our travels. We had been looking at modded Land Rover Defenders too but the JL has definitely won our hearts!

We’ll be looking at a Rubicon (4-dr) purchase, and we are lucky enough to have the Mojito 2-dr ‘demo’ car on loan from our local dealer for 24hrs to see how we like it! Yes, the sun IS out in the UK and I’ve started to dismantle it already :)

We’re leaning toward Billet Silver and the petrol engine. No vehicles in that spec coming in anytime soon so guessing we’ll have a fair wait-time on our hands but it’ll be worth it to have the colour/trim options that we want.

Will have some questions for you guys regarding wheels, tires and steps/rails and whatnot in the fullness of time which I hope you’ll be able to help with....

I’ll check back in once we’re all signed up and the waiting has begun....

Cheers to all!
Danny
Sponsored