Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

MrJeepNut

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ-7, 1997 TJ, 2018 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Nice to get a former FJ owner's perspective. I was test driving new Jeeps when the FJ came out and decided on the FJ because of the "fun factor" rather than practicality. Don't get me wrong I love this thing to death and as I said earlier I'll more than likely keep it, but the lack of options when order, blind spots and the suicide doors (as you mentioned) are definite downsides to the FJ. I just hate all black interiors as a good portion of my driving is on dirt roads and the dust gets to be a bit much after while and that's the only option in the FJ.

Looking forward to seeing pricing info as someone mentioned earlier
Just stumbled across this in the non-Wrangler forum:

Motor Trend: JKU vs. FJ
Sponsored

HTK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
New here just registered, I've been lurking for some time now in anticipation of the JL. Putting my order in soon as it's up.

toresen

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport
Occupation
Broadcast Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Evening all. TJ owner waiting on the new model. Hoping to upgrade to a 4door JL for family adventures and slightly more graceful school drop offs ;)
I'm enjoying the forum banter as the excitement builds

DarthMall

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner 4x4, Mazda B2500
Vehicle Showcase
I do notice quite a bit of TJ owners on this forum. I'm sure you will enjoy the upgrade in interior functionally, comfort, and most importantly power. Cheers and welcome to the forums:like:

Sponsored

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hi all

Been looking at Jeeps for a few years and eventually went for a Land Rover LR4. Performs great off and on road however I think it's time to switch over. Let's see what the JL will offer.

Axel

Jeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Hi,

I am a current 2012 JKU owner and debating on trading for the JLU or just keeping the JK. Mine is winter chill and haven't seen any other color I like better.

NewApexJT

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Ranger, 2018 Nissan Frontier
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Hey everyone,
I'm currently an owner of a 2008 2WD Ford ranger and I'm planning on upgrading to my first jeep. I'm planning on getting a JTU diesel in white and hopefully upgrade a few things and hopefully join a wheeling group. I've wanted to get one for the longest time as the wrangler reminds me so much of the farm life I had, driving around with no doors and no top in the mud. I'm also a mechanical engineer so I'll chime in where I can if I know something!

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone,
I'm currently an owner of a 2008 2WD Ford ranger and I'm planning on upgrading to my first jeep. I'm planning on getting a JTU diesel in white and hopefully upgrade a few things and hopefully join a wheeling group. I've wanted to get one for the longest time as the wrangler reminds me so much of the farm life I had, driving around with no doors and no top in the mud. I'm also a mechanical engineer so I'll chime in where I can if I know something!
Let's just hope we get the diesel in these bad boys!

NewApexJT

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Ranger, 2018 Nissan Frontier
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I hope so too, been watching for any news on the Ecodiesel being approved.

Sponsored

JaybearWL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0t
Hi all,

Never owned a Jeep before, but now with Sallie Mae off my back and some financial freedom, I started looking at making the leap and now I'm super-pumped and locked in, just waiting eagerly (voraciously?) for a JLU - looking for fun and adventure but still need some of the creature comforts to haul around our little boys and the occasional client. Been lurking for about 2 weeks since I found this place - love reading the "scoops" here.

attworth

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf
Hello everyone, I'm Tony. I'm in the military, so I move quite a bit. Currently in Europe and have an old BMW 3-Series.

I've owned several Jeeps, a 79 CJ-7, a 93 ZJ, and a couple XJ's. The CJ was burned to the ground last summer by some vandals while parked at my mother's house while the family and I are in Europe. Really bummed us out. My wife and I spent our first year of marriage restoring it. It was never completed but I did drive it everyday for about a year and we took it on a few adventures close to pavement.

We were going to buy a minivan for our rapidly expanding family, as our VW Golf just ain't cutting it anymore. But... we sat down and really discussed our needs and what we want out of life. In other words I talked her into a new Jeep instead. We tossed around the idea of a GC or something, but she really wants something to replace our old CJ (if that's even possible.)

After driving a JKU and really loving it, I stumbled upon this forum and have been lurking for a couple of weeks. We really like what we're seeing and plan to order a JLU as soon as they're available. We can utilize a dealer over here and have one ordered just how we want it so it'll be waiting for us when we return to the states next summer.

We plan to hit the Frankfurt IAA this year (mid September.) I'm really hoping the JL is there. Crossing my fingers. If it is, expect some videos and photos from me!

Anyway, that's me. I appreciate all the great posts I've been reading and I think this community will be a wonderful frequent spot once we have the keys (lack thereof maybe?) to our new Jeep!

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
Been lurking for quite some time, but finally decided to join up! I have always wanted a Jeep, and with the new model coming out, I am finally ready to make the leap...that and the fact that I am ready to get something fun to drive just in time for my 50th birthday! Thanks to all the great posts and knowledge being dished out here. I look forward to more reveals and information! Can't wait to order!

JLpaulo

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Hi all,
I was in the market for a Jeep a few years ago. Really wanted the JK but the wife convinced me to get the Grand Cherokee because of the newborn addition to our family at the time. I also had a 350Z convertible so I already had a "fun" car.
Four years later, the Z is sold and I'm still itching for the wrangler and just about ready to pull the trigger. At this point since we're a few months out, definitely worth it (to me at least) to wait for the JLU. Love the forum!

urgencyy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 228xi
Hey,

25 year old from Toronto area. Currently driving a BMW 228i, I bought a couple years ago as a "fun" car but have wanted a wrangler forever since my dad had a TJ when I was young. I've been test driving JKU's but judging from the rumours about the JL/JLU, it will probably fix all my gripes I have with the JK. Such as a lacking engine, outdated interior and entertainment system, MPG as it would be a daily driver.

Really looking forward for more details to leak and for order banks to open up!
Sponsored