Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

Doberhauler

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2016 340i
I got the Jeep bug last year, I wanted a basic Wrangler with manual and roll up windows, just a back to basics Jeep. I had to go with the Unlimited for the pups to have room. A basic Jeep with manual was hard to find and dealers weren’t giving much. Fortunately a dealership had a manual Sport S with the audio upgrade and they needed one more sale to make their 2018 numbers, I got an incredible deal on the last sale of the year for them.

This is my weekend vehicle, yet I find myself anxious to drive it during the week. Something about the open air truck-like ride. I had to replace the stock highway tires, no plans on a lift so kept close to stock. With no suspension upgrades planned, wanted to keep the front end light so got the Rock Hard full width aluminum Patriot bumper so I could mount a synthetic rope winch. I’m finding spending money on her can be addictive!

I took her to Citrus Wildlife Management Area yesterday and found out what a beast these things are. The couple times I did get stuck I just backed down the hill and tried again.

This forum has provided a wealth of information and I appreciate everyone taking time to help others.

8822F094-98BB-445C-B503-F11A91371F78.jpeg
Sponsored

DaddysJeep

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Long-time lurker here - finally made my order today for a 2019 Sahara, and finally joined/registered in the forum. My first Jeep ever (I can't wait to complain about how it doesn't steer like my Audi A4), and I couldn't be more pumped. It's going to be a shameless mall-crawler, but I look forward to taking it out on the beach with my family this summer, and like my two-year-old son said this morning, we can't wait to put the top down, and have the wind blow our hats off!

SCWrangler

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hey y’all. I’m Jeremy from SC. Just purchased a 2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. I had an ‘08 JK Rubicon previously. Took an 7 and a half year hiatus from owning one. Looking forward to meeting people and getting inspiration from others.

5F8C1B68-7C53-4074-8006-C6B5BDDBD09C.jpeg

Bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
My hubby and I are senior citizens and have just purchased our first Jeep, a 2019 Sahara with most of the bells and whistles. His name is Smaug, after the dragon in The Hobbit by Tolkein. We've always admired Wranglers and thought, hey, let's do this now, before we're too old to enjoy it! Can't wait for the warmer weather to arrive so we can take off the freedom panels and the doors too! We're registered for the BC (Canada) Jeepapalooza event in May so that we can get a little taste of off-roading with more experienced folks. Yes, we're having way too much fun!

IMG_7492.jpg

Sponsored

gchap7

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
First post here; Hello! Picked up a 2019 JLU in December. Serious whistle and wind noises from the driver's side door seal. The jeep has been at the dealership almost more than with me. Worst part is I heard it on the test drive, but I wanted the color/package of it. I under estimated how much time would go into fixing it. It's comforting reading all the threads on the issue that I am not alone. I really like the upgrades compared to my 2012 JK Sahara, but that car was bullet proof. Never had one issue. We'll see how it goes with this one.

Jeepney209

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Hello, Jeepers! I ordered my JLUR Punk’n yesterday. I can’t wait to share it with you all!

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2021 Jeep Wrangler S MT
I got the Jeep bug last year, I wanted a basic Wrangler with manual and roll up windows, just a back to basics Jeep. I had to go with the Unlimited for the pups to have room. A basic Jeep with manual was hard to find and dealers weren’t giving much. Fortunately a dealership had a manual Sport S with the audio upgrade and they needed one more sale to make their 2018 numbers, I got an incredible deal on the last sale of the year for them.

This is my weekend vehicle, yet I find myself anxious to drive it during the week. Something about the open air truck-like ride. I had to replace the stock highway tires, no plans on a lift so kept close to stock. With no suspension upgrades planned, wanted to keep the front end light so got the Rock Hard full width aluminum Patriot bumper so I could mount a synthetic rope winch. I’m finding spending money on her can be addictive!

I took her to Citrus Wildlife Management Area yesterday and found out what a beast these things are. The couple times I did get stuck I just backed down the hill and tried again.

This forum has provided a wealth of information and I appreciate everyone taking time to help others.

8822F094-98BB-445C-B503-F11A91371F78.jpeg
Sharp looking Jeep!! I'm the same way - bought my Jeep as a weekend toy but I'm driving it everyday.....(also a Sport S w manual trans)

Jeepit

First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
This is why the JL doors are Wavy
do not need to do Jeep wavy at oncoming Jeeps
JL does it for you

Sponsored

northskytrail

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon
Hello all - I'm from Bellingham, WA and just pulled the trigger two weeks ago on 2018 JL and so far I only have one question. Is there a way to tighten up the steering? There is tons of play in it and sometimes it like to drift and I feel like I am constantly over compensating. It's been a big change coming from a 2008 Subaru Impreza Outback sport and my also my first 4X4 rig. Any advice? This is my day to day transportation.

Thanks,

Scott

IMG_20190217_133436.jpg

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all - I'm from Bellingham, WA and just pulled the trigger two weeks ago on 2018 JL and so far I only have one question. Is there a way to tighten up the steering? There is tons of play in it and sometimes it like to drift and I feel like I am constantly over compensating. It's been a big change coming from a 2008 Subaru Impreza Outback sport and my also my first 4X4 rig. Any advice? This is my day to day transportation.

Thanks,

Scott

IMG_20190217_133436.jpg
There are several threads on the steering under the technical section. There is no single solution and many have tried and failed to improve while some have. Steering issues have been reported on Wranglers for decades so you will hear "it's a Jeep thing" a lot and for many first time owners it is, it is not the same steering as on a car.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My hubby and I are senior citizens and have just purchased our first Jeep, a 2019 Sahara with most of the bells and whistles. His name is Smaug, after the dragon in The Hobbit by Tolkein. We've always admired Wranglers and thought, hey, let's do this now, before we're too old to enjoy it! Can't wait for the warmer weather to arrive so we can take off the freedom panels and the doors too! We're registered for the BC (Canada) Jeepapalooza event in May so that we can get a little taste of off-roading with more experienced folks. Yes, we're having way too much fun!

IMG_7492.jpg
Welcome although the general rule is to call yourself senior citizens you need to have gray hair otherwise you are just on top of middle age. Hope Smaug isn't a fire breather like his namesake.

RuralMailLady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 RHD Cherokee
Joined the forum hoping to get the latest news on when the RHD JL would be available in the US. I'm hoping to upgrade from my '97 RHD Cherokee with a Mojito RHD Wrangler

IMG_20180122_101427984_HDR.jpg

ryanladd

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S 2DR
Brand new, 1st time jeep owner. Just bought a new '18 JL Sport S 2dr and I have no idea where to get started.
Want to do 18" x 10" wheels with some 35" mud tires, but do I need to change suspension? Do I need or want a lift? How much of one? Is this the first thing I should do? This is not my daily commuter, but a vehicle for some weekend fun, so point me in the right direction.
Sponsored