Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

jaldeborgh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 400, 1949 Triumph 2000 (under restoration), 2004 Ducati Monster S4R, 2003 BMW K1200RS, and 4 Vespa scooters.
Occupation
Semiconductor Capital Equipment Sales Executive
Hi, I'm new to Jeeps and the Wrangler. The only SUV's I've owned are a Porsche Cayenne (2003) and currently a BMW X3 (2011). Yesterday, I ordered a JLU Rubicon so I'm taking a leap of faith that I will enjoy the Jeep. I think I've watched everything on YouTube on the JL so I'm excited about what I see, I just hope my expectations aren't too high, but my risk is minimal. I'm 61 so if I don't give the Wrangler a try now I never will and it looks like a fun car. I have a wide spectrum of vehicles, ranging from a 50cc Vespa to a Lotus Evora 400 and I tend to like purpose built things, which is why I opted for the Rubicon. I've never done any serious off-roading and I doubt I'll do more that some beach driving and of course New England winters, but you never know. The dealer is saying it should take about 8 weeks, if I'm lucky, for the car to arrive at the dealership.
Sponsored

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Hello everyone. Not my first post in the forum but I thought i should say hi. I recently ordered a JL Sport S in firecracker red with a couple of options. Pockets aren't big enough for a Rubicon :( this will be my first Wrangler after decades of wanting one but never getting it. The closest vehicle to it that I owned was a Suzuki Samurai that was lots of fun to drive but that was a long time ago. I can't wait for it to arrive but I know it'll be a long wait since I got a 2 door with manual transmission. I've read almost everything about it and look forward to hitting some trails and learn the ropes.

House

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LandRover, Subaru
Hi all. I'm a former Rubi owner. Had a JKU several years back. Sold it for a LandRover (which was our 5th LR). We drive LR and Subaru and we get offload several times a year. Never much rock crawling but we take back trails and do some fording to get to out of the way camping spots. We're from New Orleans, but lived in Boulder, Colorado for nearly 20 years. Spent some time on Switzerland Trail; loved that trail. Now we live in the Hudson Valley and this summer will be moving permanently to a little seaside village in Maine (Camden) which has a great ski resort, excellent harbor and lots and LOTS of countryside to hike and offload in. Very strong LR Defender scene up there with East Coast Defender being just down the street in Rockland. My other interests are sailing, medicine (I'm a physician), classical music, birding and flying (paragliding or small aircraft).

Looking forward to maybe coming back to the fold with a JLU Rubi this summer. Love the new look and options.

PutnamJeep

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.putnamchrysler.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Occupation
Sales
Hello! I wanted to introduce myself as I've been lurking since the beginning here.

I work for a Jeep Dealership in Putnam, CT (Northeastern Corner of the State) and will gladly accept any Tread Lightly programs, Affiliate and Chrysler Employee discounts. I've been there for 6 years now and looking to help anyone order the JL's or JK's if they want one!

Glad to be part of the Community!

011Crmn

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU Sahara. Ordered 9/25 2020 Gladiator Rubicon Gator
Vehicle Showcase
Hello, I've been following the forum for some time now and thought I should finally join. I currently own a 2010 JKU Sahara. I am hoping to upgrade in the next year or two to a JLU Rubicon or a Scrambler. The jury is still out.

Sponsored

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Hi guys,
Been following the forum for a while now, just thought I’d join and pitch in now ;)
I’m a French army vet who moved to Canada 4 years ago, currently owning a 2015 Mustang V6, about to be traded in as soon as the (pretty much fully loaded) JLUS I ordered is coming in.
Thanks to every one for all the very useful info, I’ll try to be as helpful as I can as you guys were to me. ;)
Wrangler wave to you all

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Hello forum members,
I believe I am about to make a return to the Jeeping world. I have had several jeeps over the years... my last was a 07 Rubicon. My whole family loves jeeps and they each own one. Knowing the JL was in the works, I have been waiting to see how jeep would continue the wrangler line. I still have yet to see one, but from what I have been able to see online, I really like what I see. I am waiting to see a few arrive at my local dealers. Really looking forward to seeing this new Rubi.

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
Cheers, JL Wrangler members,

i'm Bill from the Detroit area. I own a '68 CJ5 and an '08 JK Unlimited and have been in love with the new shape since I saw it in the styling dome at CTC in '04. Was pleased to see the creature comforts added starting with the '11 models (but I didn't buy a new one then): tray on top of dash; mesh pocket in front of shifter; padded arm rests (!); mesh pockets on packs of seats; wider rear window; and stay-open swing gate. Now I'm ready for a new one. Undecided on color, but red is leading with punk'n a possibility. Four doors definitely. Woofer probably. Dual tops probably. Not sure I want to spend $2k on the 8-spd, but I need to test drive the 6-spd manual - the current one has been great to me but they've now changed suppliers.

Will monitor here until it's purchase time.

Ciao

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all,

I am Jorge from Chicago. I currently own a Cherokee 2015 but in the market it to trade it in for a JL. I am looking into a Sahara or Rubicon model.

The Z

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab, 2013 Toyota Sienna, 2003 4 Winds 5000 Motorhome
Hello!, I am Shane I am new I have never driven a Wrangler but just ordered a JL Rubicon. A couple weeks ago I looked up vehicles that could be flat towed behind an RV and came across Jeeps so i went to the site and seen oh all new Wrangler wow looks great and then many youtube videos I watched later about the JL I was sold. I am mainly sold on looks I just think the JL is such a contrast of these damn cross over SUVs they all look the same like a mico minivan and without looking at the brand logo you can not tell them apart I think they look fugly. I just am blown away by the looks the JL and it has style and I know its vain but main reason I went for the Rubicon is the meaty tires, the rims and the red dash. I love the red dash I think it is pretty much the coolest thing. Of course this will not only be for tow behind the RV it will be well used for other things. Never been so excited about a vehicle. My wife and kids say it is a midlife crisis thing.

Sponsored

Deleted member 13012

Hello,

New to this site, I have been looking to get into Jeep for a long time but I think JLUR in mojito green is talking to me ... its more like screaming at me. I will be seeking information and looking to buy one by summer ....

ASKobayashi

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hi everyone,

Planning on becoming a first time Wrangler owner in the very near future. Looking for a manual JLU with a soft top. Would already have placed my order, but it looks like I can't yet order the Tan soft top. I wish they wouldn't list stuff that you can't order yet.

Looking forward to joining in the fun, even though I'm pretty sure "real jeep" people hate newbs like me.

Onemanwolfepack

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
New member here too, I test drive a new Rubicon UL today. I was super impressed with the upgrades to the steering and brakes. Overall fit and finish was very nice too, but I am really waiting on the diesel engine, and some more color options, specifically the mojito, so if anyone had any pictures of that color in" real life" I would love to see them!
20180116_170815.jpg
Screenshot_20180116-192043.png

CybrSlydr

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3, Wrangler Rubicon TJ
Occupation
Oil and Gas Admin
Hi folks! I'm Jordan from Beverly, Ohio.

I'm a 33 year old student studying Geology with 2 semesters to go after this one finishes (I hope). Prior service Army, joined at age 26, Field Artillery (13B) and deployed once to Afghanistan. Got blown up about 6 months into the deployment and was medically discharged.

I currently drive a 2005 E46 Mystic Blue Metallic BMW M3 and I adore it. I came here because I've been looking at the new JL and like what I see - mostly as my dream is once I graduate to move out west to say... Wyoming or somewhere and work with the Parks service or someone similar in land conservation - something where I can get outside and walk-about and enjoy nature.

I'm also a budding angler looking to expand my Rucking destinations - these are some reasons I'm looking at a Wrangler as well as much better inclement weather performance (looking at you, snow lol).

While I've not gotten to do it as much as I used to, I'm also a hobby photographer (Cannon all the way!) and have quite a few albums on Flickr.

This album are pics from my deployment back in 2011. https://www.flickr.com/photos/cybrslydr/albums/72157626205272993

I look forward to learning a lot from you folks - thank you!!

Piteco

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n Rubicon 2020 Diesel
Hi everyone! Looking to join the Wrangler family with the JL Diesel in 2019. The wife is leaning towards a Mojito color so we'll see.

Following all the developments in here for the next year looks like fun.
Sponsored