Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

The Mad Duck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Dodge Nitro R/T 4X4 (My Fake Jeep), 2010 Dodge Journey R/T, 1962 Imperial
Hi to all Jeepers ! Enjoy to heck out of all the info about the next Gen. of Real Jeeps.
A little of my Chrysler History. I worked at the Trenton Engine Plant for about 35 years and about 5 at the Warren Stamping Plant.

I helped with the final build out of the 3.8L engines at Trenton. I got to visit Kenosha Engine a Couple of times back int the 1990's.

Got a kick out of the brass tags on the machinery that read "Nash -Kelvnator". The I - 6 Engine assembly line has a striking resemblance to the Slant Six Engine assembly line at Trenton.
I First retired in 2007 as a Skilled Trades Maintenance Supervisor (My trade was a tool & die maker).

I went back to work 3 Times after retiring. I got to ride the old North Trenton Engine Plant off into the sunset. We made your 3.8L V-6's.

Then I was at the new South plant making the 3.6 & 3.2 L engines. My last return I helped to get the V-6 Camshaft Line in the North Plant up to full Production rate ( 5000 cams a day). Got to work in the 3.2L assembly line there and in the Various Machining Depts there.

Now for a Question. " Where is the New 4-Banger "H" Engine coming From????? Quess !
I am driving a "Fake Jeep" a 2011 Dodge Nitro 4X4 with a 2 Inch lift kit in the back & all The skid plates the can fit the liberty Jeep. Hey it's 70% Jeep Liberty parts.

I want to buy a wrangler JKU but my wife hated the wheel in the rear window.
I call it a fake Jeep because I get so many nice comment about driving a "Cool Jeep".
And I have gotten tired saying No It's a Dodge Nitro !

Hope to buy a JLU someday.
And I hope the Launch is flawless !
Sponsored

Last edited:

GozFather

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 turbodiesel 2500
Hey guys! Had a 2015 2 door Rubi and had to sell for family upgrades. Going to pick up the 2018 4 door and get back in the game!

Dennis Hopper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Rubicon
New here and thanks for the add. 2015 JKU Rubicon is my first Jeep and I'm looking forward to making it great. Been in the electronics industry most of my career and work for a company that integrates satellite radio into vehicles. If there's an audio question, I can find out the answers for anyone. Thanks

Otis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former Jeep JKU Owner; Audi Q7; GMC Yukon
Howdy All,
New here. My first Jeep was a 2016 Rocky Ridge JKU that I owned for a whopping year before the missus suggested I sell it to trade in for an SUV that would make a better second car for our growing family. As a dad of three girls, she now recognizes it was basically my "man cave," the one place I could go and smoke a cigar in the open air and play music that nobody else wants to hear (Hair Nation as 70s rock), and so she's "blessed" me getting a replacement. I drove it so infrequently -- it was a weekend fun car that I put a measly 2500 miles on before trading it in -- that initially I was going to look at getting a classic CJ-7 or Scrambler. But after investigating those at length and then finally sitting in one and realizing my 6'4" frame doesn't fit well in them, and they aren't all that comfortable and family friendly, I started looking at some used JKUs.

But then, after today looking at a 2011 JKU with a boatload of mileage on it (100k+) and considering that it would STILL cost nearly 20k, I decided finally that I was going to wait and splurge on a JL.

So, I'm here patiently waiting, and excited to plunk down on one as soon as they're available! From there, I'll be doing a 3.5" or 4" lift, skme 35" MTs on some black wheels; some bumpers and a winch. And then cruising around town on a sunny day and down to the beach in my "man cave,"

Can't wait.

Excited to be here and read along the way.

-Otis

Sponsored

Cam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In between Wranglers right now
Howdy All,
New here. My first Jeep was a 2016 Rocky Ridge JKU that I owned for a whopping year before the missus suggested I sell it to trade in for an SUV that would make a better second car for our growing family. As a dad of three girls, she now recognizes it was basically my "man cave," the one place I could go and smoke a cigar in the open air and play music that nobody else wants to hear (Hair Nation as 70s rock), and so she's "blessed" me getting a replacement. I drove it so infrequently -- it was a weekend fun car that I put a measly 2500 miles on before trading it in -- that initially I was going to look at getting a classic CJ-7 or Scrambler. But after investigating those at length and then finally sitting in one and realizing my 6'4" frame doesn't fit well in them, and they aren't all that comfortable and family friendly, I started looking at some used JKUs.

But then, after today looking at a 2011 JKU with a boatload of mileage on it (100k+) and considering that it would STILL cost nearly 20k, I decided finally that I was going to wait and splurge on a JL.

So, I'm here patiently waiting, and excited to plunk down on one as soon as they're available! From there, I'll be doing a 3.5" or 4" lift, skme 35" MTs on some black wheels; some bumpers and a winch. And then cruising around town on a sunny day and down to the beach in my "man cave,"

Can't wait.

Excited to be here and read along the way.

-Otis
Welcome to the site and :like: to your wife for recognizing it was your mobile man cave.

Used JK have been holding their value so well I predict there'll be a lot of people who make the same decision as you and opt for a new JL instead once they're available.

I'm in between Wranglers right now as well so we're in the same exciting waiting game. :fist bump:

Otis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former Jeep JKU Owner; Audi Q7; GMC Yukon
Welcome to the site and :like: to your wife for recognizing it was your mobile man cave.

Used JK have been holding their value so well I predict there'll be a lot of people who make the same decision as you and opt for a new JL instead once they're available.

I'm in between Wranglers right now as well so we're in the same exciting waiting game. :fist bump:
Yeah, exactly. I started doing the math and thought why the heck would I spend 20k on an old and heavily used entry level JKU when I can wait a year and get into an entry level JL for probably like $8k more? The JKUs do hold their value like crazy. I wonder also if the used JKU market is going to take a hit once JLs come out. Seems to me that's inevitable.

Good luck and enjoy your wait!

Bullring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Welcome! Which engine are you going with?

JL is supposed to be a slow gradual rollout before full production shifts from JK. That would be my main concern (and probably markups to reflect that) if you're looking to just get one off the lot. I'm betting the turbo 4 will be hard to find in your color/trim.

JeepinGeorge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone, I'm George and have been a Jeep fan since as far back as I can remember from riding around with my Dad in the CJ he had when I was a kid. I currently have a 1998 Wrangler Sahara that I'm doing a rolling resto-mod on that started with repairing the frame from salt damage here in New Hampshire. Everything else on this Jeep was near mint so couldn't pass it up when I found it 6 months after my 97 se model decided to kick the bucket after 187k tough miles from the numerous previous owners. I've even driven and wrenched on a 1988 2.5L 4x2 MJ with 4spd manual Comanche Pioneer which will forever hold a special place in my heart. Speaking of heart, :angel:my other half has a 2004 se model with 172k on the clock that's still mostly original and/or replaced with OEM parts and is slowly getting a few mods here and there (great story to go along with this Jeep by the way) . Starting to look into a new vehicle for her to use as her daily driver for peace of mind with her job. So here I am, hoping to time it right to get a diesel powered JT off the lot and then snag a JL or JLU as soon as it's paid for. Wish me luck :fingerscrossed:

OP
OP
RobNY

RobNY

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 TJ
Welcome @JeepinGeorge. Sounds like Wranglers run in your blood :)

You're definitely not alone in wishing for a diesel JT pickup! What if no diesel JT comes, would you still get it with the V6 or Hurricane engine?

Glad you could join us and here's to you adding both a JL/JLU and JT to the collection. :beer:

Sponsored

JeepinGeorge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome @JeepinGeorge. Sounds like Wranglers run in your blood :)

You're definitely not alone in wishing for a diesel JT pickup! What if no diesel JT comes, would you still get it with the V6 or Hurricane engine?

Glad you could join us and here's to you adding both a JL/JLU and JT to the collection. :beer:

If they don't put the diesel into the pickup, I'd go for the Pentastar.
By the way, what lift height and tire size is on that TJ in your profile pic?

Hickoryhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Kia Optima Turbo
Hi all, my name is Bob and I am from Dallas TX. I have been a huge fan of the wrangler and the CJ before that however i have never owned one. I have been looking forward to getting a wrangler for many years now and finally have the stack of cash high enough to justify spending the dough, and then I heard about the 2018 and am trying to decide whether or not to go with the JK or the JL.

The new JL renderings have all but made my decision for me, I love the new look and can't wait to pull the trigger in 2018. Looking for a 2 door with a soft top and a 6 speed manual and I cant wait!

Glad I found this community, I have been able to learn a bunch about the new vehicle and this seems to be the place to go for new info.

itsphil

First Name
philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 honda accord 2015 jeep renegade
Hi everyone!
Been following this site for a while now and decided to join.
Cant wait for the 2018 wrangler. Will be purchasing one asap.

Adjo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram
Hello everyone,
New member here. Looking forward to learning more about the JL and hopefully purchasing one next spring!
I've owned many Jeeps and wheeled them all hard!
1986 CJ-7
1999 TJ
2012 JKU
2013 JK sport
2015 JKU
I'm currently "Jeepless" and it's driving me nuts!
Lol

Adjo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram
Hi all, my name is Bob and I am from Dallas TX. I have been a huge fan of the wrangler and the CJ before that however i have never owned one. I have been looking forward to getting a wrangler for many years now and finally have the stack of cash high enough to justify spending the dough, and then I heard about the 2018 and am trying to decide whether or not to go with the JK or the JL.

The new JL renderings have all but made my decision for me, I love the new look and can't wait to pull the trigger in 2018. Looking for a 2 door with a soft top and a 6 speed manual and I cant wait!

Glad I found this community, I have been able to learn a bunch about the new vehicle and this seems to be the place to go for new info.
I'm with you Bob...... if the JL looks like the recent pics... I'm all in!
Terry
Sponsored