Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Hard Top, Granite), 2013 Wrangler JK Sahara (Soft Top, Commando Green)
Vehicle Showcase
48F06248-E554-4256-A849-2E76052E2EF1.jpeg
Got our first Wrangler in 2010, an ‘08 Sahara JKU. It was my daily driver and I did too much to it. Bigger tires, Gobi rack, and 3” lift, and more. Was getting about 13.5 MPG. Traded it in with plans to get one again. We now have an unmodified JK, 2013 soft top, my wife’s, and I’ve ordered a JLUR that I will l have for our second car that I will not be modifying. Would like to keep a decent MPG intact.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: JAY

jloyva

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Wrangler JL Sport S, Victory Touring Cruiser, Kia Sorento
Occupation
Project Manaager
Been lurking for a while, finally joined. Had a CJ7 back in the early 90s and been wanting another one (or a Wrangler) ever since I sold that. Finally in a financial position to purchase, but will most likely wait until spring or summer. I was just about to get a JK but decided to wait for the JL reveal. Very glad I did as the JL has a lot of little upgrades. Of course when they officially release the pricing and with potential discounts on JKs that could chage.

MockBarbecue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeeps
Shane checking in. I've had an '83 and '84 CJ7, '98 and '00 TJ and recently just sold my '14 JKUR. My '14 was my not only my DD but also our traveling vehicle often making 5-10 hour trips. I put on a 2.5" teraflex coil lift with 315-70-17 goodyear duratracs. I also had Rancho 9000xl shocks. I'd take it on trails 4-5 times a year and LOVED it! But as my DD and travel vehicle, I just got tired of the ride. I'm sure it has to do with the fact that I'm 46 and like to be more comfortable. I'm hoping that if I don't have to lift the JLU Rubicon, and with supposed better on-road manners, I can get back into one! What helps is my wife bought a new Nissan Maxima and we can use that for road trips if need be. Do people think this will be a little smoother on the road, where I spend 99% of my time?
Road manners should be very improved through minor track & wheelbase increases, revised suspension geometry and and all new steering setup including electro-hydraulic power steering.

The auto journalists driving reviews should be coming out next week too, so keep an eye out for those.

TsundereKaho

First Name
Kaho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 YJ, 12 JK Rubicon
how was the AiRock lift like? Would you do it again on the JL?
It was actually pretty nice for the whole week that I had it. I never got the chance to test it out off road but on road was great. It had a pretty cool feature that you could set so it automatically lower and raise to make getting in and out easier. Which was nice with the 6 inch lift.

I would do it again if it wasn't so expensive.

d0wnShifT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon... soon
Old JK owner checking in, waiting for the new JL's to hit the dealers. Sold this guy several years ago and have wanted a new one ever since. This time i'll be picking up the Unlimited.... more room for the fam.

JerU3Q0.jpg

Sponsored

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
Good evening Jeepers. Just joined up. Looking looking forward to the new JLU. Here's what I drive currently. 2008 JKU Brutus.

IMG_3253.JPG

UN1263

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible, 2016 F150 Limited
I've been lurking for awhile and decided to register. In the past, I bought new a YJ, TJ and a JK and I'm potentially looking to buy my wife JLU Sahara next summer or fall. I like the updates they've done over the JK, and she loves the idea of power top.

KirkG

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon!
Hello all!
Name is Kirk have owned 2 JKU's in the past and now am at the point my wife and I really miss the Jeep and plan on getting a JLUR in the next year or so!
Thanks for the forum and all the knowledge!

Waffles

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Jeep...
Hey all, Jeremy checking in. Truth be told I've never owned a Jeep, but I am liking this new JL! Living in SoCal I've been getting the off-road itch that I need to scratch, so I've been exploring my options as to what vehicle I'd like to get into! I think the JL looks great, and the EcoDiesel has my attention. If only they were going to offer it in the 2-Door...

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
Greetings!

I've been checking up on this site since about the time it started. Figured it was time to join and start frequenting the forums. Getting excited at the thought of diving back into the Jeep scene someday in the future. Last Jeep was a '16 Rubicon, and plenty of others before that. No doubt a JL or Scrambler Rubicon will be a future purchase of mine. I'm highly impressed from what I've seen so far!

Sponsored

Grunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, Triumph T100
Hey, Guys!

Been lurking around here at least 8 months but finally got around to signing up. Sold the JK and now I'm looking at getting the JL. I've always been a 2-door guy myself, so I suppose I'm going to have to wait it out for a few more months.

Last edited:
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 VW Jetta
Occupation
Leak Detective
Hello all!

I too have been lurking on the forum for about a month soaking up any information I can get on the new JL. I used to own a 2000 TJ Sport, and have missed it since the day I traded it in about 6 years ago. Now, I am somewhat obsessed with the redesign/updates and cannot wait to order a new one, but most likely will not be able to until June. (I am in a niche part of the swimming pool/spa industry, so can't save a down payment till the season gets going again.)

The plan so far is an Ocean Blue JLUR loaded, and then at least a 2" lift and 35's (but I am waiting to see what others do with theirs before I commit).

This forum has proven to be just full of information and experience, so it has been very enjoyable to read through and soak it all up. I look forward to talking with you all and learning all that I can. It is also a nice break from my duties as a Moderator of a decent sized political forum, where everyone is always at each other's throats, lol.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zj
I have been lurking a lot but thought I would check in finally. Tennessee is where I am from and PA is what I do. I have a 2017 JKU sport. Only option I got on it was air conditioning. At the time I thought that was all I wanted. I was wrong! Power windows and locks will be a necessity when I upgrade to my JL. I waiting for the 3.0 though so it looks like another year of rolling my windows up and down and unlocking my doors with a key.

EnglishDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Ford Fiesta
New guy here, checking-in. Hi everyone! Currently a Ford owner, but seriously considering my first JLU purchase - a Sahara with the 2.0 Turbo engine, auto, Sky power top, etc.

Jern26

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, Willys CJ5
Justin from PA here, plan on getting a 2 door rubicon this summer. A little background, I'm an industrial maintenance electrician/mechanic, 24 years old, and I got into the Jeep world in high school with a 1955 CJ5, and something stuck ever since. In '15 I bought my first new wrangler, a 2 door JK sport, and built it to my liking (2.5 lift, 35s, bumpers, winch, sliders, etc.) Wheeled it every weekend and after a couple years thought I might like more room to haul stuff, so I made the worst mistake and traded ol' superjeep on a new Tacoma. After 6 months of this Tacoma I realize I seriously miss the jeep. I miss the short wheelbase, approach/departure angles, capability, visibility from the drivers seat, wind in my hair, harsh ride, hearing my m/t's hum on the road, and the ENDLESS aftermarket - so the trucks gotta go. I'm not ready to be this civilized yet haha. But at least this time I'm in a better financial situation and can finally get what I wanted all along - a Rubicon! It was a dream until the JL specs were released, what with stronger axles and the ability to run 35s stock on no lift - I was sold haha
Sponsored