Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

homebrwd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Jetta (JL in the Plans)
Been on here for a little bit now, posting and lurking. Not a JL owner yet but will be in the coming years. Just want to keep up with the trends.

I have owned a lot of vehicles including 3 Jeeps. Sold the first (2010 JKUR) like an idiot when gas prices shot up in 2012. Boughtt a TJ has a second vehicle a few years later, sold that when financially 2 vehicles didn't make sense and my dad moved so I lost my garage to work on it. Then onto the 2016 Willys Wheeler, bought this with a soft top and half doors. Loved that Jeep, then had first kid. Half doors are way too loud for a infant. I kick myself all the time for not just going with a hard top and doors then sourcing the half doors later so that got sold. Rocking a Jetta right now that I got brand new for a great price so until that is paid off yearning for a JL is all I can do. Thanks to the owners here posting pictures to keep me focused lol. Hoping to get into a pretty loaded JLUR in the next year or two.

5711201455_7a00b0cd75_o.jpg

8928951732_aaa9029b4a_o.jpg

IMG_20160603_171639.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

DanPop

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Unlimited Sport S
Hi all, drove off the today with a 2018 JL Unlimited Sport S, Firecracker Red. First Jeep ever, love it after 40 miles.

bizzle2005

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Sport S, 2005 Honda Shadow 750
Hello, my name is Albin. I just recently bought a jeep JL after a 2011 BMW 550i. Looking forward to meeting you all and enjoying my jeep.

Masala

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara - Mojito!
Occupation
CCP
Hi Aaron, I too have just joined the forum, but I wanted to welcome you. Nice looking Jeep! I do believe there is something a little special about something when we want it for a length of time, work towards it, and finally get it. I hope you have lots of fun with it!
Thank you very much! It’s been a great first month of ownership... Many, many happy miles and smiles ahead, I can tell!

Masala

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara - Mojito!
Occupation
CCP
Hey Jeepers-
I'm a new/old member.
Last week we upgraded my wife's '12 JKU to a JLU Rubicon and can't believe how awesome it is.
staceytoledo-crop.jpeg
Absolutely *stunning* looking JLU! Congrats, and welcome!

Sponsored

Scuba Camper

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Hello Wrangler people.

Just wanted to say hello. I'm new around here and have owned 3 Jeeps in my lifetime but sadly none were named Wrangler. An '85 Cherokee Sport (manual transmission), a '95 Cherokee Sport (auto transmission) and most recently a '16 Cherokee Sport. I've had friends with Wranglers and was intrigued but never bitten by the bug. Well, the new JLs rekindled my interest though I'm still a little shocked by their cost. For me all it took was a recent trip to Denver and a rental '18 JKU. Now, I am obsessed with acquiring a JLU of my own. That rental was not like the Wranglers I remember from the '80s. Drove like a champ, great legroom and headroom for a big guy such as myself and the utility of the vehicle in general had me thinking of a thousand reasons it fit my needs better than the Cherokee (which I really do like). Incredible that I hadn't seen it sooner but actually driving one for the day made me realize what I've been missing and that was a plain jane rental. I'm imagining what it will be like with a Wrangler optioned out to my needs.

Now, I'm on the hunt. I've got to work through the math of trading in the '16 Cherokee while still owing more than what I'm sure I'll get on the trade but I will figure it out. This forum has been great for researching all there is to know about the JLs and though I felt a little self-conscious about joining before owning (is it lame to post a pic of my rental?) I'm glad I did. Hopefully, soon I can introduce you all to my Wrangler.

If anyone has advice for purchasing a new Wrangler JLU in the Milwaukee area please send it along.

Cheers!

Rob from Milwaukee

40smtng

First Name
Marge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR (on order)
Hello from Long Island. Ordered my first Jeep last week, a Sting Gray 4dr Rubicon. Dealer had said 6-10 weeks. What is usually the average time to get von and vin numbers assigned?
hello from a former Long Islander (now North Carolina). We ordered our Sting Gray JLUR on 3/17 and had a vin/com in less than a week. Jeep arrived at the dealership early May.

Mikeb16

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
1AA666D1-9813-4997-97F3-27DA2B3B4601.jpeg
538C6B8F-3BBE-4320-A961-8CFB5A66E127.jpeg
C0964390-ECF5-464E-8F9D-7BF2BEDB126B.jpeg
6101DA1E-6B85-4EAE-8834-818519F9CBBA.jpeg
Hey everyone! Purchased my 2018 JL Unlimited Sport last week. Traded in my 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk and don’t miss it one bit. I saw this Firecracker red Jeep on the corner at my local dealership for a week and had to swing in. Let me say they made me an offer I could not refuse. This Jeep was part of their build for the Myrtle Beach Jeep Jam in April. Farm Boy Kustoms put together this beauty. Rough Country 2.5” lift, RC stubby front bumper with black LEDs, RC 30” hood mount LED, RC lower windshield cube LEDs, RC 2.2 steering stabilizer, RC rear tire carrier. Fuel 20x9 hardline wheels and Fuel 35x12.5r20 Gripper MT tires. Happy to be part of the forum.
See that JL around Myrtle beach all the time! Looks good!

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
Finally went ahead and joined JL Wrangler Forums. I haven't bought one yet, but I hope, if all goes according to plans, to buy/order a JLUR in the spring (March-May 2019). Been doing a lot of research as I could technically buy whatever I want for around $75,000 or less. The Jeep definitely fits my needs the best.

I still have some questions that I will post up in the correct sections. But, I look forward to being a Jeep owner next year.

Sponsored

Nomad

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Everybody. Every time I've been in the market for a new vehicle, Jeep has been on my short list, but there was always a reason why I needed another vehicle more. Usually that was a bigger truck for work reasons. Finally I no longer need a bigger truck and I can take the plunge. Punk'n Orange Sport S on order!

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve owned my 2018 Ocean Blue Sport S for about a month now and finally joined the forum! This is my first Jeep ever and I’ve fallen in love with it. I’m planning on keeping this one fairly stock and trading it for a better one in a few years. The weather here in Tyler, Tx has been a little hit and miss lately so I haven’t had much opportunity to take the doors and top off, but I’m looking forward to better weather!

D8741211-17C0-44F9-BB0E-183E1CE722B7.jpeg

jeepnewbie

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLU Wrangler Sport S, 08' Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
GE Aviation
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone,
I'm Brian from Raleigh, NC. We purchased our first ever Jeep 3 weeks ago. 2018 JLU Sport S. It's pretty loaded for a Sport model. Has the tow pkg, Alpine system with 7" screen, blind spot, heated seats/steering wheel etc. Way more options than we initially wanted but I'm loving the Jeep more and more everyday. I can't stop looking at upgrades and mods I wanna do.

I'm really enjoying the forum and all of the great information on here!

Ac91

First Name
Azem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport
Hey everyone, been lurking for a few weeks finally got my 18 JLU sport base. So far I love it this is my first Jeep ever so it's definitely interesting least to say. I'm from midlothain, tx south of dfw.

Watchthis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
I found this informative website when searching for Jl info . I ordered our Jl Rubicon on 7/20 and we have the VIN and D status. Thanks to all that provide the great info on here.
Sponsored