Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

myerides

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Operations Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Hello form Greenfield, Indiana. I have been in the auto sales industry for almost 3 years. I took a management position at a CDJR dealership about 3 months ago and took delivery of my Wrangler Unlimited Sport S two weeks ago. So far I absolutely love it and have already made a few very small mods. I can't wait to personalize it and make tons of memories with my family in it.

Photo Jun 28, 3 55 40 PM_preview.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

tscribe

First Name
toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler unlimited jl
Hi all. I'm a new 2018 JL Sahara owner and i'm loving it! I had my 2009 4dr JK for 9 years and I was reluctant to part with it. It ran without issue for 5 years (not counting the serious "jeep shakes" that started around year 4 or so but that was fixed around year 8 with a new steering damper).

Full medical report:

rear brake pads just escaped rotar damage ~ year 2
rear brake pads replaced year 4 or so and all 4 tires replaced around year 6
Jeep shakes repair ~ year 4--they thought it was the tie rods so got those replaced---it wasn't
Jeep shakes repair ~ year 4.5 and they thought it was the tie rod ends or maybe ball joints so got ends replaced--- it wasn't
Ball joint repair suggested at 186,000 miles--left it undone at trade-in
Went back and forth for "jeep shake" issues for next 3 years--finally fixed with a steering damper (total jeep shake cost was around $3,000)
Got two dogs year 8 and they chewed out all three rear seatbelts and the conduit and wire for the back window defrost--got all that replaced
They chewed out the new seatbelts and I said screw it...they were still chewed out at trade-in.
The passenger rear view mirror literally rotted off and fell onto the road and you could see salt erosion underneath---got that replaced
The back door lock on the passenger side broke & the same door fused at joints and couldn't be opened--fixed the lock not the door
The heat block broke and leaked radiator fluid into the passenger seat floor--got that fixed
The blend door broke on the ac/heat vent so couldn't turn the knob to adjust heat--got that fixed (could have done this myself but didn't want to cut into the dash and didn't see any other way to fix it)
Went through 3 windshields over 9 years--not bad
On the way to pick up the new JL a rock hit the windshield of the JK and cracked it--they didn't seem to care and still gave me the agreed trade-in
Tires rotated so often that I went through two sets of wheel locks but the dealer gave them to me for free
At year 3 (2012) The ceiling of a parking garage collapsed onto the jeep so it had damage to the front driver side fender and hood--the garage owner fixed that
The transmission blew out (twice) once at around 90,000 miles on the way out of my driveway and again around at 120,000 miles or so but it happened 5 minutes from the dealership so I got lucky!
At the 5 year mark I went in for the powertrain warranty checkup....around 1,000 worth of fixes needed for things "not covered"
The brake light started coming on around 100,000 miles and has literally never gone off but the brakes checked out ok so it's a computer glitch.
I've had around 5 or so recalls fixed.

I attribute alot of this to the harsh new england winters and the fact we used the jeep to clear snow with one of those clip on plows which I hate!

I promised the new JL I would treat it alot better than the JK. But still the JK was great even at trade in and still looked quite awesome! lol

JEEP FOREVER!!! :)

Thats my story. love you all!

Jeep JK.jpg

Jeep JL.jpg

tscribe

First Name
toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler unlimited jl
Hello form Greenfield, Indiana. I have been in the auto sales industry for almost 3 years. I took a management position at a CDJR dealership about 3 months ago and took delivery of my Wrangler Unlimited Sport S two weeks ago. So far I absolutely love it and have already made a few very small mods. I can't wait to personalize it and make tons of memories with my family in it.

Photo Jun 28, 3 55 40 PM_preview.jpeg
She's beautiful! :)

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Going to pick up the new JLU Rubicon tomorrow. Black on Black with just about every option I think...

HuskyJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Hello from East Tennessee, first time Jeep owner here. So excited about it! I got my Sahara earlier this month, and just put on the RC budget boost yesterday, and got my wheels and tires on today! Love the forum, looking forward to more knowledge (and more parts).
IMG_20180629_123849.jpg

Sponsored

AucturitasJones

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Business Management
Vehicle Showcase
Hi All, my name's Jason, I'm from Minnesota. I currently drive a 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk stock, previously owned an 84 Xj- A 2 door pioneer. Had a 4 inch lift and big fat 35s on it, and an iron lung 2.5l with a 5 manual
it was slow but it could go everywhere. I took the Trailhawk to California via Moab in 2017 where a cool JK guy let me pilot his rig for a short Sprint. I loved it. But I was only a year into my Trailhawk so I couldn't update yet. Fast forward to a month ago, I got a recall for the brakes on my Jeep, brought it in, they discovered a second issue under warranty with the calipers and brake hydraulic lines and they gave me a Wrangler UL JL for a loaner for a few days. Holy cow. Now I'm looking and planning on upgrading. I'm picky and will probably order exactly what I want and this place looks like a great community to learn from others experience. I'll try to share what I learn too when the time is right. Thanks for letting me in peeps. ::JeepWave::

ansmail06

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2017 JKU
Hello, my name is Ashley from Northeast Ohio and I am a new owner of a 2018 JLU Rubicon. We also currently have a 2017 JKU sport. So far I am loving the JL with the changes they have made compared to the JK. We previously had a 2012 JKU sport as well. I can't wait to take it out on the trails to see how well it handles.

IMG_2109.JPG

scotte992

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Scott from Painted Post, N.Y.
Loving my new JL so far! Also have a 2011 RHD JKU that i use to deliver mail

IMG_1189.jpg

1800221_10202568964654749_6888030631046421264_n.jpg

Wingman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon in Mojito; 2017 Orange Blast Metallic Chevy SS
Occupation
Architect
New to the JEEP family. Picked up our Unlimited Mojito Rubicon last Friday, Drove from NJ to Michigan to pick it up. Made the deal entirely on Facebook messenger after salesman posted it on a JL owners site. Easiest deal I ever made. We were not sold on the Painted top, but really wanted Mojito and we have a beach trip coming up next week. Th extra expanse of Green is growing on us
even go tot visit the Toledo plant to take a pic. Thousands of JLs stored out back, only saw 3 Mojitos!
FB_IMG_1530287927798.jpg
MVIMG_20180701_203557.jpg
MVIMG_20180701_185336.jpg
IMG_20180701_185257.jpg
IMG_20180630_204216.jpg
IMG_20180630_173517.jpg
IMG_20180629_180220.jpg
IMG_20180629_175558.jpg
MVIMG_20180629_175525.jpg
IMG_20180629_152905.jpg
IMG_20180629_152136.jpg
IMG_20180629_152118.jpg
IMG_20180629_152038.jpg
IMG_20180629_152025.jpg
IMG_20180629_112502.jpg

Sponsored

MOS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLUW 2.0T (Hella Yella), ‘23 JLW 2.0T (Sarge)
Hey y’all... new member here, posting for the first time from beautiful Greensboro, NC.

Been a truck guy mostly over the years, with a couple of SUVs thrown in (4Runner, Grand Cherokee) but after getting burned for the second time by my third Tacoma Off-Road (crazy-bad driveline issues) I just placed an order for an ‘18 JL Rubicon.

Love the smaller size and classic shape of the 2-door, and we’re a year away from the younger daughter heading off to college, so just need room for the wife, dogs and sufficient camping gear to support a trip to the mountains. Oh, and a hardtop for moving kayaks... and lockers for the occasional tough trail... ARBs on my 4Runner & OEM on my trucks have all been more than sufficient for our purposes to date.

Drove a few Sports and found them okay rides for a truck... little rough around the edges compared to modern SUVs like the 4Runner, and with a too-light clutch for my personal tastes, but overall better than good enough. Liked the way the JL handled better than the JLU, at least for city driving.

Went with a 6MT Firecracker Red build including steel bumpers, hitch, LEDs, cold-weather kit (chilly in the mountains sometimes), body colored fenders, black hardtop w/ headliner and all-weather mats... may call in to add the upgraded sound system too.

Now begins the wait... I figure I got the order in shortly before the ‘19 MY cut-off, so assuming I actually get it eventually I hope to have 1 of what, maybe 1,500 first-year JL Rubicons built? Should be a classic, if I keep it long enough!

Anyway, thanks to all for making this site so useful... it’s a fantastic resource and I have been grateful to have access to all your combined knowledge.

MOS

Ellbee

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Granite, 2004 Jeep Unlimited LJ Black
Hey all. Name is LB. I have a 04 LJ with 170k and a new JLU Sahara with 1000 miles. Retired Gas and Steam Turbine Tech. Live South Of Houston Texas. Like spending time at beach and traveling. Really enjoy this forum. See ya around.

Gilroy

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Chip from WA State. This is my second Wrangler, previously had a 2015 JKU Sport S. The dealer made me an offer I couldn't refuse to trade it in if I bought off the lot so here I am with a 2018 JLU Rubicon. Sadly my wife picked the color and I didn't get the bumpers or the LED lights but everything else is exactly what I would have wanted if I had ordered it from the factory.

XTrooper

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Retired in the mountains of Northeastern PA
Website
xtrooper.net
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Occupation
Retired New Jersey State Trooper
Vehicle Showcase
Hello, everyone! I'm a new forum member and this is my first post. I purchased my first ever Jeep two weeks ago today! Now I purchased my first vehicle in 1971 shortly after I got out of the Marine Corps and my first new vehicle in 1975, but in all that time I never owned a Jeep till now, although I always admired them. I have to say that I shouldn't have waited so damn long to do it! My wife and I love it and my four-year-old grandson is absolutely ecstatic about it! I'm glad I got it.
Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say that I'm glad to be aboard! I'm looking forward to learning about the Jeep and interacting with other forum members.

jeep_wrangler_1.jpg

Last edited:

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Hello, everyone! I'm a new forum member and this is my first post. I purchased my first ever Jeep two weeks ago today! Now I purchased my first vehicle in 1971 shortly after I got out of the Marine Corps and my first new vehicle in 1975, but in all that time I never owned a Jeep till now, although I always admired them. I have to say that I shouldn't have waited so damn long to do it! My wife and I love it and my four-year-old grandson is absolutely ecstatic about it! I'm glad I got it.
Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say that I'm glad to be aboard! I'm looking forward to learning about the Jeep and interacting with other forum members.
Welcome and awesome choice of color.
Sponsored