Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

AUjeepgirl23

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Rubicon JLU 2.0 Turbo
Hello everyone. New member here from Jax, FL. I currently have a 2015 Sahara JKU. I love it, but I have to say I'm really curious about the JL. I'm thinking of maybe trading in for a new Rubi. It will be my daily driver so I'm not sure if I should stick with a Sahara. I won't ever do major rock crawling, just light trails and beaches, but I really love the look of the Rubicon. My JKU is white, so I'll either stick with white or check out the Punkn. My favorite orange was the Sunset Orange from 2015. If Punkn is similar, it will be hard not to get it.

If anyone has any input on a Rubi as a daily driver, please let me know! :)
Sponsored

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

Hola - new guy here - picking up me JL Sort S this week. This is my 4th Wrangler - websites like this have been invaluable as I mod away - I have a Jk Unlimited for swrious rock crawling - this one will be my daily driver

Grimm_E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Hello everyone. New member here from Jax, FL. I currently have a 2015 Sahara JKU. I love it, but I have to say I'm really curious about the JL. I'm thinking of maybe trading in for a new Rubi. It will be my daily driver so I'm not sure if I should stick with a Sahara. I won't ever do major rock crawling, just light trails and beaches, but I really love the look of the Rubicon. My JKU is white, so I'll either stick with white or check out the Punkn. My favorite orange was the Sunset Orange from 2015. If Punkn is similar, it will be hard not to get it.

If anyone has any input on a Rubi as a daily driver, please let me know! :)
I drive my JLU Rubi to work daily (20 miles) and I love it. If your are in Highway traffic (and go at a reasonable speed), you can get 17-21 MPG. City is not as good (more like 15-17 MPG). I really like the safety package to make commute less stressful.

You could wait for the Turbo, or the Diesel, but if that is what you are thinking of doing, do not go and test drive the current JL unless you have enormous willpower, because you will want to get it now.

Heck, I did not even test drive my JLUR. The dealer had it coming to the lot and I reserved it and picked it up the morning after it came in to the dealer. I took a gamble and won. If you like Jeeps you will love the JLU Rubicon.

I hope this helps.:like:

taysdad

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe (ordered), 2017 GX460
Michael checking in. I recently ordered my first Wrangler - 2018 Rubicon JL - firecracker red. It will be a shared vehicle with my wife and myself (and sometimes my 21 yo daughter). Always wanted one of these, but I am now (finally) in the position to make it happen. I am an active member of the "club lexus" forum. I have a lot to learn so I plan on doing a lot of reading and a bit of posting too.

Grimm_E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Michael checking in. I recently ordered my first Wrangler - 2018 Rubicon JL - firecracker red. It will be a shared vehicle with my wife and myself (and sometimes my 21 yo daughter). Always wanted one of these, but I am now (finally) in the position to make it happen. I am an active member of the "club lexus" forum. I have a lot to learn so I plan on doing a lot of reading and a bit of posting too.
Welcome to the group. :like: You will likely find the answer to any and all of your questions here. There are tons of knowledgeable folks here. :jk:

Sponsored

Truax

First Name
Brennen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
My name is Brennen, I live in Phoenix AZ and i just for a new JLUR. This is my fifth Wrangler (the pictures are in order of ownership) and I can't wait to start building it. I had a jkr and loved it, but I found out I have a baby on the way so I thought why not get a new JL. IMG_0090.JPG IMG_0089.JPG IMG_0047.JPG 20171220_190604.jpg 20180603_065825.jpg

MN-Clay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chev Silverado; 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hello, my name is Clay. I've been lurking for a couple of weeks before signing up. I've owned a GC a while back and will be getting the JLU with the diesel (I think - some comments I've seen here has me examining that). Currently in South Korea but heading home (MN) in 2019.

I'm thinking about ordering through MAS (Military Auto Source) and delivering it home. If anybody has used them before, is it worth it or should I wait to get back to the US?

Uconnectisnttrash

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4 series (Lurking for a JL to replace it)
hey buddddiies. Ray here from NJ. Think this forum is absolutely awesome and I can't believe how many people already have hooked up, sick looking JL models... ALREADY!

I just recently got into the off-roading and trail scene. Hoping to get rid of my current daily and end the lease a bit early to go Wrangler. Best to all of you guys modding and picking up new JL's

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
Hello, all. The dealer has my $500 and an order for my Billet Silver 2-door Rubicon 3.6L auto will be placed tonight or Monday. To say I am excited is the biggest understatement of all time!

rob28

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2dr Willys. 2021.
Hello - another newbie here.
The order has been placed today for our first Wrangler, a JL Sport S, manual with the 3.6L and plenty of options.
The wife has never had a vehicle she's just wanted for the sake of it so this finally crosses that off her list. Now the wait begins.

Oh yeah, she got final say on the colour. Ocean blue...... I wanted Mojito but I was over-ruled.

Sponsored

Poppajeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JL Sahara/ ‘16 Z71 LTZ/ ‘96 ZJ Limited
Hey all, Brett here from out in Southern Manitoba. Wife took possession of her Granite Crystal JL Sahara this past Monday, and we are both absolutely smitten by it! The dealer had a handful of JK’s and JL’s on the lot, but the JL seemed like a no brainer. Not new to jeeps ( currently building a ‘96 ZJ trail rig), but new to Wranglers, and looking forward to learning from you all on this forum!

200139DA-749B-49A9-937C-6FBF1FEFA7DF.jpeg

D29FF60C-F351-488C-ACD8-F63BF2B06CDC.jpeg

4wrangler

First Name
Theresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Jl, and 14 Wrangler Oscar Mike
Hello - another newbie here.
The order has been placed today for our first Wrangler, a JL Sport S, manual with the 3.6L and plenty of options.
The wife has never had a vehicle she's just wanted for the sake of it so this finally crosses that off her list. Now the wait begins.

Oh yeah, she got final say on the colour. Ocean blue...... I wanted Mojito but I was over-ruled.
The blue is beautiful!! I have the Punk N Metallic, but ocean blue was my 2nd choice...

Bmore300

First Name
kahl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JKUR
New member waiting on my Sting gray JLUR- auto with premium softtop, LED, steel bumper and tow group. It is currently is on a railcar somewhere in Ohio. Love my 2007 JKUR but time to upgrade. Looking forward to the improved drivetrain.
Forum was really helpful getting deal on JL and also already have new shoes waiting.:rock:

my JK
DSC00246.jpg

GMojito

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, Mojito JLURUBI
Occupation
Home wrecker
New member. Soon to be a Jeep owner. Ordered a Mojito Rubicon last week. I’m excited, it will be my first Jeep. These forums have been a big help. Thanks

WranglerJLU84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Hey everyone! I've posted a couple times on here but haven't taken the time to properly introduce myself. I'm Nick and that handsome GSD is Sarge. We live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. This is my first Jeep and I couldn't be more in love (LONG overdue). It's a black on black JLU Sahara that came with cold weather package and unfortunately, just a hardtop. I've been keeping a close eye on the forums for soft top updates and will definitely be purchasing one at some point in the near future. I've started to dip my toe in the customization waters by adding a fuel door cover (didn't come with one), swapping out the antenna, grabbing a Dirty Dog Cargo Cover (Sarge LOVES to go swimming) and adding in new grab handles. I've ordered a JTOPS sun shade that I can't wait to install for those days I take the freedom panels off (and eventually the entire hard top). I think wheels/tires are next on the list!

I'd like to take a moment to thank everyone that contributes here as you've been a wealth of knowledge and helped me out numerous times already. I look forward to being a more active member of the community going forward.

01a.jpg
02.JPG
03.JPG
04.JPG
Sponsored