Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

JMGT25

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Hello, Robert from Atlanta. First time Jeep owner. I have a 2021 Willys. I’ve been lurking for a while getting tips on my lift, lights, tires, etc. I look forward to gaining more knowledge from you guys and hopefully make a few friends!

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! 8673CF75-94DB-4BFE-8DCF-8C65B4F43357

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! 8673CF75-94DB-4BFE-8DCF-8C65B4F43357
Looks cool with red tow hooks, where did you get those?

dr.dirty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ecodiesel Sport
Hey guys wanted to say hi. Im Scott from the SOCAL Desert. I have been building JK's for years and just recently picked up a 21 Ecodiesel for a commuter. Its a base sport but so far im loving it.
Here is my new commuter car hahaha
_nc_ohc=ymTvsFN3iyAAX-A02Xb&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.jpg

And here is a shot of her next to my JK on one tons. Ill keep the JK around for the hardcore stuff and the JL will be for exploring.

_nc_ohc=P0ZfUlU9QbAAX-4XfFM&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.jpg

THEREALJIM

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hello there! New member to the JL forum! I'm Jim and I live in Toledo Ohio, home of the Wrangler! A few months ago my Snazzberry JL Rubicon diesel finally arrived. This one is my fifth Wrangler so far. Previously I've had a 99 TJ sport, 03 TJ sport (if I remember right), 11 JKU Rubicon and a 06 LJ Rubicon. Looking forward to gaining some JL knowledge and seeing some sweet JLs on here!

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! 20190730_170937

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! 20200704_130807

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! 20210821_124034

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! 20210921_193909

Sponsored

jc1003

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara, 2019 Pacifica, 2016 CX-9, 2023 Hornet
Occupation
IT
New member....we ordered a Wrangler for my wife about 3 weeks ago. I really enjoy reading all the useful information on this forum.

Sponsored

Mjeku

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Pilot, 2021 JLUR Willys
I'm also new! Wall of text coming up, but I do have a real question for any forum members out there who have advice (2nd to last paragraph).

I'm planning on picking up a green Willys tomorrow and driving it back home to SLC area (from Phoenix...). Never planned on buying a Jeep before now. I planned to drive my Pontiac Vibe until it died (which it won't, being a Toyota). And being a tightwad decided "fun" vehicles just weren't something I'd ever bite on. But my 8 year old was diagnosed with a brain stem cancer earlier this year called diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma, or midline pontine glioma based on newer terminology. That put me into a crisis of sorts, since generally kids with that diagnosis have about 12 months on average to live. 5 years at maximum it seems.

Since the diagnosis, I've been frantically trying to use my time to make good memories while we're able. For the time being he's got no real issues, but if he starts to decline, it'll be different for sure. He said he wanted a convertible, so I, being a dad in crisis, went looking for one. Then I decided a wrangler made much more sense since it's a convertible I can take anywhere, not just streets in the summer. My kids have always oohed and ahhed at Jeeps when they see them, and I planned to buy a Bronco (since my wife was actually born in a white '86 OJ edition). But they're delayed, and well, I don't know if I have 6-12 months to wait for a "fun" vehicle. The more I waited for the Bronco, the more I started to decide that I actually like the Wrangler's looks a lot more for some reason. It's just...cool?

The hard part is that I know it's a terrible time to buy a vehicle. Looking at these forums it seems like generally people get an under MSRP pretty easily, but on ordered ones. When I talked to the dealer, it seemed like it would be 4-6 months on an order, so I went looking for an off the lot one I liked. Mostly because I legitimately don't know if my son will be around in 4-6 months. It's super scary.

I found a Green Willys unlimited (https://www.earnhardtcjd.com/api/inventory/GetStickers/?sv=MQBDADQASABKAFgARABOADYATQBXADgAMwA3ADAAMgA4AA==&make=Jeep&dealerCode=43389) that fit the bill, and the dealer had it listed for MSRP, rather than over. So I counted it lucky and put down a hold on it thinking Jeeps are selling like mad like everything else. Is it a really bad deal to just pay MSRP on a Wrangler now? It seems like that's about the best I can do without ordering given the market, and it doesn't look like it'll change any time soon? 46,000 net selling price basically, with about 1,100 in "additional plates/docs fees" and then taxes for a 51,000 total price. It seems super high, but is that just the market? Should I be trying to get any off this or anything else from them?

I'm excited, but apprehensive. I hear the Jeep community is like a club you get to join once you have one. I've experienced something similar when we used to drive a Geo Metro. But for completely opposite reasons :D That was more like the brotherhood of crappy cars.

Grimmjpr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
First of all, I'm very sorry to hear about your sons diagnosis.....I hope its on the far end of time frame for him......far far end.

To your question, anything at or below MSRP is doing ok in this market.....especially if you can find something on the lot. I took delivery of my ordered 4xe a little over a month ago, I paid MSRP. Usually its below....but Wranglers hold their value well, top spots and time is of the essence at this point....

Get it and make memories.....the few bucks possibly saved will wash away as your making memories with your family.

Enis

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
Jeff here, Owned a 96 xj, 2000 tj, 17 jku rubi, 2021 gladiator mojave, and just traded the mojave in on a 2021 jlur
Sponsored