Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

MIKEY51

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubi JL 2 dr
Occupation
Aroespace
New to the Forum... Just wanted to say hi from Northern Colorado (Windsor) I went to my first Easter Jeep Safari in 1995. Gunned on trails for years with
RR4W club. I've had quite a few builds, (5 Rubis since 2003) now I'm back to a stock 2 dr. Rubi. I hit Ouray and Moab at least once a year. Used to have a house at Wilson arch MM100 rt 191. Like a dope I sold it. Looking to get to know everyone
Sponsored

RubiBlueJLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Occupation
Structural Technician
Hey all! New to the forum.

I am upgrading from a 2001 TJ Sport, 4.0L 5-spd w/ 184500 miles, that I just sold. 5 years of driving and wheeling in it. Wife wanted a bit bigger, nicer, and quieter, I wanted more capable, so we went all in.

Ordered a new JLUR Diesel in Hydro Blue Clear Coat, on 3-27-2021. Loaded it up with all the goodies. Heard today, 4-1-21, from the dealership. VIN and VON numbers. D1 status. Estimated shipping date is 4-10-2021. PUPMED!

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
Hello everyone, I am excited to be part of this forum and pool of knowledge that I can learn from.

Just a bit about myself and my Jeeps - I am from South Africa but was born and raised in Namibia, I have been off roading 4X4 trails in South Africa for 11 years.

I currently own (According to my Jeep's build sheet) an export spec JL for the South African market. My JL is a 3.6 Rubicon 2-door with the 8-speed auto box, M210 and M220 axles (Non wide), non high raised Rubi fender flares. Rock-Track 4.0.1 transfer case with the Select-Trac 4H Auto function which means it has CVs in the front and not U-Joints, 255/75R17 BFG KM2 rubber, 8.4" infotainment system with the upgraded Alpine sound, Aux switch panel, Euro spec front and rear bumpers with front and rear park distance control.

This is my 4th Wrangler, all Auto's. I had two JK 4-doors a 2.8 Sahara and a 3.6 Rubicon. My 3rd was the JK Rubicon 3.6 2-door 10th anniversary edition and now I have the JL (Since Nov 2020).

I am not a mall crawler or Jeep showcase type and use the Jeep what it is designed for; wheelin' off road 4X4 trails just about every weekend. I have done 15 off road 4X4 trail outings this year.

What do I like most about my JLR? Two things stand out;

1. The 4H Auto Select-Track; Why? It is very efficient on unpaved dirt roads.
2. Front CVs; Why? Much better and smoother power and control off roading (Is that not why people in the US convert to RCVs?). Front CVs is not a downgrade, it is actually a huge upgrade from U-Joints (My opinion).

Happy wheelin' ya all! :)

Last edited:

Azwanderer

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th anniversary edition
Hello, all. I recently traded in a 2006 TJ sport on a sarge green 80th anniversary edition JL. I hated letting the TJ go, but it had given me 15 years of problem free driving. Until things starting wearing out faster than I could fix them. It’s a big change with the JL, but I couldn’t be happier. Hopefully I’ll get many years And good times out of this one too. 🙂

Sponsored

Micon

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimted Rubicon 4x4
Hello all, new member here from Maryland (and FL) as we are from MD but it is my son's car and he is going to school in FL. This is his graduation gift from the family. It is an expensive gift but he made it through engineering school with a high gpa. So this was our "job well done" and our gift to sending him on his way in life.

He got a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4x4 Diesel - 4-door - with most of the options. Came with a hard top so we are looking for a soft-top as well as running boards.

I am looking into finding out the top priorities for add-ons for this new vehicle.

What would be the top priorities recommended by you all?

Thanks in advance,

Micon

Tim180A

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK, 2021 JL Unlimited Sport
I just picked up my new JLU Sport. I traded a 2012 JKU Sport that I also bought new. The JL is lightyears ahead of the JK. This thing is amazing! Now, what should I upgrade first...

NewJeepWrangler.jpg

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
I just picked up my new JLU Sport. I traded a 2012 JKU Sport that I also bought new. The JL is lightyears ahead of the JK. This thing is amazing! Now, what should I upgrade first...

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! NewJeepWrangler

Howdy, fellow white Wrangler! Why'd you choose white? I'm collecting answers.

I vote for tailgate table. You can use it as a tool tray for all future upgrades.

VWillys

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Willys - Bright White
Hi,

New member checking in...just bought my third Jeep...a 2021 Willys JL in Bright White.

Here is my first one...a 1999 Wrangler Sport which I had for 16 years:

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! IMG_0632

My second one...a 2016 Sahara JKU:

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! IMG_1676.JPG

But I realized I'm a 2 door Jeep guy so I bought a soft top 2021 Willys JL and lovin' it!

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! IMG_2723

Last edited:

Tim180A

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK, 2021 JL Unlimited Sport
Howdy, fellow white Wrangler! Why'd you choose white? I'm collecting answers.

I vote for tailgate table. You can use it as a tool tray for all future upgrades.
I just like the black on white look. Simple as that. I wanted white with my JKU, but got the metallic red as it was on the lot. Since I ordered this one, I got my choice...

Sponsored

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Hi,

New member checking in...just bought my third Jeep...a 2021 Willys JL in Bright White.

Here is my first one...a 1999 Wrangler Sport which I had for 16 years:

My second one...a 2016 Sahara JKU:

But I realized I'm a 2 door Jeep guy so I bought a soft top 2021 Willys JL and lovin' it! Haven't had a chance to take a good photo yet so using a stock one for now.

View attachment 445973

Back to back new white jeeps. What was your reason for Bright White?

VWillys

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Willys - Bright White
Back to back new white jeeps. What was your reason for Bright White?
went to the dealership ready to order a Sting Gray but then saw the white on a Jeep in the lot and never looked back.

I’ve always had a liking for the color white but never pulled the trigger...plus I did the “military“ color thing with my first two Jeeps so felt the timing was right to go in this direction. Very happy with my choice.

Acf130

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
I sorta live in Florida, but travel all over the US for work and trying to slowly get my Jeep back over where it will reside (I bought very recently while on the road). But I also loved Jeeps since my my parents had a TJ they absolutely hated when I was younger. Hopefully we will run into each other on the trails soon (not literally, but you know what I mean).
Nice! I went out to Ocala a few weeks ago. Had a blast but scratched the new rig up. Trails are super tight!