Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

AMC_CJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Curious
I supposed I missed this step when signing up a couple weeks ago.

I grew up in the Detroit area, and my father worked for Jeep while it was still under the AMC umbrella, through the early Chrysler days. I came home from the hospital in a Jeep, all of our family vehicles growing up were Jeeps, the first vehicle I ever drove was a Jeep, the first vehicle I ever crashed was a Jeep. I've fixed Jeeps, crashed Jeeps, rolled Jeeps, and even been involved in a trailered sailboat meets Jeep collision that ended up with the Jeep skewered by the mast from tailgate to windshield (and tore a gash through the entire roof). Oddly enough though, I've never actually owned a Jeep of my own, but about to change all of that.

Currently looking at buying a 4xe Rubicon, though somewhat skeptical of this being the first generation of the PHEV and bouncing back and forth internally between that and one of the gas/diesel models... through some form of (likely misplaced) optimism, I keep coming back around the 4xe.

As this will be a daily driver, I'm planning a build to try to keep the electric range above 20 miles (will keep my weekday drive's all electric), while still being plenty capable of weekend fun on the nearby playgrounds here in Colorado.

Also looking to get the wife either a Grand Cherokee L or the Grand Wagoneer once those hit the market. Would also likely be looking at the PHEV models of those vehicles.

Glad to see the robust community around the vehicles... can't say there's another like it.

Volstock

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Info Sec
Greetings from Tennessee. We picked up our 2021 Sport Altitude last week. I have wanted a Wrangler since 83 when I was sent to get my military drivers license for the M151A1 Jeep with trailer. The week after we completed the class the use of the Jeep was banned by the military. It's been a long time coming but I am happy to finally have a Wrangler.

Wrangler JL Day 1.jpg

Harsten

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
I might as well start here. After several very enjoyable years in a JKU Willy's, I came across a deal I just couldn't pass up. I take possession of my 2021 JLU Sahara 80th Anniversary edition tomorrow afternoon. Going to anything else wasn't an option, it had to be another Wrangler. The difference between the two generations is substantial, and I'm looking forward to a few more creature comforts. My last Jeep took me to many spectacular places, and I'm sure this one will as well.

Rubi II

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hello, Been on for a little bit and just noticed this thread. Picked up my first ever Jeep, 2020 JLUR, back in September. I am loving it and can see how addicting it is... This forum has not disappointed as it has already help me with a brake controller issue, along with towing and off road advice. My wife and I Plan on traveling the US this summer with a trailer but mods to follow in a year or two. Thanks for having me!

C079EF5E-BFD1-45B7-A743-E3DDAC27B992.jpeg

Sponsored

dski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubi 4dr
Occupation
small business owner
Hi, I picked this '21 Sport S up Saturday. I was initially looking to go used, but I saw this Black and Tan combination on the lot and found out it really wasn't that much more expensive than what I was looking at used. I last had Jeeps over 20 years ago('94 Sahara & '98 Sahara). I am very happy with my JL so far. I intend to do some mods, but this will be my DD with maybe some light offroading thrown in. I have the 2.0 L Turbo and Automatic Transmission.
The jeep is awesome! IAFF - cool, former member here also. Philly and Flyers - tough sell. DeadWings lifelong fan.

Landlubber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
Retired Navy
Hi all Just bought my first Jeep, a 2021 JLU EcoDiesel. I bought it since my Mustang mods have deemed it a 1 season vehicle. Love the Jeep so far and I'm hoping the mods on it will not be as costly. I immediately upgraded tires to 285/70-17 Wildpeaks on the stock wheels. I have added contoured floor mats and cargo mat, door sill protectors and window tint. I am ordering bumpers from a local shop (Iron Bear Customs) and plan on a leveling kit. No lift planned at the moment as I will be using it for trips when not pulling our 5th wheel...Retired Navy so time to travel.

IMG_2334[1].JPG

Sponsored

Tejas

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JULRD
Hey guys. Was here a couple years ago with a JRUL and had the sloppy steering they couldn't fixed so I traded it for a Grand Cherokee, that had the flavor of a rice cake. I'm back, bought a 2021 JRULD yesterday. Steering is much improved.

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! tempImage0yFMVO

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! tempImageC8KCnk

Last edited:

RubyRubi

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon, 2018 Grand Cherokee
Just ordered this beauty a few days ago and can’t wait until it comes in. It’s my first wrangler since my 2011 JK and my 6th Jeep after a YJ, XJ and a couple of Grand Cherokees. Had way too much building the Rubicon in firecracker red, two door, tan soft top with manual trans. Dealerships just don’t order Wranglers like this in California. Stoked to finally be back in a Wrangler again.

3DF486EC-0C08-47DD-956E-94788C3FC65B.jpeg

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
My Dad has always driven a 2dr black Rubicon. He has always loved his jeep and soon realized that my youngest son, who has autism, really loves riding in the jeep with his grandpa with the top down. He would say, grandpa took me to get windy hair. It soothes his sensory needs and he is the most calm when he is in the jeep with my dad. Last month, we lost my dad to sudden cardiac arrest. As we have been picking up the pieces, I offered my youngest a jeep ride in my dad's jeep to which he enthusiastically agreed. My wife and I took him, top down, around town and observed a boy we have rarely seen, so calm, so relaxed, so happy. My mom had offered for me to have my dad's jeep but she needs the money, and I can do little with a 2dr with my large family. While we were riding around, my wife looked at me, and we immediately agreed that we were now going to join the Jeep family. The therapeutic value it brings for my son is invaluable and there are plenty of trails in FL to get it dirty. At the end of January I ordered a black JLUR with every package and the manual transmission (recall noted). We eagerly await the arrival of the new family jeep and the opportunity to go "bumping" (as my dad used to call it).

iamstillvince

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport s
Greetings,

I'm from Pennsylvania. I love off-roading. I enjoyed a 2016 JKU Hard Rock (lifespan 2016 - 2019, imploded at 60,050 miles). Metal cloak game changer suspension, MC boat skid, AEV wheels and bumpers, 35's STT Pro's, re-geared to 456, upgraded driveshafts, Hauk Off-Road rock sliders.

I currently drive a Jeep Renegade, as an affordable daily driver car (which is surprisingly capable for a bubble/cross over, mall crawling vehicle).

I joined for the purposes of staying informed of upcoming Jeep Wrangler developments.

I'm really hoping that the Jeep engineers are forced to listen to the hardcore customer based. I'm glad Ford is providing factory options such as marine grade vinyl seating, 35's and rubber flooring. I'm hoping Jeep adds either a package or trim with similar offerings. I don't plan on every spending 20K on parts, labor and maintenance on aftermarket parts again.

My ideal fantasy Jeep would be:

Factory Ordered:

Punkin Orange 2-Door Rubicon with 35’s or 37’s from the factory (geared accordingly), tire carrier designed sufficiently, vinyl seating, rubber floor, manual, diesel

Aftermarket
Smittybuilt XRC Gen1 Front & Rear bumper with GEN3 winch

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! 3DF486EC-0C08-47DD-956E-94788C3FC65B

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! 3DF486EC-0C08-47DD-956E-94788C3FC65B

i went the other way, renegade to wrangler. i really did like the renegade, hated the 9 speed transmission though. but not going back ;)
Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! 20210131_165223-COLLAGE

Rcarpen22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘67 CJ5, ‘20 JLU
Factory Ordered:

Punkin Orange 2-Door Rubicon with 35’s or 37’s from the factory (geared accordingly), tire carrier designed sufficiently, vinyl seating, rubber floor, manual, diesel
I would buy the crap out of this Jeep you created. I would add one thing though and that would be about a 100” to 105” wheelbase for the 2-door.
Sponsored