Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Not new here any more, but figured I'd chime in and introduce M'self. I'll start with the important stuff.

I have a '97 TJ I bought new and put all 225k + on the odometer myself in 19 years. Only new car I've ever bought. She's a sport 4.0 5 sp, with nearly every option available at the time. The only real mod is a ProComp 4" lift with Bilsteins (the ProComp socks sucked. Can you say jackhammer?). I haven't done very much wheelin' with her, other than Engineer's pass outside of Silverton Colorado, up to 13,000 ft, but she's seen lots of back country on her way to and from mountain bike trails and off grid camping. She loves motoring through snow storms in the mountain passes here in Oregon, and has seen her fair share of air time as we bomb forest roads. I absolutely love yanking the top off her and leaving it off all summer, hauling around stuffed with bikes, beer and whiskey! (Haha) She's in semi-retirement until my 16 year old boy gets is license, and gets off his ass (read that Xbox) to help get her back up to good condition (she needs some TLC in the drag link/steering area, and tires, plus we'll get her a new battery and a tune up).

I had, for a very short period of time, before Chrysler Financial took it back unceremoniously, a 2006 Liberty CRD. That little fecker got 27-29 MPG even with my lead foot going 80 mph over mountains and stuff. And power to pass like crazy, plus pulling a little trailer had very little affect on her.

My latest daily driver is a 2008 WK Laredo with the 3.0 CRD, and had only 39k a year ago when I bought it. In the year I've had it, it's been an absolute lemon. It's geared all wrong and spins at over 3k rpm on the highway, netting 19-21 on the highway at best. The power is intoxicating though and the ride quality is outstanding, so I'm still devoted to my abusive transportation partner. If I was't upside down on the loan, I'd have replaced her with a JKU by now. Also, the anemic V6 in the JK is hard to fall for after having a year with the aforementioned intoxicating power.

SO... I wait with great anticipation for the reveal of the new JLU. By the time it hits the market I'll at least be out of the hole on my current loan. One way or another I will have a JKU, maybe Rubicon, with a CRD power driver. I really want a 6 speed manual, but will accept the automatic reluctantly.

Or another thought is to buy a JKU and buy a new crate Cummins 2.8 for the swap. ;o)

https://cumminsengines.com/repower

Hmmmm, maybe a JKUR in Mango Tango... Now that would be HOT.
Sponsored

Otto

First Name
Otto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport (JK)
Rumor is yes, if not Detroit it's got to be EJS 17. I'm betting Detroit though, much bigger media coverage and spectator traffic.
EJS 2017 isn't until April. Hope the reveal is earlier than that.

But if no Detroit debut in January then I could see Jeep doing something at EJS and then the first auto show reveal at NY auto show which is a week after EJS 2017.

RockAltered

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR V6 AT & 23 Ram Limited 4x4
Occupation
Retired.
Hello, I'm an old guy but new to this forum. I've had many Jeeps, been an active member of Jeep Clubs and been a few places. I'm anxiously waiting to order a new JLU, probably going to keep it pretty stock and use it as my daily driver. I really like the new renderings and would only add a V8 to my wish list.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
No V8 but the diesel will give you all the torque you'll ever need.

Rnagade05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 XJ
I am an avid Jeep fan and had several over the last 15 years. Can't wait for this new 4door for the family!!

Sponsored

Cam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In between Wranglers right now
Hey all I'm Cam. Lurked for a while but finally signed up recently. Sold my Wrangler a while back but promised myself I'd get back into one. If it's anything like the preview renderings, I'll be one of the first in line for a JLU.

Superwinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon, Yamaha Raptor 660
Checking in. Current 2014 Rubicon X owner, which together with my trusty Yamaha Raptor 660 ATV make a fun and lethal combo.

Here to keep my eye on the Wrangler pickup which will be perfect transport for the Raptor.

Davos77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to join a new community as I'm currently selling my 2006 Wrangler Rubicon. Its served my so well but I only ever use it to off road now and I finally need a 4 door so will take a good look at the JLU and 4 door pickup.

Any other TJ owners here making a possible jump?

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Clubs

Welcome new guys. Seems like most of us are current or former Wrangler owners. Will be interesting how many of us decide to switch to JL once all its details are revealed.

Dart Maul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Xterra, 2014 Dart
I might be one of the last 2016 members so I'll be one of the OGs here in a few years :) My Xterra just recently hit 120k miles so I wanted to upgrade to something fresher and newer. Honestly I wish there was a new Xterra coming so I'd probably just stick to the brand/model but there isn't. Shopping replacements making me realize how few good new car options there are besides the Wrangler. So if the JL keeps the same formula as the JK then that'll probably my best candidate.

Happy new year fellas!

Sponsored

Chinster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I might be one of the last 2016 members so I'll be one of the OGs here in a few years :) My Xterra just recently hit 120k miles so I wanted to upgrade to something fresher and newer. Honestly I wish there was a new Xterra coming so I'd probably just stick to the brand/model but there isn't. Shopping replacements making me realize how few good new car options there are besides the Wrangler. So if the JL keeps the same formula as the JK then that'll probably my best candidate.

Happy new year fellas!
Happy New Year!!

Deleted member 9946

Hey everyone. I'm Mike. I've been a Jeep owner for about 20 years. I've owned around 20 Wranglers and CJ's. Currently I have one of the first Cj2a's built a 1945 (9/20/45) 1995 YJ, 06 TJ and my company JK.

I've been working at Jeep dealers and off road manufacturers since 1999. I currently work for a off road industry company.

Bskylerj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler, 2011 Chevy Avalanche, 2012 Hyundai Sonata
Hello. My name is Bryan and I currently own a 2003 Wrangker X. I love it but I will be updating to a JL Unlimited preferably with the diesel. Like most, I'm trying to learn and discover info on it.

Medicn8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Chevy Equinox
Occupation
USAF
Hello, my name is Nate. I had a 99 Wrangler Sport, but got rid of her when I moved to Europe. Obviously I had to get something to hang on the autobahn and went with an Audi. I lived overseas for 15 years and am now back in the Wrangler game. I'm trying my best to stay away from the dealership and hold off for the JLU. I'm hoping for an 18 Rubi HR but not holding my breath they will do the HR on the JL. I'm looking forward to reading all the updates.
Sponsored