Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

Christian72

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara 2,0 T-GDI (MY20)
Hello everyone,

Greetings from good old Germany.

I still do not own a Jeep Wrangler but it´s my intention to buy one this year.

During our last summer holidays in Italy my wife and me visited a dealer´s Jeep promotion on a street festival, just for fun.
“The next car we will buy is a such one”, she said to me after we had just entered a Jeep Wrangler. Wow.
Being always a car nerd my whole life long, I agreed.

Weeks later, back in Germany, we test drove a JL Unlimited Sahara 2.0 and felt in love with this car.

Currently, our fun cars are a Corvette C4 and a C6. Something totally different, I know.

I still struggle a little bit with the decision, if my first Jeep shall become a JLU Sahara or a JLU Rubicon.

I hope to share some useful information here.

Hello everyone,

finally, I bought a Jeep Wrangler.

You should know, that it is not so easy to get a new Jeep Wrangler in Germany that meets your expectations / configuration.

Why?

Well, the European market seems to be too small to consider the customers individual requests.
FCA defines the configurations of the cars that they ship to Europe, not the customer.

If you visit the German Jeep homepage, you could believe that YOU as the customer are able to configure a car but that is not the case.
With that "wish list" you can contact your local dealer and he checks the pool of cars in stock and if a car with the requested options is available.
If that is the case, you are lucky, if not, you have to accept that some options are missing or that some options, that you don´t want, are included.

In November 2020, I found a car that could fullfil all my option requests. I signed the contract.

The next problem was, to register the car.
You should know, that the Berlin government (the greens and the reds) has a strict "anti-car" policy.
Therefore, they do not really suport the admission offices.
It can take some weeks to get the registration for your car.
Now, I got it and I´m looking forward to drive the car.

It is a Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sahara 2,0 T-GDI with the Sky-One-Touch-Roof in Granite Crystal Metallic (manufactured in June 2020).

20201128_135052.jpg
Sponsored

north53overland

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR (incoming), 2013 Fiat 500T
Hello Everyone - just upgraded my 2018 Sting Gray Rubicon to a 2021 Billet Silver Rubicon. Added some of the options I was missing from my last one, with the most significant adding the Sky one touch power top.
Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! 20201128_135052
Happy New Year.
How are you liking the Sky One-Touch. We just ordered a White JLUR with that option. We don't get ours from the factory until April'ish.

azulwavesJL

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys JLU hydro blue
Occupation
Flight Planning Supervisor
Hello everyone,

Trey here from Katy, TX. Just officially signed up here but have been lurking around for a couple of years. Thanks so much for all of the amazing information that members have posted. So helpful.

I just ordered a 2021 Willys JLU in hydro blue. MSRP was $47, 965, dealer price was $43,207. This is my first Jeep. Have been wanting one for a long time. Configuration:

- 3.6L V6 eTorque engine
- 8-spd auto
- customer preferred package 25W
- trailer tow and HD electrical group
- alpine premium audio system
- black 3-piece hard top
- MOPAR HD rock slider w/ step assist
- technology group

Pete_the_JEEP

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Hey everybody,
We just picked up a 2021 Hellayella Willys last month. Looking forward to getting back into "Jeep things." We had a 13 JK Sahara in the past. Looking forward to towing our 1959 Shasta Airflyte camper around the country over the new few years. Wanted a Jeep again so we can explore anywhere we want.

frank-o

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 SOT, JLUR SOT, Prior JLUR Sting, 10thA JKUR
How are you liking the Sky One-Touch. We just ordered a White JLUR with that option. We don't get ours from the factory until April'ish.
Love it so far. Really looking forward to the warmer weather when it will be more useful but the convenience and looks and not having two sets of tops around are great!

Sponsored

frank-o

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats on the order... just wondering why April? I think mine took 5-6 weeks from order to arrival.

mattshotcha

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.guninteractive.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys JLU
Occupation
Lead Community Developer - Gun Interactive
Hey everyone!

I’ve wanted a Jeep for quite a long time. Going back to being a freshly licensed 17 year old, I would research and research but never got my hands on one of my own for one reason or another.

As a Carpenter, I always ended up with a Ram or similar for the work/life balance afforded. But I did own a lifted Ramcharger on 33’s that let me get my feet wet four wheeling, and even saw Paragon in that rig before it closed.

I made a career transition a while back. Got a start in video games and had a surprise baby on the way all at once. Vehicle purchases had to change all at once. It was my shot to get into that new Jeep. Started off with a Renegade as I was early in my video game career and wanted the lower payment. But damned if I didn’t research the newest Jeep all over again, wanting one for decades.

That lease ended, and I’ve had years on in my new career. I was ready to roll on a JL. Back to research!

Happy to say I landed on the 2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys (JLU) about two weeks ago. After having followed the Jeep from the first year of the TJ to now, it feels damn good to have my own in the driveway.

With that, it was time to stop lurking and join this forum, as I’ve referred to it quite a bit both in my latest research before purchase and after. So, hello!

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! 04FCA48A-62CA-4BF1-B0C0-87A265D0CD41

frank-o

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey everyone!

I’ve wanted a Jeep for quite a long time. Going back to being a freshly licensed 17 year old, I would research and research but never got my hands on one of my own for one reason or another.

As a Carpenter, I always ended up with a Ram or similar for the work/life balance afforded. But I did own a lifted Ramcharger on 33’s that let me get my feet wet four wheeling, and even saw Paragon in that rig before it closed.

I made a career transition a while back. Got a start in video games and had a surprise baby on the way all at once. Vehicle purchases had to change all at once. It was my shot to get into that new Jeep. Started off with a Renegade as I was early in my video game career and wanted the lower payment. But damned if I didn’t research the newest Jeep all over again, wanting one for decades.

That lease ended, and I’ve had years on in my new career. I was ready to roll on a JL. Back to research!

Happy to say I landed on the 2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys (JLU) about two weeks ago. After having followed the Jeep from the first year of the TJ to now, it feels damn good to have my own in the driveway.

With that, it was time to stop lurking and join this forum, as I’ve referred to it quite a bit both in my latest research before purchase and after. So, hello!

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! 04FCA48A-62CA-4BF1-B0C0-87A265D0CD41
Looks great. Congratulations!

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but am really enjoying this forum, so...

I've been a Jeep fan all my life, mostly due to the "crazy uncle" who helped raised me and always had radically modded Jeeps that he drove me around in, but I never got around to owning one. Fast forward ~50 years. Kids grown and gone, mostly retired, having Covid cabin fever, etc. I have several close friends who are avid Jeepers, we have lots of ORV parks in the state (WA), and I started thinking it would be good to have something that I could tow behind a MH. Plus, my dad just passed and wanted me to do something "cool" with the rest of my life.

Hello 2-door JLRU in Sage Green. Loving it so far. Planning a trip to the local ORV after a bumper/winch upgrade, then some MH adventures with it in tow.

I'm glad to find an online community to learn from. I probably won't post much, but thanks to all of you who share your knowledge and experience.

Sponsored

mattshotcha

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.guninteractive.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys JLU
Occupation
Lead Community Developer - Gun Interactive
I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but am really enjoying this forum, so...

I've been a Jeep fan all my life, mostly due to the "crazy uncle" who helped raised me and always had radically modded Jeeps that he drove me around in, but I never got around to owning one. Fast forward ~50 years. Kids grown and gone, mostly retired, having Covid cabin fever, etc. I have several close friends who are avid Jeepers, we have lots of ORV parks in the state (WA), and I started thinking it would be good to have something that I could tow behind a MH. Plus, my dad just passed and wanted me to do something "cool" with the rest of my life.

Hello 2-door JLRU in Sage Green. Loving it so far. Planning a trip to the local ORV after a bumper/winch upgrade, then some MH adventures with it in tow.

I'm glad to find an online community to learn from. I probably won't post much, but thanks to all of you who share your knowledge and experience.
Love that Sarge Green!

I was back and forth between that and the Granite on mine.

Turfzilla

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80th Anniversary, 2003 Tj Rubicon
LOng time JEEPER first time JL owner. I have had Xj and tj for he last 15 years. Just picked up a crystal granite 80th anniversary JLU. The wrangler has come a long way since the TJ days.

Mr. Crawly

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler 2 door sport
Hello!
I stumbled across this forum a week or so ago & enjoying the posts, pics & info. I’ve got an ‘18 JL 2-door sport which is the first vehicle I bought for myself that I didn’t consider anyone but me. (I’m a plumber so I’ve always bought trucks & panelvans.).. It’s by far my favorite vehicle I’ve ever had👍🏼 I’ve gone wheeling 30 or so times & looking forward to more trips👊🏽

A160B0D4-556E-4945-A9E9-92A27B0BCB9A.jpeg

Rcarpen22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘67 CJ5, ‘20 JLU
Hello. I am trying to get back on the trails after a long absence and have been working on my Jeep (67 CJ5) to get it operational again. I was planning on buying a 2021 Bronco (flame suit on) as a daily driver and light trail rig and using my Jeep for serious wheeling. I initially figured the Bronco would be better for daily use because of the IFS and more standard features. However, I am getting tired of the Bronco delays and started thinking about a JLU. Also, it’s taking longer to get my Jeep ready than I expected and I’m looking at a transmission rebuild and probably a complete brake system replacement, so I figured maybe I’d take advantage of the deals on new Jeeps. I don’t really need a Rubi, but might get swayed by the high awesome factor. Anyway, I dropped by here to try to learn about JLs before I really get serious about buying. It’s a really good forum and I look forward to many discussions.
Sponsored