Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

mismith

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 YJ, 2016 JKU
Hello, New to the forum. Not new to Jeeps though. I currently have my old Malibu Yellow ‘92 YJ (4.0/5spd) and a Rhino 2016 JKU (6spd) that we bought new.

Looking to trade the JKU in on a 2021 Hella Yella 2 door Rubicon. It all depends if I can get the 3.6 (Non etorque) with the Auto? Right now it looks like FCA wants to force an etorque Hybrid on us.

That won’t happen. If they stay stupid on that decision then we will be looking for a 2018-20. But looking forward to getting back to a 2 door. I just never warmed up to the JKU.

We are in NC close to Albemarle.

Michael
Sponsored

MallBrawler

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JKR, '21 JLUR, '21 Tesla MYP, '22 4XE ordered
Occupation
Jeep Caretaker
Dropping in to say Hello! Here's my '19 GC JLUSS which I am about to trade in for a custom order '21 JLUR. Long story short, I picked up my first Wrangler ('18 JKR) two years ago, ended up with two '19 JLU's last year, and this month both will be sold for a '21.

The most interesting thing about having a Jeep is that, it doesn't matter if its 4th of july or labor day weekend, the crowds will always stick to pavement... Where we can go, its never crowded! It has been a fun and interesting journey and looking forward to whats to come!

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! 2020-08-23 18.02.20@0.1x

PALIDN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2009 Chevy Corvette
Hello folks, Joe here. On my second Jeep, first was a JKU 2012 bought new in 2012. Now have a JLU Sport S, a 2019 purchased new in June 2020.
Not much of a off road guy, just a big fan of Jeeps. Looks like a lot of information to be had here.

BanditXXX

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon 2.0
Greeting from Germany. I always loved Jeeps although it is not always easy to love Jeeps, when you live in Germany (as everything is far more expensive than in the US - especially parts). When I bought my first Jeeps, there haven't been any official dealers here. About 32 years ago I got my first CJ-7. Then there was a red YJ, then a black YJ, then a Grand Cherokee V8, a JKU and now the JLUR. The JKU in the front of the second picture is going to be sold, although i still love it...

The parts on the Rubicon are quite different here in the EU. I already had to switch the front bumper and tires. Now there is still missing the high top fender flares (on the way) and probably the way nicer US Rubicon Hood (which has to be imported from the US).

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! JLUR1
Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! JLUR2

Last edited:

Wandering_Cascadian

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe; 1976 GMC High Sierra 1500
Hey all! I've been reading the forums for a few months now and finally decided I should actually join. Been daily driving the WJ for about 6 years now and figure at nearly 300k miles it's time to look for a new rig.

Currently waiting on the PHEV reveal before doing a custom order Rubicon Unlimited. I'm single with no family as of yet, but after so long with the WJ I don't think I'm ready to give up the cargo space. :CWL:

Sponsored

Left Field

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 RS-SS Camaro, 2021 JLUR392
Hi,
Pretty new to the forum, but have really appreciated the excellent information and the friendly helpful culture here. My on and off road vehicle has been a surprisingly reliable but well used V8 ZJ for years, but figuring it is time to look for something new. Very few options out there that have solid axles, modest dimensions, decent power (camper towing), and are viable for both on and off road use. Cross-hairs are on a '21 JLURD, which seems to check all the boxes reasonably well. i recall the first scratches and scrapes being a bit painful, but have to remember that rough terrain is the reason it was purchased! Looking forward to the purchase process and spending a lot more time both off the road and on the forum!

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
New to the forum and just picked up my Firecracker Red JL 2.0 yesterday. Been away from Jeeps since I sold my 98 TJ several years ago. Absolutely blown away with the features, performance and fuel economy of the new Jeep

ObtuseMeatball

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Soft Top Firecracker Red
Occupation
IT Nerd
New to the forum and just picked up my Firecracker Red JL 2.0 yesterday. Been away from Jeeps since I sold my 98 TJ several years ago. Absolutely blown away with the features, performance and fuel economy of the new Jeep
Welcome to the Firecracker Club! I wasn’t sold on the color at first until I saw it in person. It’s a gorgeous Jeep in that color. I also have a 2.0 and have been extremely happy with the fuel economy, performance, towing... you name it. Congrats!

Sponsored

Jared1956

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 1964 CJ3B 1967 CJ5
Hey all,

Lifelong Jeeper with a 21 JL Rubicon 2 door, 6spd on order. Also currently own a CJ3B and a CJ5. Have owned 3 TJ’s, 2 JK’s and a half dozen flat fenders. Got married in a Jeep, honeymooned in Ouray in a Jeep, and have around 500,000 miles in an open top Jeep total. First vehicle I ever steered on my dads lap was a CJ5 and I learned to drive in a 73 Wagoneer.
I won’t post much, mainly here just to track my order and keep up with TSB’s and problems. Lots of good stuff so far, so thanks for that!

Movenpuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 2.0L T
Congratulations and welcome

Movenpuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 2.0L T
Hey all,

Lifelong Jeeper with a 21 JL Rubicon 2 door, 6spd on order. Also currently own a CJ3B and a CJ5. Have owned 3 TJ’s, 2 JK’s and a half dozen flat fenders. Got married in a Jeep, honeymooned in Ouray in a Jeep, and have around 500,000 miles in an open top Jeep total. First vehicle I ever steered on my dads lap was a CJ5 and I learned to drive in a 73 Wagoneer.
I won’t post much, mainly here just to track my order and keep up with TSB’s and problems. Lots of good stuff so far, so thanks for that!
Welcome to the club brother

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Hey all! I've been reading the forums for a few months now and finally decided I should actually join. Been daily driving the WJ for about 6 years now and figure at nearly 300k miles it's time to look for a new rig.

Currently waiting on the PHEV reveal before doing a custom order Rubicon Unlimited. I'm single with no family as of yet, but after so long with the WJ I don't think I'm ready to give up the cargo space. :CWL:

welcome to the forum. i went from a 07 grand cherokee to a 2 door base model sport. i dont miss the cargo space at all.

dsours43

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Wrangler SE
I’m new. Just purchased a 2020 Sahara, and it will take residence in the garage next to our 02 Wrangler SE with 20K miles, completely stock, that has never seen rain, has only been washed 4 times, and is in showroom new condition. The Sahara will get lots of miles, on and off road. I’ve really enjoyed reading and researching before we bought our new Sahara, now I’ll me watching for modest, simple mods that stay pretty close to stock (at least for now).
Sponsored