Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
Hello all,
I am Mike, a firearms Instructor living in Arizona. Married for 37 years, two grown kids. We live in the foothills of the Estrella Mountains. Six years ago I bought a used 2013 Jeep Patriot (I call it my fake jeep), and have been happy with it, for what it is.

I am ready to retire, been planning this for about 3 years now. My wife wanted a Wrangler, I wanted a Grand Cherokee. In doing research for hers, I found that a JLU is more my style than a Grand Cherokee. So now we will be ordering two 2021 Wranglers. She wants a 2-door Sport S, I want an Unlimited Sahara with many bells and whistles.

I have enjoyed reading many of your posts and am learning a lot. I am sure once we get ours, I will be posting, asking, and sharing. I am also a ham, call sign is KN0WBT.

Know Better Training,
-Mike-
Sponsored

Al G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU
I found this forum today while searching for information on towing with a Rockhard bumper. I got a 2020 JLU Sport S last month that will be my new toad. I already have a Blue Ox towbar and Patriot 2 braking system. I'm leaning toward a RH bumper and Cooltech wiring harness. There are certainly some healthy discussions here. I'm looking forward to learning on lots of topics.

jaumeAV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
New member here. Traded my 2016 Audi S5 for a 2018 2 door Rubicon. I must say, these new Jeeps sure do ride better than my old CJ7! (But, I'm still a sucker for the CJ's!)
image1.jpeg
IMG_1191.jpg
1986.jpg
nice! Dude! did you read my post (it was kinda long) above? I did the exact same thing! haha. traded my 2018 S5 Sportback and bought a Rubicon.

we should talk ;)

Last edited:

Case67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
Hi,

I owned a red 2-door Wrangler 30 years ago. Loved that car but life intervened and I only kept it for a few years. Now, retired in Arizona for some years, I traded my Lexus in for a 2020 JLU Sahara three weeks ago. Basically, COVID isolation issues were getting to me, and I wanted to be able to explore areas of Arizona and New Mexico that I wasn't comfortable accessing in my Lexus.

Good Lord, the changes 30 years have brought, but it's still a Jeep and I love it. I've had it out several times already in some fairly rough areas including Redington Pass, Box Canyon (the one near Madera Canyon, not the one near Florence (which is on the list)), and the Patagonia Mountains. It's performed perfectly, of course. And the smoothness of the in-town driving is remarkable.

I'm so happy to be a Jeep-owner again, and really enjoying and learning a lot from this forum.

Cheers!

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! Jeep on Redington Road--small file

Box Canyon overlook-2.jpg

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
New member here. Traded my 2016 Audi S5 for a 2018 2 door Rubicon. I must say, these new Jeeps sure do ride better than my old CJ7! (But, I'm still a sucker for the CJ's!)
Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! Jeep 1
welcome to the forum. great looking jl. love the cj. could we get more info on the cj. oh yeah the audi in nice too. (sorry, i'm more of a mustang guy)

SargeChuck

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLU
Hello,

This is my first jeep. I traded in a 2013 Silverado. Also shown in the photo is my dog Charlie (Chuck).

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! 1597629683910

I purchased a 2020 Sarge Green Sport with a 6speed manual about 4 weeks ago. The day finally came and I picked up the JL yesterday!

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! 1597629864622

-Nick

LadyJeeper

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Teacher
Newbie to the Jeep world... thanks to my wonderful 16 year old daughter who didn't mind me finally getting my dream "car", while she takes the 2012 GMC Acadia Denali, aka The Mom Mobile!

I am so excited to join the group to learn everything Jeep! In my first week, I have replaced the stock antenna and the hubs just put on my RedRock 4 x 4 Pinnacle Side Step Bars. Love how they turned out!

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! Side Steps

In the reflection you can see my other passion, golf! ;)

Now, I have to wait for another pay check cycle to buy WeatherTech Floor Liners...question, where have people bought them from? Directly from WeatherTech or other places like Extreme Terrain?

Thanks!

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
Newbie to the Jeep world... thanks to my wonderful 16 year old daughter who didn't mind me finally getting my dream "car", while she takes the 2012 GMC Acadia Denali, aka The Mom Mobile!

I am so excited to join the group to learn everything Jeep! In my first week, I have replaced the stock antenna and the hubs just put on my RedRock 4 x 4 Pinnacle Side Step Bars. Love how they turned out!

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! Side Steps

In the reflection you can see my other passion, golf! ;)

Now, I have to wait for another pay check cycle to buy WeatherTech Floor Liners...question, where have people bought them from? Directly from WeatherTech or other places like Extreme Terrain?

Thanks!
I’m pretty sure they have MAP pricing (meaning they don’t authorize their distributors to assess discounts). My last 3-4 vehicles I’ve ordered them all from Weathertech directly.

Congrats on your awesome new Jeep!

Sponsored

LadyJeeper

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Teacher
I’m pretty sure they have MAP pricing (meaning they don’t authorize their distributors to assess discounts). My last 3-4 vehicles I’ve ordered them all from Weathertech directly.

Congrats on your awesome new Jeep!
Thanks! I thought going directly with WeatherTech would be the way to go!

Vinny1

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, 2002 Pontiac Trans am WS6
Hello, First time Jeep owner. Just got a 2020 Unlimited JL Sport S 3.6L auto. Traded my 2018 Ram Laramie because of issues with it and the local dealers couldn't seem to or didn't want to acknowledge. Very impressed with the ride quality of the jeep and has alot of basic power features. Very fun to drive.

Vince

bboyk

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR,16 Siverado; 61 & 02 Vettes, 67 Camaro
Occupation
Finally retired! Futures industry executive
If you haven't purchased Weather Tech yet, look at Rugged Ridge. Half the price and fit perfectly.

rodend

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL ecoDiesel
Hey All!

First time Jeep owner. Went all in with a 2020 Sahara ecoDiesel in Billet Silver. Traded in my FCA car, an Alfa Romeo Stelvio. The Jeep is a totally different feel, and I love it. Went with the one touch sky-power roof too, which I’m finding I like far more than I thought
Sponsored