Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

Coyne11

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon , 1989 Toyota Pickup 4x4 SAS Swap
Hello everyone,

My name is Steven and I just joined the Jeep world about 2 months ago. I wanted to get back into a lifted vehicle and figured I would try a Jeep out after renting a Jeep on our vacation to Hawaii. Little bit of a driving difference coming from a lowered Mustang But no regrets so far. 2018 Rubicon 3.5ā€ Skyjacker 37ā€ open Country Mts

81D00CF7-2493-45B3-8A34-695E3E9DE95F.jpeg
Sponsored

rts4714

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
I sure did! Averaged about 24 MPG for the whole trip which was nice (not that we have our Wranglers for the fuel efficiency...) At 5'6" I was able to make a basic set-up in the back for sleeping and still have plenty of room for the Dometic and gear. Not a bad word to say about how my JL handled all those miles! I love highway driving now, definitely couldn't say the same when I had the TJ
Thats awesome. It is definitely something that has crossed my mind. I went out west (denver) for the first time last summer and loved it. Want to see more of this country

Solshine

First Name
Kelsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JL Sport S 2.0L T
Hey all!

I am SO excited to finally be able to say Iā€™m part of the Jeep world. Iā€™ve wanted a Jeep as long as I can remember and this year able to make it happen! I had plans to order a 2021 until I found out Bikini wouldnā€™t be an option. Then came the long search of a 2Dr 4 cylinder in bikini with the options I really wanted. As you can imagine, it was quite the search but I finally found one in Iowa! After over a month of waiting and ever changing plans with the pandemic, I ended up flying to Sioux Falls, SD where the dealer had the car waiting for me to pick up and drive home.

Seeing it in person for the first time was so amazing but the drive back was even better. Only had 4 days off but made the most of it. Drove through Badlands and Black Hills National Forest then into southern Wyoming through Medicine Bow National Forest to Moab and then finally back home to Phoenix. Went through Arches and adventured a bit in Moab which was a blast! It was the equivalent of bunny slopes to most of you but was so exciting to get it off road a bit! I am a first time Jeep owner and didnā€™t want to get into a bad situation without any friends to help me out

Excited to learn even more from all of you and maybe meet up in the future!

87DFE1E2-0312-4EB5-826B-F1EF4CCDD564.jpeg

FDE494B1-79F4-48B8-9C0D-FD5481C501C0.jpeg

7155E803-8611-49C8-B837-ACC335B5C7FB.jpeg

2DB36B9B-A438-427E-8403-249D2F910501.jpeg

E62DA769-E5F6-4AA2-AE26-985345AD1E5B.jpeg

DAF9DE72-57EB-441B-BFCD-58803702AE10.jpeg

Sponsored

Kathysue

First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 door JL Rubicon Bikini Pearl
Hi everyone, I traded in my 2013 2 door Sahara and got a 2020 2 door Bikini Pearl Rubicon. Love the Jeep. I did have the steering issue that some people have reported but the dealer replaced the steering box after 1000 miles and it has been much better. Am crazy about the Bikini color.

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

Hey all!

I am SO excited to finally be able to say Iā€™m part of the Jeep world. Iā€™ve wanted a Jeep as long as I can remember and this year able to make it happen! I had plans to order a 2021 until I found out Bikini wouldnā€™t be an option. Then came the long search of a 2Dr 4 cylinder in bikini with the options I really wanted. As you can imagine, it was quite the search but I finally found one in Iowa! After over a month of waiting and ever changing plans with the pandemic, I ended up flying to Sioux Falls, SD where the dealer had the car waiting for me to pick up and drive home.

Seeing it in person for the first time was so amazing but the drive back was even better. Only had 4 days off but made the most of it. Drove through Badlands and Black Hills National Forest then into southern Wyoming through Medicine Bow National Forest to Moab and then finally back home to Phoenix. Went through Arches and adventured a bit in Moab which was a blast! It was the equivalent of bunny slopes to most of you but was so exciting to get it off road a bit! I am a first time Jeep owner and didnā€™t want to get into a bad situation without any friends to help me out

Excited to learn even more from all of you and maybe meet up in the future!

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! B246F381-320F-437E-BBD1-AD71911D21D7

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! B246F381-320F-437E-BBD1-AD71911D21D7

Great photos, and a good lookinā€™ Jeep! :like:
Welcome to the worldā€™s best obsession!

Sponsored

Pilot12

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara Unlimited Wrangler - 2015 911 Carerra S
Took advantage of the great deal that I got on my new 2019 Sahara back in Jan and traded for a 2020 rubicon. Loved the Jeep so much that I realized it worked out cheaper for me to upgrade vs build on what I had. Not to mention that I got more on the trade in than what I paid, which pushed me to make the move. I never thought that driving a wrangler would be so much fun. So much so that I donā€™t even drive my 911 much any more. Glad to be a part of the fun!

F804AFA0-F7F3-4660-8D0B-8263927E9544.jpeg

B76DD316-7D18-4902-9BD0-8A076CA5C0A2.jpeg

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
AWESOME! Super excited to become a member.
I'm Greg, I don't actually own a JL yet. :'(
My girlfriend and I co-own a '20 Subaru Forester Sport. My plan is to buy a JLUD in another year and a half or so. I live in North Texas area, so having a diesel will mean never having to worry about passing emissions. Also that engine life is what really excites me, also the customization options. I need constant projects to keep my mind busy.
I honestly spend my weekends driving around on dirt roads in the Texas countryside and frequenting the Jeep, "Build Your Wrangler" webpage so I can drool over the options I want to get.
Also I want to say thanks to everyone on this forum for answering all my JL questions over the last few months before I became a member. :P

pipincan

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 2.0L North Edition *Bikini Pearl*
Out with the old (2011 JKU Rubicon, 3.8L Manual, Mango Tango)

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! IMG_1999.JPG

In with the new (2020 JLU Sahara North Edition, 2.0 Auto, Bikini Pearl).

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! IMG_2187.JPG

Even though I wasn't actively looking to replace the Rubicon, due to a combination of employee pricing, dealer discount and being offered a bloody good trade in value, the Sahara became my third Wrangler since 2010.

First impressions after a spending a month and a half with the new vehicle.

The auto box and 2.0 turbo engine are an excellent combination. Driving is effortless and relaxing and it goes like stink when giving it a bit of welly.
Fuel consumption at present is 50% better than the Rubicon but that includes a 2000 km round trip to Quebec last month with a lot of non-highway driving. I'm expecting that figure to drop quite a bit with more city driving, but it's still impressive.
The Sahara is more comfortable and rides better but I'd expect that with a newer vehicle and a different setup compared to the Rubicon.
The power top is brilliant. After jumping in and starting up, the top is retracted except when it's raining. Installed a red Spiderweb shade which reduces the breeze inside the cabin and makes trips more pleasant in the sun.

The auxiliary battery had to be replaced under warranty within the first week. :facepalm:

I have to thank these forums for all the information I've learned before purchasing the JL. :like:

JaxPilot

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito! Sahara 2.0L Turbo
Hi everyone. I just recently traded in my 2013 JKU sport for a 2019 JLU Sahara in Mojito!, loaded, with a Sky One-Touch Power roof. I'm excited to have a new Jeep, as the 2013 took a beating and succumbed to a lot of rust and a busted oil cooler issue. The 2019 was a Canadian rental car with 5300 miles on it, brought down here to NE Florida.

I've got an AEV Dualsport lift and Fuel Crush 17 x 9 wheels on the way, and will mount up the 315/70R17 Falken Wildpead A/TW3 tires I just had delivered for $215 each.

It also has the 2.0L Turbo, so I'm reading all I can about that puppy, have already found a ton of useful information on this forum to fix some UConnect flakiness, and can't wait to get her lifted and decked out. I'm thinking of moving from the 3.45 gearing to 4.88, but haven't made the final decision on that just yet.

Looking forward to learning and participating here, as well as keeping an eye on my "original" JK forum. :)

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! Jeep Left Cropped
Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! Jeep Top Cropped

jaumeAV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Hi everyone! My name is Jaume. Friends call me jau.

Iā€™m originally from Barcelona but living in the US for very close to 12 years now. First, 5 yrs in Manhattan and now, close to 7 in Los Angeles.

3 weeks ago I decided to sell my 2018 Audi S5. It was painful to watch it go (my 7 year old daughter got so sad to see it go that she cried quite a bit) but it was for a greater good since I was left with a new 2020 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. :D

I was never a 4x4 guy, never really paid much attention to Jeeps even though I was aware of how fun they can be... but last summer the family spent 10 days in Oā€™ahu and we explored the island in a Wrangler Sahara. (I have to thank my wife for that since I was initially choosing a Dodge SUV that I thought would probably be comfy to drive around for 10 days and she said, ā€œletā€™s get the Jeep, itā€™ll be funā€) I fell in love with it.
I loved the sense of community. The enjoyment and satisfaction I got from just greeting any Jeep driver I drove across plus feeling like you can go anywhere with it got me hooked. :)

It has been a year since we went to Hawaii, and life goes back to normal, I was happy driving my fast and extremely luxurious/comfortable S5 back and forth to work and anywhere else. Slowly the idea of the Jeep starts to fade away.. you go back to reality.

But then, in July, when we had to cancel our 3-week trip to Barcelona to visit family due to COVID-19, we decided to just rent an RV and get out for a few days (kids were driving us and themselves nuts in the house, lol).

We drove to Valley of Fire, NV. Bryce, UT. Lake Powell and Horseshoe Bend in AZ and then back to Utah to Zion. It was an amazing trip and, you know what I saw EVERYWHERE we went? Yep! Jeeps. Jeeps everywhere. Modded, stock, Sports, Rubicons, Gladiators, JKs, XJs, JLs... wasnā€™t even thinking about it and I was already getting hooked and telling my wife which I liked more and which I liked less, which mods were cool and which I didnā€™t like, etc.. lol.

I have started a new job since almost 3 weeks now, and this job will have me commuting from Woodland Hills in LA to Irvine when we go back to the office. Thatā€™s a 2-2.5h commute in regular LA rush hour traffic. I decided I would be getting a motorcycle as a daily commuter vehicle in order to cut down roughly 1hr daily and get to see my kids before bed.

Anyway, on the way back home from Zion we were watching a youtube show about RV life and that family used to have a Rubicon which they showed and talked about the mods and stuff.. my wife jokingly says ā€œhey! Maybe, since you are getting the bike, you can sell the S5, and ā€˜size downā€™ to the Jeep for the weekends in Big Bear Lake, ha, ha...ā€ ā€” little did she know that my mind had already calculated all these variables and come up with that same plan, lol.

That phrase acted as a trigger, lol, and even if she was joking it basically got me going and taking it more and more seriously :D

2 days later I found out that the only new Rubicon with all the equipment I wanted, in at least 300miles, was being delivered to the dealership closest to my house. :D
In a matter of 2 weeks, that Rubicon was in my possession. That was like 3 weeks ago, Hah. The S5 was a great incentive in lowering the Rubiconā€™s price so there we go, now we have 2 SUVs at home, the Q7 and the Jeep ;)

Oof, long story, but had fun telling it. If you reached this, thanks for reading, and, Hi! :)
Now I have to slowly get versed with all this new universe of terms, mods, trails, and people. Very much looking forward to it. This new toy is already being a lot of fun on the easy trails we have been on. And it will slowly through the years get even better.

cheers! Looking forward to chatting with you all!

jau

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! 7EC8230B-07FB-4EBE-929D-6ED77A604D2F

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! FA0C5ACD-1436-4E22-92F3-B1C828F928B7

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! ADB0B553-12DF-402D-98F8-9B8F2BA458E8
Sponsored

Last edited: