Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

4.0joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, 2016 528i
Hi all,

Been a longtime lurker but finally bit the bullet and joined the club! I had a 04 grand cherokee in school and have always missed it though this seems to help! Any wiser owners have any advice for how to keep the softtop windows scratch free, or is that a pipe dream?

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! IMG_20200623_181716
Sponsored

megglesmarie

First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Hi everyone!
Two weeks ago today I finally fulfilled my dream of having a Jeep Wrangler! I got a 2020 JLU sport s. I am super excited to start some mods but am not as well versed as I'd like to be so I'll be watching for some good tips!

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! IMG_20200610_172015_MP

ObtuseMeatball

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Soft Top Firecracker Red
Occupation
IT Nerd
Hi everyone,

First time Jeep owner and can't believe how deep into the rabbit hole I've fallen already. We picked up a new JLU soft top a couple weeks ago and have fallen in love with it. I wanted something capable of "whatever", she wanted a convertible, and here we are! We both love it and can't wait to see what we can do. This site has been extremely helpful already, and I'm looking forward to seeing what else is possible.
Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! IMG_20200626_132943

Movenpuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 2.0L T
Hi everyone,

First time Jeep owner and can't believe how deep into the rabbit hole I've fallen already. We picked up a new JLU soft top a couple weeks ago and have fallen in love with it. I wanted something capable of "whatever", she wanted a convertible, and here we are! We both love it and can't wait to see what we can do. This site has been extremely helpful already, and I'm looking forward to seeing what else is possible.
Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! IMG_20200626_132943
congrats, I also like running the soft top in Safari style.
good luck buddy

aro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'm back in the Jeep family after one year in a 2019 Tacoma Off Road... It was nice, very capable off road, but I realized I'm just not a truck guy. Not at all. Expensive lesson to learn...

Anyway... here is the new ride, untouched for now...

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! JLUR.JPG

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Jeepers !!

ctCjfKRd-122944418.jpg

Chitrod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
New Member as of yesterday. Bought my first Wrangler about two weeks ago. I wanted one since I was 15, but my parents thought they were unsafe. My first car was a 2 wheel drive 1992 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Hoping to learn from this group and make a few modifications, but keep it mostly my daily driver.

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! 61421787961__4D1B6708-416D-4CB4-9BE8-144C558D5A5B

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I love driving Jeep Naked and with my Half-doors on.

Just LOVE it, but this photo is why right now my Jeep is closed up like a can of sardines !!!

I am more of a winter cold person who drives Naked when its 21 degrees.

Don't enjoy Oven Bake !!! :facepalm:

Texas Heat and Naked Jeep.jpg

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
New to the site. The “other site” is just too slow when it comes to JLs. I’ve been a member there for years (JKBrad) but it’s mainly a JK forum now.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Hi all,

Been a longtime lurker but finally bit the bullet and joined the club! I had a 04 grand cherokee in school and have always missed it though this seems to help! Any wiser owners have any advice for how to keep the softtop windows scratch free, or is that a pipe dream?

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! E6BE5CE0-6A78-4B22-A2F4-6967DB27405C
check in the detailing section on the forums. im sure they have a good long post on the windows. Welcome nice fire cracker sport!

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

My fourth 4-wheeler, but my first Jeep. Nineteen months and 10K miles down the road, my '18 JLUS has been trouble-free. Granted it's my DD which has traveled only a few sandy roads, its harshest tests have been eight hour runs at 80mph.
My moniker, Nomod (as in: modifications -none) denotes a different route from my past four-wheelers (one of which, a K-5 Blazer, I equipped with a 400hp 6.0 liter Corvette engine). Older (75) and wiser, I'll keep the 3.6 in this one. As anticipated when I bought the Jeep, if during my travels I encounter a road less traveled, I can take a side trip and get to the real scenic before I get stuck.
(As an aside, by no mods I'm not including as modifications small add-ons I've done such as step rails, hood and gas locks, hitch, floor mats,etc.)
oh man what year K-5? i have a K15 GMC pick-up ive been restoring over the last few years. just installed new blue print 350 with 395 HP 417 Ft-lbs of torque. re geared and installed a lunch box locker on it.. miss my blazer so much. started out in a 87 K-5 to date thats the one vehicle i wish i never gave up. my truck helps with the urge to get another as does my wrangler. welcome to the jeep club! :jeepwave:

Nomod

First Name
Brien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S; '05 Pontiac GTO; '12 MBenz GLK; '99 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan; all purchased new - I tend to keep vehicles a long time
oh man what year K-5? i have a K15 GMC pick-up ive been restoring over the last few years. just installed new blue print 350 with 395 HP 417 Ft-lbs of torque. re geared and installed a lunch box locker on it.. miss my blazer so much. started out in a 87 K-5 to date thats the one vehicle i wish i never gave up. my truck helps with the urge to get another as does my wrangler. welcome to the jeep club! :jeepwave:
The K-5 in which I installed the Lingenfelter Corvette engine was a '78. I also bought a new '89 K-5 but made the 'mistake' of allowing my son drive it to school on his first day in high school. I think that was the last time I drove it and by the time he graduated from college, it was done. Like you, I really liked K-5s. Your K-15 sounds like a beast. Very cool!
Sponsored