Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

ArkieJeep

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
New to Wrangler forum, but have been stalking for mods for months since I bought my new JL in August.

Had Jeeps in the family since my dad bought his first Cherokee in 1987. Since then there has been multiple Grand Cherokees passed down to me since the 90s.

Just bought my first Wrangler and Iā€™m in love.
Sponsored

itschris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis, Explorer, GIXX 1000R
Future 2019 Jeep Owner checking in. Probably going to be ordering a new MOAB in a couple weekends if I can't find one local here in St. Pete, FL. Been reading these forums for a few weeks and already have 20 pages bookmarked and about 20 linked products to buy. Thanks to everyone here putting up the good info. It's been a huge help and has seriously shortcut the ramp up time trying to figure this all out. Really appreciate it.

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
Hi all, new here and my first Jeep. Been a pathfinder owner for 30 years and went to a Honda CRV last year. It just wasnā€™t me, so I traded it for this Jeep Sahara. I know it will take a bit to get used to the drive and feel but I liked the rugged look with all the creature comforts.
I doubt I will ever take the top off since it seems like a real chore and I would have to do it myself.
On past forums I was usually pretty active, and guess once I get a feel for this forum I may be able to contribute a bit. For now, I will read and learn.
Looking forward to a lot of interesting posts to go with my morning coffee.

Swartz2017

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Durango, 2016 Cherokee 75th
Hello All- long time lurker and finally an owner- we picked up our 2018 JLU Sport S the end of December after being out of a Wrangler since 2016 (prior Wrangler was a 2013 JKU Sahara).
Unfortunately no good picks other than a quick wash by my daughter on the way home from finding some mud the first day.
Have been on family vacation and just back home now. Did have time to throw on some rubi rails, but nothing else.

Anxious to try some Rubi takeoff wheels and suspension (except everyone in PA/MD thinks they are worth $$$$$$$$) as well as maybe looking at 35ā€™s. Will be wrapped with company details once the weather breaks.

21B156C5-9472-49E9-9764-E4124C60821E.jpeg

46189BA6-5993-499E-9B6B-20F0A9DFE73C.jpeg

EndiSky

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius C (seriously)
Proud, super proud owner of a brand new JLUR in Ocean Blue. I've wanted one for decades and finally made the decision to take the leap! Located in SoCal but I travel around the country non-stop. Hoping to get into the swing of things soon and begin with the modding (spending) and the trails.

Sponsored

iPooted83

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone,

Getting ready to order a new Rubicon soon. My last Jeep was a ā€˜94, and am ready to trade in my Xterra. Iā€™ve been lurking for a few days and found a lot of great info on ordering and negotiating the best deal. Looking forward to being a Jeep owner again!

Androu

First Name
Androu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sport JLU
Hello everyone. I have a question. I am looking to sell my hardtop for a 2018 jeep wrangler sport unlimited JL. I'm not sure as to how much or where to look exactly. Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you

Muddfoot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JKU Sport
Hey guys and gals

Paul here...Tucson, AZ. We just bought our #4 Jeep Wrangler itā€™s a bright white 18 JLU sport. Heritage tan interior, Auto, Alpine system. Tomorrow Iā€™m putting 33s and some black rims on her. Canā€™t wait to get it dirty!

Jamie45

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAM 1500, plan to have a JL in March
Hi all. Don't have a Jeep, never had a Jeep, but I plan to have that fixed no later than the end of March. I came here looking for information, and I have learned SO MUCH I felt like I needed to turn off my add blocker and register.

Sponsored

Hound Dawg

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 FLHTKSE in Magnetic Grey Fade, 2018 Camaro 2SS Hot wheels Orange, 2016 CTS4 3.6 in Adriatic Blue, 2015 Ram Sport in Deep Cherry
Hi everyone......Our orange 2019 Rubicon UL comes in 6 weeks. Looks just like KBallard72's but with steel bumper. I plan to share pix when it comes. It's our first. Hoping we don't regret the Pentastar 6 with the manual shift, from what I've read.

HD

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Hello all,

Names Brian, Born and raise in southern Cali.always loved Jeeps. Iā€™ve been trying to con my family to get one since I started driving 13 years ago! Iā€™ve been a GM guy since I was born. Still love em still own one. 1976 GMC Sierra high Sierra 4x4. I just recently started wrapping that project up. Anyways I keep poking at the idea of a Jeep more and more and the opportunity came up to help family out selling my 2012 Silverado and two days later I drove to Nevada to pick up a 2018 wrangler JL sport. Itā€™s less than a week old has seen its first mud and sand. Can not wait to start the upgrades as I keep researching for the mods I want to do through this world of knowledge on this forum.

dustdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hello from eastern Oregon. Recently purchased my 2018 gray 4-door Rubicon, in Sting-Gray.

This is my 4th Jeep. People have Jeeps for all kinds of reasons. These days, I use mine for camping and exploring the back roads. I drove small pickups for years and was tired of getting stuck and of not having any aftermarket options. So, my first Jeep was a 2000 TJ, which I built up in stages over several years and pushed to the limits, trying to learn and improve my off-road skills and really learn where the limits were. When the first 4-doors became available, I knew I would benefit from the additional room, so I bought my second Jeep, a 2008 JKUR. I built that one to run properly on 35's, and drove it more moderately for several years. Moved from that into a 2014 JKUR, built that one up for the same purpose, but more deliberately (Old Man Emu 2 in. HD suspension, ARB bumper, winch, stock tires). That turned into my current Jeep, which they are finally making the way I thought a Jeep always should have been made: decent suspension, basic armor, lockers, and 33's that don't rub... all under warranty! This Jeep ought to do everything I need my Jeep to do, and yet still be able to tackle some rougher trails if the need should arise. Other than some functional additions, I don't really plan to heavily mod this one, unless something breaks or it lets me down.

If I've learned anything over 19 years, thousands of dollars and miles, and 3 different Jeeps, it is that any mod you do is a trade-off between highway and off-road performance, i.e.,the more you build it for trails, the less happy you will be with it on the highway. People own Jeeps for all kinds of reasons and purposes. There is no one-size-fits-all, and you just need to find the balance that is right for YOU. My advice to those new to this world of Jeeps is to think very, very carefully about what you really need your vehicle to do, before you spend a dime on anything. It is very tempting and very easy to modify a Jeep, but it's also very hard to UN-build a Jeep. What I've found is that, on the trails, it all comes down to where you put the tires, and a stock Jeep will do a LOT more than you think it will, IF you take the time to learn (which is half the fun!). On the other hand, if all you want is a Jeep that looks "cool" (hey, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right?), then go for it! Just be sure that whatever you do to your Jeep is compatible with what you actually need your Jeep to do. Be realistic. Just my .02

See you on the trails.:)

suburbanjeeper

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Greetings from northern Illinois! Currently own a stock 2013 White JK Unlimited Sahara and is the first jeep I've owned. I can't imagine driving anything else but a wrangler. I'm looking forward to ordering and modding a 2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon within the next few months. I've been lurking for awhile and finally decided to become a member. My head is just spinning with all of the great info here and my build will definitely be inspired by these forums so thanks!

See ya around,
Tom

Rotorhead

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wranger Unlimited JL Sport
Hello from Georgia!

Bought my JL Sport in September. So far I'm very pleased. My previous Jeep was a 2007 Unlimited Rubicon that I bought new. I used to be very active on the forums and local Jeep clubs. Life got in the way a little and I haven't been that active lately. Looking forward to getting to know everybody and learning about the new model.

Cheers, Mike

Old Jeep morphed into this. Complete with Dana 60 rear, 40's and some other junk.
20180915_171418(1).jpg

The New JL.
20180915_182438 2.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! {filename}
Sponsored