Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
Waving from the east side of Mt.Hood Oregon after climbing up and out of the White River Canyon. JLUR, 2”lift, 37” KO2’s on 17” DV8 Beadlocks, Engo XR10 Winch. Today trip saw 38 degrees incline and elevation gain from 1800-4000 overall...This is my 4th Jeep and my favorite...

69546962-2B17-440C-9D85-B419C39F4044.jpeg
Sponsored

Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hello from Colorado 0)IIIII(0. I visited this isolated camping spot along the Platt River this weekend. Hey Mike, sounds like Mt Hood Hill climb was quite the test at 38 degrees. So far on my trail runs I've found 25-28 degree climbs and decents. At that I felt like I was close to standing up. The capabilities are amazing. What lift did you go with, and are the benefits of 37"'s over 35"'s worthwhile. I've already emptied all my pockets so trying to slow down. If I go with 37"s than I believe I have to also upgrade the spare tire carrier. If I keep my stock rims than I can go up to 35"'s. All advise welcomed. View attachment 46935

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Environmental Technician
Hello from Colorado 0)IIIII(0. I visited this isolated camping spot along the Platt River this weekend. Hey Mike, sounds like Mt Hood Hill climb was quite the test at 38 degrees. So far on my trail runs I've found 25-28 degree climbs and decents. At that I felt like I was close to standing up. The capabilities are amazing. What lift did you go with, and are the benefits of 37"'s over 35"'s worthwhile. I've already emptied all my pockets so trying to slow down. If I go with 37"s than I believe I have to also upgrade the spare tire carrier. If I keep my stock rims than I can go up to 35"'s. All advise welcomed. View attachment 46935
I was definitely puckered up and praying I didn’t lose momentum because we all know what happens if you hit the brakes on that kind of angle.... Moab is another great spot for those high degree climbs. My opinion is that the 37’s are worth it with the 17” rims(DV8 Beadlocks) which gives me a lot of sidewall when I air down for sand, snow and rock. I kept the overall weight down by going with the KO2’s. I was nervous as I’ve never run them before.. only Toyo and Nitto MT’s but I am more than impressed with the KO2 so far. I have the Mopar 2” lift(gave me 3”) and I’m running the Engo XR10 winch.. I’ve done Rock, Clay and Sand and all we’re acceptable in my book... I feel no need to regear and just like you I’ve emptied my pockets LOL....my catalogs have started rolling in so you know how that goes... soft top, Bimini top, and LEDS are next..... btw, I really really want to head to Colorado!!!

Reactions: Rob

Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hmmm, where did I leave my money tree. Think I need DV8 Beadlocks with the 37 KO2s, and the Mopar lift. We are getting ready for a road trip west to see the Redwoods, Taos, Moab on way back.

Sponsored

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Environmental Technician
Hmmm, where did I leave my money tree. Think I need DV8 Beadlocks with the 37 KO2s, and the Mopar lift. We are getting ready for a road trip west to see the Redwoods, Taos, Moab on way back.
That’ll be a great trip!!! If you head a little north into Oregon look at Winchester Bay for some awesome dune wheeling!! It’s not too far from the Redwoods

tomines

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot (for sale), Chevrolet Camaro (wife), Nissan 370Z
Vehicle Showcase
Hello from San Diego. First time wrangler owner here. After two months of waiting I just received my bright white JLUR. Looking forward to many offroad adventures.
20180519_112207.jpg

KillaRubi

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon (on order)
Occupation
IT
Hello! current JK owner here with a JL on order that is getting built this week. Lots of great info on this forum.

rx2man

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
leSabre
Hello, new member from Phoenix. Had a 93 YJ with a sky jacker lift, D44 and a tru track. Wife totalled it out. Bought a new Sport 2 dr in 2011 and traded it in a few yrs late which was a complete bone head move. The new JL's have caught my attention and I decided to do it right this time and get a Rubicon 2 dr. Jeep really upped their game with the JL. I read about people adding sound deadener etc in their JK's and JL's. You dont know noise until you drive an old YJ or CJ.

Sponsored

k9jackie

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Jackie checking in....:beer: I’m new here but been lurking a couple weeks. I have had many jeeps over the years... my all time favorite was my 2006 rubicon. I regret selling that every day. :crying: I'm currently in a Overland and I do miss my wrangler days. I'm an old lady now:giggle: so I'm on the fence about buying a jlu but I do like all of the new upgrades.

JayCO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ-7 Laredo :: 2017 Ford F-250
Hey folks! New member from Colorado. Found this great forum while researching JLUs for my wife (let's face it, it's really for me!). Looking to order ours mid-July. It's hard to wait!

My past jeeps were an LJ Rubicon, and an XJ beater. We currently own a 1982 CJ-7 that I'm lightly restoring. It was my wife's grandfathers, and is in fantastic condition.

Cheers!

tluke

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler, Mercedes ML550, Corvette, Polaris Slingshot & Honda CRF250L
Hi, my name is Tom. I currently have a '13 JK 2 dr Sport 6 speed. It was my 2nd Jeep and now I am on to my 3rd, since yesterday, I ordered an '18 JL 2 dr Rubicon. My current is Gecko green and my new order is Mojito. Love the color and decided to stay with it . I hope it's close. I was going to wait until '19 but from what I was able to pick up from this forum and others, the '19's will have that BSG motor, so no thanks and who knows if I would have been able to get the Mojito. Now my wait begins.
Sponsored