Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
What's up guys? I'm new here. Owned a few Wranglers and hoping to purchase a JL next year. Love the site so far.
Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I promise I won't be first in line if they don't offer the diesel.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Hello! I'm going to order a 2019 JL 4 door Rubicon. I've currently got a 2008 JKU Rubicon, and absolutely love it! It has about 110k miles on it and has been very rugged and reliable. It runs and drives like new. I intend to keep it, even when I order the JL. My first Jeep was a 93 YJ, and I loved it, too.

I look forward to learning more about the JL and having some fun talking to all of you as we get ready for it!

MotoJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JK, 2014 Suzuki DR-Z400SM
Just made an account here from Akron, Ohio. I've done a lot to my Commando Green JK, and I make motovlogs on my Supermoto DRZ. I'm not looking at the JL so much, but if the JT comes out in 2020 with a diesel and a manual transmission, I'd buy it in a heartbeat lol. Then my JK could become an all out trail rig.
20170309_183111.jpg

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ElevatedOffRoad.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 Door
Occupation
Owner of Elevated Off Road
Just made an account here from Akron, Ohio. I've done a lot to my Commando Green JK, and I make motovlogs on my Supermoto DRZ. I'm not looking at the JL so much, but if the JT comes out in 2020 with a diesel and a manual transmission, I'd buy it in a heartbeat lol. Then my JK could become an all out trail rig.
20170309_183111.jpg
Welcome Nice Jeep!

- Joe

Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Hello all,
Dan Here from Michigan. I feel like this is an AA meeting but I too am waiting for the JLs release. Having owned 2 JKs in the past I think I know what im getting into. Sold my last JKUR after getting a company car for a few years. I have a shitty Land Rover now and am somewhat torn between a JL and a Ford Raptor. Being around Detroit I run into engineers from time to time with testing cars. The diesel I ran into a couple weeks ago sure looks promising.
P1010448.JPG
Had tons of fun wtih this.

JTman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JT to come
Welcome @Dan! Since you're considering a Raptor are you considering waiting to compare the JT pickup? Or will you be comparing the Raptor to the JL/JLU ?

Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Welcome @Dan! Since you're considering a Raptor are you considering waiting to compare the JT pickup? Or will you be comparing the Raptor to the JL/JLU ?
I would have to see the Jeep pickup to really know for sure but I would probably go for a unlimited rubicon. That being said, the Raptor is quite large, maybe even too large. My plan is to hang on to the Land Rover as a road trip and shit weather vehicle and the Jeep or Raptor as more of a daily driver/fun weekend vehicle. I tried offroading the Land Rover and found it to be too wide for some of the Michigan trails and the Raptor would be too large for everything except the dunes which are fun for about 30 minutes once a year for me. I think I miss the utility of having a truck and tried to bring home a f250 last month but the damn thing fit in my garage with only millimeters to spare. The one thing that really concerns me is the rear breakover angle on the Jeep truck from the photos looks strange. The engineer I ran into a couple weeks ago had a diesel model out for testing and the location of the urea tank was seriously jacked up and would need to be immediately relocated to prevent damage. I dont know whether or not he knew it was if it was a production location but picture and urea tank where the current JK muffler is located and lower it a couple inches. I was so disappointed when I saw that and hope the packaging is fixed in time for production.

Jrsartori977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
I'm a newby here. I have a long history with offroad motorcycles recreationally and competitively. I've ridden the Rubicon trail and many 4wd trails in the Central California Sierras on a motorcycle and I'm hoping to drive them in a Wrangler JL next year.
Very cool!
Sponsored