Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

Stellantis Fan

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum and have a 2018 JL. I included a pic right after we got the lift finished and new meats mounted. It gets out several times a year and has been a blast since I bought it.

I am working through some mods and rework so I may have questions for 'the throbbing brain' that lives in the forum.

SFK

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! IMG_8999
Sponsored

BEJEEP

First Name
AL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Beach High Tide
Hello,
Purchased my 2023 Beach Edition on Memorial Day. I was able to get below MSRP and got a good trade in number on my car. Although the overall buying experience at the dealer in South Florida was not good.

The Beach Edition checked most of my boxes: 3.6, XR Package, leather….. I really preferred the 23-Grill and XR rims compared to the new 24’s. My last JEEP was a 1999 Sahara-4.0 manual many years ago.

IMG_1030.jpeg

Bone Rat

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.0 Sahara 2 dr
Good evening, greetings from over the sea,

Have been lurking for a few weeks and thought it was time to say hello! Have taken delivery of a banana yellow 2 door, 2 litre, this is causing a bit of a stir locally. Wranglers are a bit of a rarity over here and cause heads to turn to say the least.

Sold my MX5 (miata) and decided to return to 4x4 for practicality reasons, try getting fishing rods in the Mazda. The Jeep is a revelation, comfortable, powerful and a proper live axle, chassied beast unlike what usually passes for a 4x4 here. Previously used a Land Rover Series III and a Soviet built Lada Niva. Both capable but hair shirt as regards comfort.

Very impressed by the knowledge and resources on display, yes, learnt a long time ago to search before asking questions.

Cheers, Andy

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! 20230908_101347

SoEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 1972 Jeep Commando
Hello all from the coasts of Lake Erie in Ohio. New to the forum here but not new to jeeps. Currently the wife has a 22 Sahara Altitude while I’m rocking the 72 Commando.
Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! IMG_1406

rabbit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Rubicon, GTI, Atlas, allroad
Howdy - new to the JL but not new to Wranglers...pic of my old manual-everything JK from 8-9 years ago up in the Beartooth mountain range in MT.

Anyway, figured I'd join because I'm relatively close to putting in an order on a 4 door, so that we can resume doing cross-country road trips out there in a Jeep now that we have kids.

Still trying to figure out which spec I want - leaning toward the Willys, based on the improvements it got for '24, but I'm still open to any of them at this point.

IMG_2878.jpg
Well, I have an update to this - ended up pulling the trigger on a leftover '23 Rubicon two weeks ago (at what I think is a fairly good deal).

It's what I would think to be a farily oddball spec - no convenience, safety, or LEDs but has towing, V6, and obviously the body color highline flares. Conceded on just getting the automatic - it is a very good auto. I still have one car that has a manual (Mk7 GTI) - so as long as I have one in the household I'm good.

Already have a set of Mopar OEM LED headlights ready to install. Just waiting to hear back if my purchasing dealer is going to be blow me off or not with regard to the software update needed after. Undecided if I will go JScan route if they do blow me off. I'm more experienced with VWs and VAG-com, but something about these android/iOS based tools weirds me out. We'll see.

Other than that, the only other pressing thing for me would be getting rid of the horrid red dash. I may take the dive on that Launch edition Gladiator dash, as the red stitching would match the rest of the interior. We'll see though.

No good pics for now, but here's me doing the important garage test, as well as the golf bag test:
Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! IMG_0292

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! IMG_0166

Can't wait to get this up to the Beartoohs next summer!

Last edited:

Sponsored

RecessRampage

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Rubicon X 3.6L V6
Clubs

Hi all, new to the Jeep community and the forum. Actually, I can't say that I'm new to it since I don't think I qualify yet (not a Jeep owner yet). Hopefully in a few months though.

Lived in VA, FL, and now in NY. Was in the city for 10 years but moved to the outskirts and instead of renting a vehicle to go camping, hope to do that with a new Wrangler next year. We like spending time up in Lake George area but definitely plan on hitting some trails on Hunter/Gore mountain and expand from there.

Excited to be here and hopefully I will have experiences (and photos) to share soon!

Navak

First Name
Armen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, Tesla Model Y Performance
Hi all, new to this forum. Im from LA looking to get my first jeep (weekend toy) as soon as 2.0T engines available to order. Im set on Rubicon with extreme tire package and planing on hit some trails in CA. Looking forward to Jeep ownership and being part of the community.

Maxpwns

First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL rubicon XR
Occupation
Engineer
What’s up folks! Welp, I’m back in a jeep! Recently sold my Galdiator for a ford raptor. After some issues I found my way back into a 2023 extreme recon and it feels good to be home again!

IMG_0159.jpeg

RedRaven

First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, Subaru Outback
Occupation
Office Monkey
From Texas and Arizona originally. Been in Montana for about 5 years. I learned to wheel in Tucson on a 1st generation Tundra. Finally bit the bullet and bought my very own jeep. Just ordered a Mopar 2" lift kit with fox shocks, and sliders and bumpers from Barnes 4WD. I can tell already this is going to be a money pit. And I'm here for it.

IMG_1570.jpeg

Sponsored

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Plus A8 & F8 Green
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone!

So, after an almost 6 month wait, my dream Jeep finally arrived this past Monday. It’s a 2-Door in Firecracker Red. Couldn’t be happier. :) This is also my first time posting on the forum! Glad to be here.

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! Jeep2Door1
I’m guessing it’s somewhat safe to say that, based on the UAW strike, and your build date, that there’s about a four or more week delay in transporting?

Nice Firecracker Red Willys!!!!

edgarispunk

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler
I’m guessing it’s somewhat safe to say that, based on the UAW strike, and your build date, that there’s about a four or more week delay in transporting?

Nice Firecracker Red Willys!!!!
Thank you! So it was built September 12th and shipped the 15th. Really lucked out just before the strike. Arrived earlier this week on October 9th. I’m in Austin, TX so that might explain the long shipping time?

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Plus A8 & F8 Green
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase

MA Joop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon XR
Checking in from MA, recently picked up a '23 JLUR XR, absolutely love this thing!

Had pickup trucks all my life, then about 5 years back I picked up an Audi A6 with the supercharged 3.0 V6. Tuned that and absolutely loved it, but it was frankly too boring to drive normally. While not a true "fast Audi" by any means, 477 hp and my best 0-60 time of 3.56 seconds it was pretty quick. Living in the densely populated area I do, everyone doing 5 under the speed limit it just got to be too frustrating to drive. Also not a great vehicle for scuba diving, hunting etc. which I like to do. Made the switch to the Jeep about a month ago and loving it!

Photos below are from my first time getting it offroad, and airing back up with the Kraken

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! IMG_7029

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! IMG_7027

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Saw a nice modified Silver JLU, beadlocks, stubby bumper, Toyo muds, at the best western Healdsburg tonight, while walking my dog. Figure they're a member here.
Sponsored