Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Rubicon JL 6 Speed
Hi folks. Happy to be here! Proud owner of a 21 JLR manual in Tampa, FL. Love the new Jeep and can’t wait to hit the trails. My Dad owned a TJ while we lived overseas back in the 90s and I wanted a Jeep ever since.
I sorta live in Florida, but travel all over the US for work and trying to slowly get my Jeep back over where it will reside (I bought very recently while on the road). But I also loved Jeeps since my my parents had a TJ they absolutely hated when I was younger. Hopefully we will run into each other on the trails soon (not literally, but you know what I mean).

Advertisement

AlgUSF

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU (Sarge Green), 2014 Tundra
Hello all. Just ordered my 2021 JLU Sahara in sarge green with manual tranny and 3.6 a week ago today. The wait is killing me.
Welcome and congrats on the color choice, but then I'm a bit biased. I found a 6MT JLU Sport on a lot and didn't have to wait. I get a lot of positive comments on the color, most people have never seen the Sarge Green.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Dude....... it is awesome!!!!
Right?! I skipped the JK model but know the feeling going from a TJ to the JL. The difference was night and day in comfort, fit and finish.

Congrats, welcome to the club and I think you’re going to love your unicorn. Not many 2 door’s in the area.

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Right?! I skipped the JK model but know the feeling going from a TJ to the JL. The difference was night and day in comfort, fit and finish.

Congrats, welcome to the club and I think you’re going to love your unicorn. Not many 2 door’s in the area.
The jump from JK to JL is amazing so I can only imagine the jump from earlier models! This may be silly but other than the off road tech I purchased I’m the most excited that my phone can plug into it and stream music.

rubiRI77

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
Fairly new member here.
This is our 4th Jeep, and by far the nicest yet!
Anyway... Hello From Rhode Island

MIKEY51

First Name
mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubi JL 2 dr
Occupation
Aroespace
New to the Forum... Just wanted to say hi from Northern Colorado (Windsor) I went to my first Easter Jeep Safari in 1995. Gunned on trails for years with
RR4W club. I've had quite a few builds, (5 Rubis since 2003) now I'm back to a stock 2 dr. Rubi. I hit Ouray and Moab at least once a year. Used to have a house at Wilson arch MM100 rt 191. Like a dope I sold it. Looking to get to know everyone

RubiBlueJLU

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel (on order)
Hey all! New to the forum.

I am upgrading from a 2001 TJ Sport, 4.0L 5-spd w/ 184500 miles, that I just sold. 5 years of driving and wheeling in it. Wife wanted a bit bigger, nicer, and quieter, I wanted more capable, so we went all in.

Ordered a new JLUR Diesel in Hydro Blue Clear Coat, on 3-27-2021. Loaded it up with all the goodies. Heard today, 4-1-21, from the dealership. VIN and VON numbers. D1 status. Estimated shipping date is 4-10-2021. PUPMED!

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
Hello everyone, I am excited to be part of this forum and pool of knowledge that I can learn from.

Just a bit about myself and my Jeeps - I am from South Africa but was born and raised in Namibia, I have been off roading 4X4 trails in South Africa for 11 years.

I currently own (According to my Jeep's build sheet) an export spec JL for the South African market. My JL is a 3.6 Rubicon 2-door with the 8-speed auto box, M210 and M220 axles (Non wide), non high raised Rubi fender flares. Rock-Track 4.0.1 transfer case with the Select-Trac 4H Auto function which means it has CVs in the front and not U-Joints, 255/75R17 BFG KM2 rubber, 8.4" infotainment system with the upgraded Alpine sound, Aux switch panel, Euro spec front and rear bumpers with front and rear park distance control.

This is my 4th Wrangler, all Auto's. I had two JK 4-doors a 2.8 Sahara and a 3.6 Rubicon. My 3rd was the JK Rubicon 3.6 2-door 10th anniversary edition and now I have the JL (Since Nov 2020).

I am not a mall crawler or Jeep showcase type and use the Jeep what it is designed for; wheelin' off road 4X4 trails just about every weekend. I have done 15 off road 4X4 trail outings this year.

What do I like most about my JLR? Two things stand out;

1. The 4H Auto Select-Track; Why? It is very efficient on unpaved dirt roads.
2. Front CVs; Why? Much better and smoother power and control off roading (Is that not why people in the US convert to RCVs?). Front CVs is not a downgrade, it is actually a huge upgrade from U-Joints (My opinion).

Happy wheelin' ya all! :)

Last edited:

Azwanderer

First Name
Tony
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th anniversary edition
Hello, all. I recently traded in a 2006 TJ sport on a sarge green 80th anniversary edition JL. I hated letting the TJ go, but it had given me 15 years of problem free driving. Until things starting wearing out faster than I could fix them. It’s a big change with the JL, but I couldn’t be happier. Hopefully I’ll get many years And good times out of this one too. 🙂

Micon

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimted Rubicon 4x4
Hello all, new member here from Maryland (and FL) as we are from MD but it is my son's car and he is going to school in FL. This is his graduation gift from the family. It is an expensive gift but he made it through engineering school with a high gpa. So this was our "job well done" and our gift to sending him on his way in life.

He got a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4x4 Diesel - 4-door - with most of the options. Came with a hard top so we are looking for a soft-top as well as running boards.

I am looking into finding out the top priorities for add-ons for this new vehicle.

What would be the top priorities recommended by you all?

Thanks in advance,

Micon

Tim180A

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK, 2021 JL Unlimited Sport
I just picked up my new JLU Sport. I traded a 2012 JKU Sport that I also bought new. The JL is lightyears ahead of the JK. This thing is amazing! Now, what should I upgrade first...

NewJeepWrangler.jpg

Advertisement

Bestop

Advertisement