Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Rubicon JL 6 Speed
Hello everyone!
Purchased a 2021 2 Door Rubicon with 6 Speed and only factory options are Sting-Gray and Mud Tires last week. Very excited for it and am planning many adventures with it. First will be Pee Wee's Crossing, Missouri’s Guard Rail, Fun Run, Snake, Rubicon Ridge and Tread Lightly! Four Wheel Drive Way in Ocala (I am actually somewhat familiar with this one and I am pretty sure vey little of this trail is actually legal to drive on anymore).

I travel for work, currently in Kansas and haven't yet picked up the Jeep. It's already paid for waiting for me at the dealer and looking to get it the first chance I can. Very excited for it, always wanted one since high school. This Jeep won't be a daily driver or commuter in anyway. Used strictly for pleasure drives and road trips. I don't initially plan on much mods and will replace what I feel is needed. I know I will install red leather Katzkin and Alpine PSS-23WRA (I prefer under seat sub location). I also want to install onboard air compressor. But beyond that, it will be as needed. I assume bumpers with winch and better skid plates is the area I see the need for improvement from research. I'm not sure about lift, being the Rubicon apparently fits 35's from the factory. I will not change the wheels, really like the stock base wheels.

Hope to see you on the trails and learn from those more experience... I haven't had a off-road vehicle in while, previously had a Isuzu Trooper and various F-150's.

Advertisement

Last edited:

Shellbell67

First Name
Shelly
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU, 2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary Ed
Hello, I just recently traded my 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Upland, best known as Betty, for a 2021 JLU. I wasn't quite sure I made the right choice as first, but every day since I bought it, I LOVE IT MORE AND MORE!!! I'm already shopping for some upgrades, not too crazy, but enough to make it mine, for now that is LOL Haven't decided on a name yet either
Jeep1.jpg

RanchoShocks

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Hey guys. Matt with Rancho here. Been around in the past, then 2020 came around. Things... get crazy. But we are back helping folks get the ride they want for their JL's.
Feel free to PM us if you have questions.
Talk soon
Matt

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Rubicon JL 6 Speed
Hello everyone!
Purchased a 2021 2 Door Rubicon with 6 Speed and only factory options are Sting-Gray and Mud Tires last week. Very excited for it and am planning many adventures with it. First will be Pee Wee's Crossing, Missouri’s Guard Rail, Fun Run, Snake, Rubicon Ridge and Tread Lightly! Four Wheel Drive Way in Ocala (I am actually somewhat familiar with this one and I am pretty sure vey little of this trail is actually legal to drive on anymore).

I travel for work, currently in Kansas and haven't yet picked up the Jeep. It's already paid for waiting for me at the dealer and looking to get it the first chance I can. Very excited for it, always wanted one since high school. This Jeep won't be a daily driver or commuter in anyway. Used strictly for pleasure drives and road trips. I don't initially plan on much mods and will replace what I feel is needed. I know I will install red leather Katzkin and Alpine PSS-23WRA (I prefer under seat sub location). I also want to install onboard air compressor. But beyond that, it will be as needed. I assume bumpers with winch and better skid plates is the area I see the need for improvement from research. I'm not sure about lift, being the Rubicon apparently fits 35's from the factory. I will not change the wheels, really like the stock base wheels.

Hope to see you on the trails and learn from those more experience... I haven't had a off-road vehicle in while, previously had a Isuzu Trooper and various F-150's.
Finally was able to get some down days at work to get my Jeep. Really like it, will take some time to get use to driving a manual again. It's been a good 10 years and I guess I find myself wanting to be in a higher gear initially or skip from 2nd to 5th. But towards the end the trip back I was getting the hang of things again.

tempImagexlV5Rd.png

TheConquerorWorm

First Name
Rusty S.
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, ordered ('21 JLUR)
Occupation
Trouble Maker
Hi. Just joined today. I have a JLUR on order as of 3/20/21. If anyone knows of meet-ups or good clubs in Massachusetts please feel free to send me that way!

Last edited:

drtman2

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Hello All,
Ordered a Sarge Green JL on 3/19 vin on 3/21. This will be my first Civilian jeep to drive. I have had other 4wheel drives and spent plenty of time in Hum-v, 2 1/2 ton and 5 Ton trucks in green though. I live in East Texas now, but have lived in Utah, Georgia, Oklahoma,, Korea and Germany.

Tread Lightly
Rick

TACO4ME

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Hello all,
Never owned a Jeep, but that will be corrected soon. Just put my order in for a JLU Rubicon last week. I've had every other type of 4x4 since I could drive but always deemed it impractical to not have a truck. Wife now has a Silverado so practicality is solved.

As they say.... there's no hitch on the hearse.....enjoy life while you can!

Acf130

First Name
Alex
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Hi folks. Happy to be here! Proud owner of a 21 JLR manual in Tampa, FL. Love the new Jeep and can’t wait to hit the trails. My Dad owned a TJ while we lived overseas back in the 90s and I wanted a Jeep ever since.

21 Willys

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys Sarge Green
Howdy folks,
Traded a 2013 JK Sport stick shift for a 2021 Willys auto transmission on Monday. Gonna take some time to learn the electronics in this new one. Looking forward to many years of enjoyment from the new ride.

llaslo

First Name
Peter
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
VP Information Technology
Hello everyone! I'm new here. Many years ago I had a YJ & TJ, but had to get out of my jeeps for awhile due to carseats, pregnant wife, etc. :) Anyway, I just recently got back into a Jeep, and I coudln't be more excited! I purchased a brand new 2021 JLU Rubicon. It's got the 3.6L + 6-Speed manual transmission! I can't wait to start the build.
Image from iOS (3).jpg

RT-Stocker

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Wrangler JK, 1999 Cherokee XJ
Hi Everyone... a new member here, from the Los Angeles area... if there's such thing as a Green Jeep addiction, then I think I may be guilty. Owning a 2008 JK 2DR Rubicon in Rescue Green, a 1999 Cherokee XJ Sport in Forest Green, and just recently ordered a JLU Rubicon in Sarge Green & now just patiently waiting for any updates on that rig. Very thankful for this JL Wrangler community and appreciate all the members who have contributed to this forum with valuable information, so that us new JL owners can benefit from.

Advertisement

Smart Stop Start

Advertisement