Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

zznalg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S manual
Hi All, name's Robert. Been a Jeep guy since '87 when I bought the first year Wrangler. Since then, I've had a TJ, a 2012 JKU Sport and the current '16 JK Willys. I'm liking what I'm seeing on the JL/JLU. Looks like I'll trade in the Willys later in 2018. Either a Sahara or Rubicon. I'll be looking to set up the vehicle more for overland than rock crawling. Maybe into the diesel especially if it has more range than the other motors. Anyway, this site is great and has already proved to be almost addictive to me. Very excited about learning more about the JL. Great people on this site too! Thanks.
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Hi All, name's Robert. Been a Jeep guy since '87 when I bought the first year Wrangler. Since then, I've had a TJ, a 2012 JKU Sport and the current '16 JK Willys. I'm liking what I'm seeing on the JL/JLU. Looks like I'll trade in the Willys later in 2018. Either a Sahara or Rubicon. I'll be looking to set up the vehicle more for overland than rock crawling. Maybe into the diesel especially if it has more range than the other motors. Anyway, this site is great and has already proved to be almost addictive to me. Very excited about learning more about the JL. Great people on this site too! Thanks.
Welcome aboard! It just so happens that a Rubicon, which is a great rock crawler, happens to be almost perfect for overlanding, too. It has what it needs to get you out of that really tough situation you might find once in awhile, with confidence, but it isn't built like an over the top dedicated off roader. You can drive 20+ hours in comfort, then hit really tough trails. It does everything very well, and nothing badly. I wonder if the Sahara, with the Selec-Trak, isn't a great choice, too. In crap weather, that full time all wheel drive would be nice. Tough choice! I'm glad you have to suffer through making it instead of me! Lol!

dong dong dong

First Name
Zhang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Benz
Hi all, I am zhang from China, who knows when 2018 Jeep can be exported to China? envy you guys can spend less money on this vehicle, because of import tax, the price of 2017 sahara 3.0L in China is about 65000 usd, rubicon 3.6L is about 80000 usd. :angry:

JayV

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 Ford Expedition EL 4x4
Been lurking a while. Got my JLUR ordered last week so decided to join. Got VIN yesterday. Can't wait! This site has been an amazing resource. Thanks to all who have made such great contributions.

PhoenixM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GR86, 2023 Wrangler JLURD
Jeff here. Retired Navy working overseas in Italy, still supporting our troops down range, and ships, subs, and aircraft on this side of the globe. The JLUR will be our first Wrangler and I'm getting pretty excited about it.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all, I am zhang from China, who knows when 2018 Jeep can be exported to China? envy you guys can spend less money on this vehicle, because of import tax, the price of 2017 sahara 3.0L in China is about 65000 usd, rubicon 3.6L is about 80000 usd. :angry:
What part of China are you from?
Jeff here. Retired Navy working overseas in Italy, still supporting our troops down range, and ships, subs, and aircraft on this side of the globe. The JLUR will be our first Wrangler and I'm getting pretty excited about it.
Thank you for serving our country, sir!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Been lurking a while. Got my JLUR ordered last week so decided to join. Got VIN yesterday. Can't wait! This site has been an amazing resource. Thanks to all who have made such great contributions.
Welcome! What date did you place your order? What color?

USAFChiefret

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2018 Wrangler Rubicon in Ocean Blue on May 4th
Occupation
Retired
Seems like membership is growing nicely lately but I didn't see an intro thread, so I'll start!

I'm Rob from NY. I daily a Grand Cherokee and got a project TJ SE that I've had for years and will hopefully keep forever. Was considering a JKU as a weekend outdoor activity car for the family, but figured the JL Unlimited is right around the corner so why not wait. Happy to be here for the last few months following all the great news and coverage of the JL Wrangler.

USAFChiefret

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2018 Wrangler Rubicon in Ocean Blue on May 4th
Occupation
Retired
Hello,

My wife, Sheryl and I are both retired. We are full time RVing. We are going to order a new 2018 Rubicon JL as soon as orders are accepted. We look forward to towing the Jeep around the US and hitting as many trails as possible. Our plans for 2018 are the Southwest and Pacific Coast. We are currently staying in the Cocoa Beach, Florida area for the winter months.

Glad we found this forum!

Bob

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hello,

My wife, Sheryl and I are both retired. We are full time RVing. We are going to order a new 2018 Rubicon JL as soon as orders are accepted. We look forward to towing the Jeep around the US and hitting as many trails as possible. Our plans for 2018 are the Southwest and Pacific Coast. We are currently staying in the Cocoa Beach, Florida area for the winter months.

Glad we found this forum!

Bob
Welcome, Bob! That sounds like my dream retirement! I hope you fulfill all your dreams, and thank you for serving our country!

Sponsored

Knightowl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Kyle here. Born and raised on Long Island NY, but living a little south of Stockholm in Sweden. I was looking at a JK Rubi recently, but I've been having problems getting one with just the standard Rubi items on it, let alone everything I want on it here in Sweden. Now because JL is around the corner, I'm thinking about seeing if I can order one from here with everything I want on it.

iflyimpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0T, JLU Sport S
Hi all, from the Metro Detroit Area. The upcoming JLU brought me here and I'm looking into getting my first ever Wrangler after my current lease is up, hoping to buy this time. I fell in love with these things when my wife and I rented one on our honeymoon in Maui. Got to drive an unlimited 4 door all day long up and down the Hana highway and been in love with it ever since. Now with the upcoming JLU and all the pics I've been seeing, I'm obsessed with this thing! Browsing through the forums it seems like an awesome community and I look forward to learning a lot from you all!

Eight

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Highlander, 2014 Ford Focus, 2007 Chevy Avalanche, 2016 Tiffin Bus
Hey everyone. Glad I found this site. I am retired and my wife and I travel quite a lot in a Tiffin Allegro Bus. I currently tow a Ford Focus but have been waiting for what seems forever to replace it with an Unlimited JL. We do not do hard core off roading, but past Wranglers have been excellent tow vehicles. I want the new Jeep to get the updated interior and electronics. I will order or purchase a loaded Sahara , hopefully with the power top. My wife is handicapped so to ease entry I will add after market power running boards. Looking for a March delivery. Initially, I wanted a diesel, but cannot wait any longer!

Ron
Sponsored