Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aspiring 45y/o college kid
Newbie to the Jeep world... thanks to my wonderful 16 year old daughter who didn't mind me finally getting my dream "car", while she takes the 2012 GMC Acadia Denali, aka The Mom Mobile!

I am so excited to join the group to learn everything Jeep! In my first week, I have replaced the stock antenna and the hubs just put on my RedRock 4 x 4 Pinnacle Side Step Bars. Love how they turned out!

Side Steps.jpg

In the reflection you can see my other passion, golf! ;)

Now, I have to wait for another pay check cycle to buy WeatherTech Floor Liners...question, where have people bought them from? Directly from WeatherTech or other places like Extreme Terrain?

Thanks!
I’m pretty sure they have MAP pricing (meaning they don’t authorize their distributors to assess discounts). My last 3-4 vehicles I’ve ordered them all from Weathertech directly.

Congrats on your awesome new Jeep!

Advertisement

LadyJeeper

First Name
Andrea
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Teacher
I’m pretty sure they have MAP pricing (meaning they don’t authorize their distributors to assess discounts). My last 3-4 vehicles I’ve ordered them all from Weathertech directly.

Congrats on your awesome new Jeep!
Thanks! I thought going directly with WeatherTech would be the way to go!

Vinny1

First Name
Vince
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, 2002 Pontiac Trans am WS6
Hello, First time Jeep owner. Just got a 2020 Unlimited JL Sport S 3.6L auto. Traded my 2018 Ram Laramie because of issues with it and the local dealers couldn't seem to or didn't want to acknowledge. Very impressed with the ride quality of the jeep and has alot of basic power features. Very fun to drive.

Vince

bboyk

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2016 Siverado; formerly 61 Vette, 67 Camaro, 02 Vette
Occupation
Futures exchanges start-up executive
If you haven't purchased Weather Tech yet, look at Rugged Ridge. Half the price and fit perfectly.

rodend

First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL ecoDiesel
Hey All!

First time Jeep owner. Went all in with a 2020 Sahara ecoDiesel in Billet Silver. Traded in my FCA car, an Alfa Romeo Stelvio. The Jeep is a totally different feel, and I love it. Went with the one touch sky-power roof too, which I’m finding I like far more than I thought

mismith

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 YJ, 2016 JKU
Hello, New to the forum. Not new to Jeeps though. I currently have my old Malibu Yellow ‘92 YJ (4.0/5spd) and a Rhino 2016 JKU (6spd) that we bought new.

Looking to trade the JKU in on a 2021 Hella Yella 2 door Rubicon. It all depends if I can get the 3.6 (Non etorque) with the Auto? Right now it looks like FCA wants to force an etorque Hybrid on us.

That won’t happen. If they stay stupid on that decision then we will be looking for a 2018-20. But looking forward to getting back to a 2 door. I just never warmed up to the JKU.

We are in NC close to Albemarle.

Michael

MallBrawler

First Name
Pete
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JKR, '19 JLUS, 19 JLUSS, Model S100D
Occupation
Jeep Caretaker
Dropping in to say Hello! Here's my '19 GC JLUSS which I am about to trade in for a custom order '21 JLUR. Long story short, I picked up my first Wrangler ('18 JKR) two years ago, ended up with two '19 JLU's last year, and this month both will be sold for a '21.

The most interesting thing about having a Jeep is that, it doesn't matter if its 4th of july or labor day weekend, the crowds will always stick to pavement... Where we can go, its never crowded! It has been a fun and interesting journey and looking forward to whats to come!

2020-08-23 18.02.20@0.1x.jpg

PALIDN

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2009 Chevy Corvette
Hello folks, Joe here. On my second Jeep, first was a JKU 2012 bought new in 2012. Now have a JLU Sport S, a 2019 purchased new in June 2020.
Not much of a off road guy, just a big fan of Jeeps. Looks like a lot of information to be had here.

BanditXXX

First Name
Dennis
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon 2.0
Greeting from Germany. I always loved Jeeps although it is not always easy to love Jeeps, when you live in Germany (as everything is far more expensive than in the US - especially parts). When I bought my first Jeeps, there haven't been any official dealers here. About 32 years ago I got my first CJ-7. Then there was a red YJ, then a black YJ, then a Grand Cherokee V8, a JKU and now the JLUR. The JKU in the front of the second picture is going to be sold, although i still love it...

The parts on the Rubicon are quite different here in the EU. I already had to switch the front bumper and tires. Now there is still missing the high top fender flares (on the way) and probably the way nicer US Rubicon Hood (which has to be imported from the US).

JLUR1.jpg
JLUR2.jpg

Last edited:
First Name
Kelly
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 WJ Special Edition; 1976 GMC High Sierra 1500
Hey all! I've been reading the forums for a few months now and finally decided I should actually join. Been daily driving the WJ for about 6 years now and figure at nearly 300k miles it's time to look for a new rig.

Currently waiting on the PHEV reveal before doing a custom order Rubicon Unlimited. I'm single with no family as of yet, but after so long with the WJ I don't think I'm ready to give up the cargo space. :CWL:

Left Field

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 ZJ, 67 RS-SS Camaro
Hi,
Pretty new to the forum, but have really appreciated the excellent information and the friendly helpful culture here. My on and off road vehicle has been a surprisingly reliable but well used V8 ZJ for years, but figuring it is time to look for something new. Very few options out there that have solid axles, modest dimensions, decent power (camper towing), and are viable for both on and off road use. Cross-hairs are on a '21 JLURD, which seems to check all the boxes reasonably well. i recall the first scratches and scrapes being a bit painful, but have to remember that rough terrain is the reason it was purchased! Looking forward to the purchase process and spending a lot more time both off the road and on the forum!

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
New to the forum and just picked up my Firecracker Red JL 2.0 yesterday. Been away from Jeeps since I sold my 98 TJ several years ago. Absolutely blown away with the features, performance and fuel economy of the new Jeep

Advertisement

Clayton Offroad

Advertisement