Advertisement

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

xaugievike

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
New guy checking in. '20 Rubicon with the 2.0 ess. she's 2 weeks old today.

Winding road to get here. been rolling around in diesel 1-tons for a while now. had to trade off the '15 dually b/c it was burning coolant and only dollar signs were in front of me with that fix. since we dont haul much any more a jeep (+ utility trailer) was my outside the box solution. been lurking since new and have already learned a ton.

jeep1.jpg

Advertisement

Movenpuck

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 2.0L T
New guy checking in. '20 Rubicon with the 2.0 ess. she's 2 weeks old today.

Winding road to get here. been rolling around in diesel 1-tons for a while now. had to trade off the '15 dually b/c it was burning coolant and only dollar signs were in front of me with that fix. since we dont haul much any more a jeep (+ utility trailer) was my outside the box solution. been lurking since new and have already learned a ton.

jeep1.jpg

congrats Brother

Anonymous

First Name
T
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JLUR
What’s up y’all? Just stopping in to say hi. I recently purchased a new ‘20 Sting-gray JLUR and absolutely love it. Why did I not buy a Jeep sooner, I have no idea. The wife is pissed since I always seem to buy all the accessories I can ( yes, it has already started). I look forward to being part of the this community. Have a great weekend!!
193599C3-8436-48DF-9AB9-B947CA519266.jpeg

mygreenkaw

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
New member checking in, 20 JLU Rubi. Picture from when I brought it home a couple weeks ago. Tops off now installed Lange houst-a-top and built some door storage hangers. It also has a green Spiderwebshade on it now. Just waiting on my CMM mirrors now.

Fun times riding around with the family but need to find some trails to get me feet wet.

20200704_105523.jpg

Kenbike

First Name
Ken
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
New member but have had a few jeeps.
Drove a 90's Cherokee 4 door 4.0, 2015 Grand Cherokee, wife had a 2015 4 door Sarah and traded it in for 2019 4 door Moab. Just purchased a 2020 JL Rubicon soft top in Sting-gray with 2.0.
It is going to be our northern Michigan Jeep.
Planning on adding a front bumper and winch, rear bumper.
Question, if you are running in the woods is it better to use a full width front bumper so if you go wide on a corner and hit a tree you don't take out your steering gear on that side?

First Name
Patrick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Soft Top
Occupation
IT Geek
Hi all,

Been a longtime lurker but finally bit the bullet and joined the club! I had a 04 grand cherokee in school and have always missed it though this seems to help! Any wiser owners have any advice for how to keep the softtop windows scratch free, or is that a pipe dream?

IMG_20200623_181716.jpg
I've been very happy with the Mopar storage bag (https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/soft-window-storage-bag-wrangler-unlimited-jl) at least for when you go topless. With a four door it doesn't take up all that much space behind the rear seats. When you strap it around the rear head rests and then drop them down, it keeps the bag propped up pretty well. The felt dividers in the bag have kept the windows scratch free and nicely protected. Would definitely recommend if you plan on keeping the windows off for extended periods of time.

Movenpuck

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 2.0L T
What’s up y’all? Just stopping in to say hi. I recently purchased a new ‘20 Sting-gray JLUR and absolutely love it. Why did I not buy a Jeep sooner, I have no idea. The wife is pissed since I always seem to buy all the accessories I can ( yes, it has already started). I look forward to being part of the this community. Have a great weekend!!
193599C3-8436-48DF-9AB9-B947CA519266.jpeg
congrats brother,
when I took possession of my first ever Wrangler both my wife and I said the exact same thing. "Why havent we done this before?"
lol

Dono

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Hey everyone!

First Jeep, but have always wanted one. Grew up with a classic Willys tonka toy I played in the sandbox with and still have to this day, it was my father’s. My grandfather had a Willys pickup.

So here’s mine! 2020 JLU Willys. About two weeks owned.
D6E5D693-E4A1-4013-85B1-AE8ABA35318F.jpeg

19213CB0-74A2-476A-85DA-9EBF5E496CFF.jpeg

WiseguyDS

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Hello all. Just a bit about me: I'm recently retired - 26 years in technology and presently reside in the small but fast-growing town of Dripping Springs, TX located about 30 minutes southwest of Austin in what we call the Texas Hill Country. It's a nice area to live with all the hills, streams and lakes. We're not all flat land here in the state but I do live among many cattle ranch land but unfortunately all that land is slowly being sub-divided to make room for neighborhoods.

I've been a Ford F-150 person for a long time. Now that the wife and I sold our travel trailer and have on order a Class-C motorhome that should be ready mid-August which is the reason I traded in the truck for a Jeep Unlimited Sahara. I'm not as rock-crawling as many that I see on the site here, but I am absolutely enjoying reading up on all the modifications and accessories that y'all are doing to your rides.

Glad to be one of the newer members here!

20200709_153950.jpg

20200709_154004.jpg

Movenpuck

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 2.0L T
Hello all. Just a bit about me: I'm recently retired - 26 years in technology and presently reside in the small but fast-growing town of Dripping Springs, TX located about 30 minutes southwest of Austin in what we call the Texas Hill Country. It's a nice area to live with all the hills, streams and lakes. We're not all flat land here in the state but I do live among many cattle ranch land but unfortunately all that land is slowly being sub-divided to make room for neighborhoods.

I've been a Ford F-150 person for a long time. Now that the wife and I sold our travel trailer and have on order a Class-C motorhome that should be ready mid-August which is the reason I traded in the truck for a Jeep Unlimited Sahara. I'm not as rock-crawling as many that I see on the site here, but I am absolutely enjoying reading up on all the modifications and accessories that y'all are doing to your rides.

Glad to be one of the newer members here!

20200709_153950.jpg

20200709_154004.jpg
congrats and enjoy retirement sir

attilars

First Name
Attila Szilagyi
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 3.0 on order, 997.2 S
Hi all,

After years of waiting and many jeep rentals for camping trips, I've finally ordered my own JLUR a few days ago. Going with a diesel (have had BMW diesels for 10 years and loved them). Going to be a bit of a wait, but very excited to be one step closer.

Warped

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2019 Ford F-150 King Ranch, 2020 BMW GS Adventure, 2015 Harley Road Glide Special
Hi there. I'm Tim from Maryland. I've wanted a real Jeep since I was five, according to my mother. However, things happened and I never got one. Almost bought a new CJ-7 in 1985, and have been kicking myself ever since for not getting it. In the 1990s I went off-roading in Nissan pick ups and then a Pathfinder, but still no Jeep. The 2005 CRD Liberty was a total bust and piece of crap that I sold it several years later. My wife, who hated the Jeep idea, passed and I started dating a girlfriend that loves my Harley and loved the Jeep idea, so I traded the wife's car and one of my motorcycles in on a 2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon in Ocean Blue. 35s and wheels are coming to start it off with.

VS2000

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I bought an 08 JKU new and have had it since. It was a good vehicle but was getting to be high mileage. I really liked all the updates that have been done with the JLU so I traded it in for a JLUR this week! Here they are next to each other. Out with the old and in with the new!
IMG_6780.jpeg

LTJ04

First Name
Robert
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Back in a Jeep, at last! 2020 Sports JLU. Had a 2004 Jeep Unlimited but sold it back in 2009. Considered buying another 2004- 06 Unlimited again but the cost for a well maintained Unlimited of that era is crazy. Enjoying reading the forum!
4FF46DBA-30F9-4479-B867-983A4F849D32.jpeg
U
6D080965-DA36-4D61-B9A1-A902594E4CA6.jpeg

Last edited:

Dgr401

First Name
Dennis
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door - Granite Crystal
I will be picking up my first Wrangler in a few hours. It is a 2020 Granite Crystal Sport S 2 door. V6 automatic. I can't wait. Have had a number of 4wd vehicles over the years and my favorite of them was a 1974 Toyota FJ40. That was also my first.

Advertisement

Advertisement