Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

The K-5 in which I installed the Lingenfelter Corvette engine was a '78. I also bought a new '89 K-5 but made the 'mistake' of allowing my son drive it to school on his first day in high school. I think that was the last time I drove it and by the time he graduated from college, it was done. Like you, I really liked K-5s. Your K-15 sounds like a beast. Very cool!
im sorry to hear about the 89. thats rough but im sure my dad felt the same way when we go ride of our blazer after i daily drove it to school. sold it to a cousin in need at the time with 330K miles on the original 350. thing avg. 20 mpg even with the super high mileage.. cheers to the good times! :beer:
Sponsored

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
The K-5 in which I installed the Lingenfelter Corvette engine was a '78. I also bought a new '89 K-5 but made the 'mistake' of allowing my son drive it to school on his first day in high school. I think that was the last time I drove it and by the time he graduated from college, it was done. Like you, I really liked K-5s. Your K-15 sounds like a beast. Very cool!
Man does that bring back memories!
Mine, way back when i was 17, was a '77 K-5, two-tone beige and dark brown. Lifted it lord knows how high, stuffed a set of 44" mudders under it (with a bit of a fender trim). Put a small block, 4 bolt main 350 in it that cranked out 750 ponies, and a 400 Turbo transmission ... about the only thing that didn't eventually grenade was the New Process 205(?) transfer case ... LOL. She sure could fling some serious mud though ... good times :)

Sponsored

xaugievike

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Clubs

New guy checking in. '20 Rubicon with the 2.0 ess. she's 2 weeks old today.

Winding road to get here. been rolling around in diesel 1-tons for a while now. had to trade off the '15 dually b/c it was burning coolant and only dollar signs were in front of me with that fix. since we dont haul much any more a jeep (+ utility trailer) was my outside the box solution. been lurking since new and have already learned a ton.

jeep1.jpg

Movenpuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 2.0L T
New guy checking in. '20 Rubicon with the 2.0 ess. she's 2 weeks old today.

Winding road to get here. been rolling around in diesel 1-tons for a while now. had to trade off the '15 dually b/c it was burning coolant and only dollar signs were in front of me with that fix. since we dont haul much any more a jeep (+ utility trailer) was my outside the box solution. been lurking since new and have already learned a ton.

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! jeep1

congrats Brother

Sponsored

Anonymous

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JLUR
What’s up y’all? Just stopping in to say hi. I recently purchased a new ‘20 Sting-gray JLUR and absolutely love it. Why did I not buy a Jeep sooner, I have no idea. The wife is pissed since I always seem to buy all the accessories I can ( yes, it has already started). I look forward to being part of the this community. Have a great weekend!!
Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! 193599C3-8436-48DF-9AB9-B947CA519266

mygreenkaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
New member checking in, 20 JLU Rubi. Picture from when I brought it home a couple weeks ago. Tops off now installed Lange houst-a-top and built some door storage hangers. It also has a green Spiderwebshade on it now. Just waiting on my CMM mirrors now.

Fun times riding around with the family but need to find some trails to get me feet wet.

20200704_105523.jpg

Kenbike

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
New member but have had a few jeeps.
Drove a 90's Cherokee 4 door 4.0, 2015 Grand Cherokee, wife had a 2015 4 door Sarah and traded it in for 2019 4 door Moab. Just purchased a 2020 JL Rubicon soft top in Sting-gray with 2.0.
It is going to be our northern Michigan Jeep.
Planning on adding a front bumper and winch, rear bumper.
Question, if you are running in the woods is it better to use a full width front bumper so if you go wide on a corner and hit a tree you don't take out your steering gear on that side?

ObtuseMeatball

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Soft Top Firecracker Red
Occupation
IT Nerd
Hi all,

Been a longtime lurker but finally bit the bullet and joined the club! I had a 04 grand cherokee in school and have always missed it though this seems to help! Any wiser owners have any advice for how to keep the softtop windows scratch free, or is that a pipe dream?

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! 20200704_105523
I've been very happy with the Mopar storage bag (https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/soft-window-storage-bag-wrangler-unlimited-jl) at least for when you go topless. With a four door it doesn't take up all that much space behind the rear seats. When you strap it around the rear head rests and then drop them down, it keeps the bag propped up pretty well. The felt dividers in the bag have kept the windows scratch free and nicely protected. Would definitely recommend if you plan on keeping the windows off for extended periods of time.

Movenpuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 2.0L T
What’s up y’all? Just stopping in to say hi. I recently purchased a new ‘20 Sting-gray JLUR and absolutely love it. Why did I not buy a Jeep sooner, I have no idea. The wife is pissed since I always seem to buy all the accessories I can ( yes, it has already started). I look forward to being part of the this community. Have a great weekend!!
Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! 20200704_105523
congrats brother,
when I took possession of my first ever Wrangler both my wife and I said the exact same thing. "Why havent we done this before?"
lol
Sponsored