Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

KC-JLUR

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Controller
New to the forum, not to Jeeps. On my third Unlimited. Started in an 08 JKUX... then moved to a 14 Freedom Edition... now the 18 JLUR. OK, I may have an addiction problem!!!

IMG_5735.jpg

fullsizeoutput_b58.jpeg

IMG_5733.jpg

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
New to the forum, not to Jeeps. On my third Unlimited. Started in an 08 JKUX... then moved to a 14 Freedom Edition... now the 18 JLUR. OK, I may have an addiction problem!!!

IMG_5735.jpg

fullsizeoutput_b58.jpeg

IMG_5733.jpg
We’re all Jeep addicts Kev, I traded in a 17 JK for a 19 JL (Sky One Touch). Welcome to the forum buddy.

7378957D-AE09-4185-B68A-206872ECB099.jpeg

7493D3D6-9BF0-4725-9798-70FCA98BE5ED.jpeg

islandjeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'85 Cherokee, '91 Jeep YJ
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Zorba

I've made a few posts in other threads, but might as well pop in here. I'm wanting a Jeep - just not sure of the what/how/when of it as yet. I want to be able to do "mild to moderate" offroading, not necessarily Rubicon class rock crawling - but who knows how this may develop over time? I'm in a bit of a conundrum - way I see it, I have three choices:

1) Buy new. I really don't like new vehicles - I don't like all the expensive, unreliable, and unnecessary "technology". I don't like what I consider to be luxury items that are almost impossible to avoid in the N. American car market, and I don't like the high prices which are largely engendered by same. But, if I were to go this way, it would definitely be the Willys Sport, its mostly devoid of luxury items, seems setup for "mild to moderate" offroading from the factory, and the "technology" is minimal.
2) Buy used. Very attractive to me - but finding "the right Jeep" may be a challenge. Lets me completely avoid "technology", as does...
3) Build up from parts. Very attractive as well, but frankly, I'm just not up to major projects at this time in my life. I've done enough of them in the past, and I'm kinda tired. But I know I'd want a SM-420 tranny if I were to go this way - and my heart would love a GMC big block V6 in front of it, BUT said engine is VERY heavy, not something particularly advantageous in a Jeep. So I'd probably go with the I-6 or a Diesel of one sort or another. I actually saw a Jeep with a Mercedes OM-617A turbo diesel in it - an engine I'm intimately familiar with, but I also know its non-trivial to install that particular engine in a Jeep (Oil pan clearance issues), so that particular vehicle kind of scares me - and I'm not ready yet anyway.

So I'm learning about the JL, and mulling over my options...

Last edited by a moderator:

jmcallister

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Hello Jeepers! I'm new to the forum but not to Jeeps. I've done a great deal of research through this forum and thought I'd join as a member :) I've had 7 Jeep vehicles and recently bought my 2019 Rubicon JLU. I'm stoked to build it from top to bottom and will start a build thread once I really get going.

For now... greetings from SOCAL!

IMG_0937.jpg

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Everyone

Names Vince new to jeep life and to the forum. Looking forward to hitting the trails and meeting the community. I’ve had my 2019 JLU since Nov and have been enjoying it ever since.

0C832AA5-59EF-41C4-9A07-E47BFC706354.jpeg

16A9AC62-31DC-4569-83AC-4125C75AED45.jpeg
Hi Vince, welcome aboard buddy. Jeep looks great!

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Sure Jeepers might have seen this but here is FYI.
Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2018-2020 Jeep Wrangler vehicles equipped with automatic transmissions. The clutch pressure plate may overheat and fracture. The remedy for this recall is still under development.
The recall is expected to begin April 22, 2020.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

whiskey jack

First Name
marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl
Hi folks, not new to jeeps, but new to the JL. Ordered my 2dr rubicon back in Feb, got is last week. Ordered from Lake Norman Jeep in NC. Would not recommend them even to my enemies. Bad experience.

Traded in a ZR2 after chevy couldn't get the DEF system to work right. Loved the diesel motor, hated the emissions system. Mines a 3.6 because I had one in the JK and never had a problem. I was surprised on the drive home by the responsiveness of the motor and auto combo. I don't remember the JK being this peppy, even before the lift and tires.

I ordered the saddle brown leather and really like it, also love the matte black grill on the white jeep. Anyway, thanks all for the tips and tricks already. I remember how miserable it was to mod on vehicles before forums, you all have already made my life easier, hope to return the favor.

702SaharaJL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Bikini Blue
Hello all! New to the forum, so I should probably check in!

From Las Vegas, just bought a 2018 JLU Sahara Mojito!

Looks like I have a lot of learning to do and another job to get!
Sponsored