Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
New member here! I've been looking over the site, lots of great info and jeeps. I own a 2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon. Working on some basic mods. Thx.
Welcome. Congrats on your new Jeep! Need pics or it didn't happen!!! ;)

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Howdy!

Last Friday I came across what I thought was a pretty good deal, and got a new 2018 JL sport with the only upgrades being the 2.0l engine, 8speed auto, and Sirius xm. Ended up off the lot with $25,539 OTD. Been searching for over a year and a half and finally committed. Wife drives a 15 renegade trail hawk which we also love! Glad to be a part of this community and look forward to learning from the wealth of knowledge on this site!

Happy trails!

2C790102-C3CF-45B5-A6B9-8CCFDCBAEAEC.jpeg
Woo! Smokin good price!

JoeRubi

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
Hello! Just picked up my 2018 JLU Rubicon this weekend. I have had a CJ7 back in the day and a TJ but it has been a while and I am excited to be back in the jeep. I did get the 2.0. Took it on my first commute this morning to work and loved it on the highway. So one upgrade I was looking to do was a dual pipe exhaust. I won't be doing extensive hard core 4 wheeling just some lighter trails here and there. Any recommendations, I am not looking to wake up the neighbors just a good low rumble.

Love the site! Thanks
jeep.jpg

Sponsored

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
I introduced myself a couple pages back, but of course, no piccy, no Jeep...so here's mine. Sport 2 door with 3.6, auto tran, hard top, a/c, lsd, A/T tires. I pulled the rear seat as soon as I got home.
Jeep.jpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Hi everybody,

I thought I would say hello in this thread. I got my JL 2door Rubicon 2 weeks ago and have been loving it so far. I posted a picture of it in another thread when I received it. I have had the front part of the hardtop off as often as I can, and have driven on a couple of the forest service roads to reach some hiking trails I never knew exist. I might follow up this weekend here with a picture of it on one of the trails I will drive. I previously had an Alfa Romeo Guilia as my main daily driver, and I am slowly getting used to the drastic difference in driving feel.

My intention is to keep it fairly stock, which is why I went for the Rubicon, but obviously plans can change quickly and I have already had way too many ideas from this forum to be able to fund. Given how often I have the top off I am considering getting a bikini top or some other mesh top to at least shield for the sun a bit and also to use when I do not want to lug around the panels in their travel bag.

I have only removed the full back hardtop section once so far, but given I am in an apartment and do not have a good place to put it when I take it off I tend to keep it on most of the time (plus it is not a one person job). I have been considering placing it in the living room of my apartment with wood or cinder blocks on one end for support and to use it as a coffee table or something during the summer, however I feel like this type of use might actually damage the hard top ... though who knows this idea is sounding more appealing to me each day. Then again if it does rain for awhile here it would be annoying to no longer have a coffee table

Here is a picture of the Jeep after a trip onto some of the trails this weekend
jeep.jpeg

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Hi folks.

I've decided to hang out here a bit, to learn a little bit more about what it is like to own a JL Wrangler. My wife has expressed interest in owning one, despite having no interest in removing the top, or driving off road. What can I say, she likes distinct looking vehicles, that come in fun colours. We took one for a test drive together, and she was very happy with it. Though she did notice a little wander in the steering, she felt the vehicle was comfortable, and enjoyable to drive. Her current ride is a 2012 Mini Countryman S.

Personally, I do have an interest in off road driving, though unfortunately, don't live very close to any legal 4x4 trails. I was excited when my wife expressed interest in owning a Wrangler, but was less excited when I learned how much a new, well equipped Sahara costs. Maybe in a few years, we will be able to make the finances work, or maybe we'll never end up with a Wrangler in the driveway. Time will tell.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Hi folks.

I've decided to hang out here a bit, to learn a little bit more about what it is like to own a JL Wrangler. My wife has expressed interest in owning one, despite having no interest in removing the top, or driving off road. What can I say, she likes distinct looking vehicles, that come in fun colours. We took one for a test drive together, and she was very happy with it. Though she did notice a little wander in the steering, she felt the vehicle was comfortable, and enjoyable to drive. Her current ride is a 2012 Mini Countryman S.

Personally, I do have an interest in off road driving, though unfortunately, don't live very close to any legal 4x4 trails. I was excited when my wife expressed interest in owning a Wrangler, but was less excited when I learned how much a new, well equipped Sahara costs. Maybe in a few years, we will be able to make the finances work, or maybe we'll never end up with a Wrangler in the driveway. Time will tell.
Agreed that the Wrangler is a one-of-a-kind vehicle with no real equal. It's amazing how it's held on to it's uniqueness while most other vehicles have homogenized to the point of obscurity. We had considered Wranglers for many years but it was always just out of reach. Finally being able to get what we wanted we have loved the Jeep! We don't get off-road as much as we'd like but it's awesome no matter where you take it. We have zero regrets. As long as you are aware of and accept the compromises a vehicle such as the Wrangler require it's hard to go wrong.

There are very few vehicles that can make a trip to the grocery store an adventure. No other vehicle makes you an open target for total strangers to come up and tell you their wrangler stories. And yes, very few vehicles can pull off the fun colors like a Wrangler can. We went with Punk'n. Never considered it right up until we saw it in the lot and it was love at first sight. We drove her home the same day.

Good luck to you and hope you find a Wrangler in your not too distant future (if the Wrangler is indeed calling to you and yours! ;) )

IMG_1206.JPG

Sponsored

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Agreed that the Wrangler is a one-of-a-kind vehicle with no real equal. It's amazing how it's held on to it's uniqueness while most other vehicles have homogenized to the point of obscurity. We had considered Wranglers for many years but it was always just out of reach. Finally being able to get what we wanted we have loved the Jeep! We don't get off-road as much as we'd like but it's awesome no matter where you take it. We have zero regrets. As long as you are aware of and accept the compromises a vehicle such as the Wrangler require it's hard to go wrong.

There are very few vehicles that can make a trip to the grocery store an adventure. No other vehicle makes you an open target for total strangers to come up and tell you their wrangler stories. And yes, very few vehicles can pull off the fun colors like a Wrangler can. We went with Punk'n. Never considered it right up until we saw it in the lot and it was love at first sight. We drove her home the same day.

Good luck to you and hope you find a Wrangler in your not too distant future (if the Wrangler is indeed calling to you and yours! ;) )
It's so odd to me that no other brand has been able to make a business case for taking on the Wrangler head to head. The Wrangler is not exactly a small volume seller. I'll admit, I'm really interested to see how the Ford Bronco turns out, as it is shaping up to be the only thing that will be roughly comparable for some buyers. It's looking like the Bronco will be on sale before we are in position to buy our next vehicle. If my wife likes the styling, it could be an option.

Congratulation on finally getting into a Jeep after a long wait. The Punk'n colour is awesome. I previously owned an "Inferno Orange" GMC Canyon, and I loved that colour.

JLBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL-Sport
Occupation
GWOT Life
Owned a 2013 JK sport (white). 48K glorious miles and I sold it the summer of 2016. Tried 3 different vehicles: GTI, Camaro and Cadillac sedan. Wasn't happy with all three. Through the the GTI was the most pleasurably to drive (imagine that). Was going to get a 2018 JL, then heard about all the issues. Waited for a late build 2019, and purchased it on the 4th of July! Fingers crossed no issues thus far and really, really happy with the ride.

JLBLUE

gatefable

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Hello! Another newbie here and a new Jeep owner. I've driven friend's Jeeps before and my brothers kept telling me to get one but never knew I would love it this much! In September I bought a 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport, Ocean Blue, I'm always cold so I got the cold weather package, I've gotten the rims powder coated black, blacked out the lettering, added a black distressed flag logo to the hood, changed headlights to LED and added LED halos to them, added red LED ring to spare tire, and have so much more planned. These are the happiest money pits ever, I spend more on my Jeep than I spend on my kids and I'm ok with that! :LOL: So many searches I did with my husband for ideas led back to this forum, glad to be aboard.
Jeep.jpg

noregrets605

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Dodge Viper GTS, Honda Pilot
Hey everyone! Just wanted to take a moment to say hi. Been lurking since well before I got my JL.. heck, since before the JL even launched! Got the opportunity to pick up a beautiful, used black 2018 JLUR with only 5k miles. Their loss was my gain!

I'm looking forward to the Jeep Life! (Sorry for the poor pic - not a photographer! :facepalm:)
my j.jpg
Sponsored