Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

bturleysc

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Thought I would officially introduce myself. I just moved to Myrtle Beach, SC after living in AZ for the past 20 years. My wife and I decided to relocate here a couple of years ago. To make a long story short, she recently decided that she didn't want to move here and is divorcing me. The only thing that really bothers me about that is I had to get rid of my car. I went from driving this:

hellcat-jpg.jpg

To this:

driveway-jpg.jpg

It's a huge difference but I have no regrets. I like the Jeep so far. I figure I might actually have more fun in the Jeep rather than the Hellcat here anyway.

Brett
Sponsored

StacRio

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bikini Pearl 2DR Turbo Sport 2010 Mango Tango JKU 2004 Grand Cherokee
Thought it was about time to introduce myself.

In 2011 i walked into the Chrysler Dealership to buy me an unlimited. It would have been my first 4x4.... which i have always wanted. After some sticker shock, struggling with the three car seats just to take a test drive and then the dealership wanting over sticker. I tucked my tail between my legs and got a dodge nitro 4x4 for $17,120.... It didn't even have cruise control. I spent the next 8 years pretending that nitro was the baddest thing ever. Some fake beadlocks and 33's that never rubbed going straight.

Last Saturday (11:00 am) at 150,000 miles, with the investment of 6 oil changes, missing flares, 7 sets of tires and new plugs waiting to be installed in the glove box (since atleast 2016), needing her 4th windshield replaced. She puked her last quart of oil.

I jumped on the old web and found out a Jeep Dealership 2 miles away has a new 2018 on the lot for an unbelievable price.
I poured everything into that car to limp her there (literally)....... as i pull up, i see a couple taking things and putting into that Jeep (sold).

Of course salesman swarm, i asked if that was that 2018 on the net and they give me the whole line that we can make you a better deal on a 2019..... I was really stuck because the nitro just belched everything i put in her to make it there.

They hand me off to another salesman after a while.... Its around 2:00... i know the banks are fixing to close and i dont want to pay for an uber trip to get back and forth to work (120 miles round trip ) until the next Saturday. I decide to find the ugliest Wrangler there and plea my case.

I found the ugliest, mismatched wrangler ever. The dirt around the wheels showed it hasnt moved in a very long time. That's my huckleberry.
They eventually found the keys and prepared it to move.
Come to find out it was a 2018, been on that lot for 14 months and they didn't even know it was there.
No window sticker, i had to get that from Mopar.

4:15 PM on July 6th, they handed me my keys.

This has been a long road.

jeep 3.jpg

jeep 4.jpg

Jeep 5.jpg

jeep 1.jpg
Congrats!!!

I have a 2010 JKU. Her engine blew and we need to replace it. Not her, just the engine. I did place an order for a 2019 JL 2dr turbo sport back on 5/30. Still waiting on it to show at the dealer. I'm afraid of financing because we have 1 car pmt now and I'm not trading anything. But if it all falls through, I have the down payment to use to get a replacement engine and start that project. (The repair is on hold until we see how this new Jeep thing plays out.)

MVdolluh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
IT
Hey everyone!

The first time I laid eyes on the JL I knew Iā€™d have one. I came from a 2010 Tacoma that I loved. I recently moved from California to Missouri, it was time to let the truck go and finally get what Iā€™ve been wanting for the last couple years or so. Just last week I picked up my first ever Jeep and went with a 2019 Unlimited Sport S! Iā€™m so excited and love it already. I follow all the big YouTube channels and have been a lurker for some time here on the forums! Excited to continue to learn more about this vehicle!

A0593005-77BC-4107-9010-94734DEF8ACD.jpeg

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Hi from the UK!

Just recently returned from 3weeks in UT/CO/NM and AZ hitting up some road trip vibes, National Parks and so on (we love the southwest) and finally decided to take the plunge after seeing so many cool Jeeps on our travels. We had been looking at modded Land Rover Defenders too but the JL has definitely won our hearts!

Weā€™ll be looking at a Rubicon (4-dr) purchase, and we are lucky enough to have the Mojito 2-dr ā€˜demoā€™ car on loan from our local dealer for 24hrs to see how we like it! Yes, the sun IS out in the UK and Iā€™ve started to dismantle it already :)

Weā€™re leaning toward Billet Silver and the petrol engine. No vehicles in that spec coming in anytime soon so guessing weā€™ll have a fair wait-time on our hands but itā€™ll be worth it to have the colour/trim options that we want.

Will have some questions for you guys regarding wheels, tires and steps/rails and whatnot in the fullness of time which I hope youā€™ll be able to help with....

Iā€™ll check back in once weā€™re all signed up and the waiting has begun....

Cheers to all!
Danny
Hi Danny

Welcome to the forum from another UK member.

This forum is a great source of information and largely friendly advice.

Youā€™ll need to understand the differences between a US Rubicon and the export models before spending too much money.

Hope your wait isnā€™t too long. I bought a demonstrator to avoid the delay.....Itā€™s the spec and colour, Mojito!, I would have chosen anyway.

Youā€™ll be joining a small group of owners in the UK. Iā€™ve had mine for 5 months and yet to see another JL on the roads.

I see youā€™re in Sussex...Horsham Jeep seem to get good reviews and recommendations. Most Jeep dealerships donā€™t!

stormyguy

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS (Nitrous Blue)
Hi Danny

Welcome to the forum from another UK member.

This forum is a great source of information and largely friendly advice.

Youā€™ll need to understand the differences between a US Rubicon and the export models before spending too much money.

Hope your wait isnā€™t too long. I bought a demonstrator to avoid the delay.....Itā€™s the spec and colour, Mojito!, I would have chosen anyway.

Youā€™ll be joining a small group of owners in the UK. Iā€™ve had mine for 5 months and yet to see another JL on the roads.

I see youā€™re in Sussex...Horsham Jeep seem to get good reviews and recommendations. Most Jeep dealerships donā€™t!
Hey there, thanks for the reply!

Yup down here in the sunny south east and been speaking to the guys in Tunbridge Wells. Have to say Iā€™ve been very well looked after so far.

I hear you on the research - Iā€™ve carried out a fair amount of this, particularly on the (many and varied) differences between what we are ā€œallowedā€ to have over here and what you can spec in the US....!! A little frustrating but hey, it is what it is.

This forum looks pretty friendly and certainly very active which is good. I had Mitsubishi Evos for 8 years and we had a fantastic owners forum where I was always pleased to participate so hoping thereā€™s the same camaraderie here with our friends over the water!

Interesting, we were loaned the Mojito vehicle and my girlfriend decided she really liked that colour too. I see itā€™s no longer an
option now though so sheā€™s out of luck hehe...! I think you made a good choice though - they do look great in that finish!!

Iā€™ll post again once weā€™ve put pen to paper and got our deal sorted :)

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Hi everybody,

I thought I would say hello in this thread. I got my JL 2door Rubicon 2 weeks ago and have been loving it so far. I posted a picture of it in another thread when I received it. I have had the front part of the hardtop off as often as I can, and have driven on a couple of the forest service roads to reach some hiking trails I never knew exist. I might follow up this weekend here with a picture of it on one of the trails I will drive. I previously had an Alfa Romeo Guilia as my main daily driver, and I am slowly getting used to the drastic difference in driving feel.

My intention is to keep it fairly stock, which is why I went for the Rubicon, but obviously plans can change quickly and I have already had way too many ideas from this forum to be able to fund. Given how often I have the top off I am considering getting a bikini top or some other mesh top to at least shield for the sun a bit and also to use when I do not want to lug around the panels in their travel bag.

I have only removed the full back hardtop section once so far, but given I am in an apartment and do not have a good place to put it when I take it off I tend to keep it on most of the time (plus it is not a one person job). I have been considering placing it in the living room of my apartment with wood or cinder blocks on one end for support and to use it as a coffee table or something during the summer, however I feel like this type of use might actually damage the hard top ... though who knows this idea is sounding more appealing to me each day. Then again if it does rain for awhile here it would be annoying to no longer have a coffee table

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
I am waving Hello : ) , my name is Kluk and I am new here as well. Few days ago on Friday 5th of July I picked up here in Toronto a new Wrangler JL 2dr. sting gray with tinted hard top , running boards , AC , and AT Good Year Adventure 245/75/17 tires and yes of course manual tranny. I enjoy driving a stick. I have never even tested the manual shifting on the Jeep and I ordered one . I am now getting used to the very short 1st gear but slowly I am getting the hang of it. The one little thing that I am not sure about is the mild ticking sound of the engine , specially when it is idling . It sounds to me like a sewing machine. I mentioned it to the salesman but he gave me a standard reply " they all sound the same". I have to see someone with a Jeep somewhere on a parking lot and I will check it out. The problem is that I do not see that many JLs that are parked with their driver inside so that I listen and compare the engines . Maybe I am just little bit paranoid that is a possibility too LOL .Other than that I feel good about my new wheels. I do not feel anymore I am part of the driving masses and it feels great to be sitting high up and see 360 degrees in any direction.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Congratulations Walter. The red looks very sharp too. How does the idling engine sound to you ? Is there a slight ticking you can hear or is it as smooth as any other engine?

Sponsored

Baddog2020

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
67A562EB-14D9-4E82-A241-326CB2167C80.jpeg
Good Afternoon All,

Got my first Jeep, 2019 JL Rubicon, black with freedom top. It is my daily driver. (retired once, but went back to work to pay for it) Only had it for 11 days but so good so far. Complete FNG re jeeps, but been riding street bikes for 32 years. Lurking on the site for awhile now but decided to join in. Will keep it stock for awhile and just enjoy it. Donā€™t have an interest in rock crawling, but a little trail/fire road riding is probably more my speed along with some road trips. Just wanted to say hi.

WES IV

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S 2 dr with hardtop. Firecracker Red.
Occupation
Going over the hills and far away
Congratulations Walter. The red looks very sharp too. How does the idling engine sound to you ? Is there a slight ticking you can hear or is it as smooth as any other engine?
Very smooth.

Dudebassoon

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2.0l , and a 2015 Renegade Trailhawk
Howdy!

Last Friday I came across what I thought was a pretty good deal, and got a new 2018 JL sport with the only upgrades being the 2.0l engine, 8speed auto, and Sirius xm. Ended up off the lot with $25,539 OTD. Been searching for over a year and a half and finally committed. Wife drives a 15 renegade trail hawk which we also love! Glad to be a part of this community and look forward to learning from the wealth of knowledge on this site!

Happy trails!

2C790102-C3CF-45B5-A6B9-8CCFDCBAEAEC.jpeg
Sponsored