Sponsored

Melted grounding strap. CEL, wouldn't start, battery light etc.,

tcbusch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Unlimited Wrangler JL Sport S
The Jeep bucked and surged as I left a parking lot. I pulled into another lot and turned off the Jeep. Tried to start it again and it wouldn't start. I was finally able to start it and drove it bucking the whole way to the dealership which happened to be 2 blocks away. I had an appointment for the following day for them to replace the instrument cluster or dash. When starting the Jeep normally I would loose the odometer and the fuel economy screen 4. Starting with the remote start seamed fine. The factory engineers were baffled and decided to replace the cluster. Now it has been at the dealer for a day as the engineers are baffled again why the grounding strap melted. Guess I'm lucky it didn't start on fire??

So, I've had the Jeep 21 days and its been in the shop twice for a total of three days with it still there as they try to figure out the electrical issues.

I am planning on driving it from MN to UT in two weeks for a spring trip. Not looking forward to being stranded but I am bringing my camping gear so I'll make the best of a bad situation If I do........ I guess??
Sponsored

OP
OP

tcbusch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Unlimited Wrangler JL Sport S
The Jeep has been at the dealer for several days. I'm still driving my wife's Mazda. I guess parts are very tough to get. The lemon law clock is ticking.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
That's a major issue. Very unfortunate. I hope your luck turns around.

Rusty Teeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Electronics Tech/ Fabricator/ 5G Fiber Optic Cellular Tech
Did you get this solved? Some of my posts address these issues
Frank
Sponsored