TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
@TrailRax
can you please clarify if these have been designed and tested to work with the 3–Piece Hard Top (a.k.a. 'Freedom Top') as opposed to kust the painted hard top?
These have been designed and tested to fit both painted and regular freedom tops. If you install them snuggly to the hardtop, you will not experience any damage to your top.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but the modular panels are not compatible with the fuelpax mounts that have the fixed base plate. This might be common knowledge, but I have to get another set of rotopax mounts now. Might want to throw a disclaimer that this only works with the separate base plate rotopax mounts. Fuelpax being part of the rotopax company makes it a little confusing.

The panel itself mounts great and is very solid.
great point. So we do tell our customers in the description to purchase Rotopax mounts and the qty to purchase them at. Unfortunately rotopax switches up their mounts with the fuelpax. After testing the fuelpax brand mounts are not as strong as the rotopax. For strength we recommend the rotopax.

Sorry you had trouble. We have been trying to talk to rotopax (the company) to get them to change their mounts so all of it is universal so all customers whether they use rotopax or fuelpax are happy.

jeepfreak

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Man, these things are cool!

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Can you double stack 2 4gal cans or 1 4gal and 2 2gal cans?
you can double stack both. So you can use extensions that can mount either 2 4 gallon gas cans or even 1 4 gallon gas then 2 waters if you want. The customization is nearly endless with the stacking of rotopax.

Sponsored

DVJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 4door
you can double stack both. So you can use extensions that can mount either 2 4 gallon gas cans or even 1 4 gallon gas then 2 waters if you want. The customization is nearly endless with the stacking of rotopax.
will 2 3gal cans work too? do any of these combinations exceed the weight limits of the unit?

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
will 2 3gal cans work too? do any of these combinations exceed the weight limits of the unit?
Yes 2 3 gallon tanks can work but will have to be orientated differently on our mounting plate due to the differing dimensions of the 3 gallon tank.

We designed our rack to work with heavy weight and rugged strength. So no you will not run into any issues. Just be sure to avoid using your Jeep like a trophy truck and driving at high speeds through bumpy terrain, that warning goes for a lot of other parts on the Jeep as well LOL.

ks1626

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S Ecodiesel
No issues here. No vibrations at highways speeds and mount very securely. If you’re worried about damage to the hardtop you can place self adhesive Velcro to any part that touches the paint which is what I did and I couldn’t be happier

AC3C823A-646F-4CD2-9BD5-C1EACE9ECF0E.jpeg
How is the wind noise level on the highway?

Sponsored

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
How do these attach at the bottom to the hard top?
I have the Sky One Touch top and I’d like to understand how these are fixed in place given the side panel is easily removable on the SOT top.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
How do these attach at the bottom to the hard top?
I have the Sky One Touch top and I’d like to understand how these are fixed in place given the side panel is easily removable on the SOT top.
The bottom is easily attached to the hardtop and/or body of the Jeep via a clip system.

It will fit your sky One Touch.
Sponsored