Sponsored

Medical Kit Options for Family and Outdoors.

Patriot1776

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willy's in Sarge Green
*** Picture is just for attention really*** I'm looking to the overland guys to see what you all have as Medical/First Aid kits that you take with you. I know what needs to go in them, I just am trying to figure the best way I want to carry it and make it easily accessible. I am thinking of even putting a small one in the front and then a larger family one in the rear, we are in Hawaii and a lot of hiking, surfing and offroading will be done and all of those things have potential for severe injuries. I have some decent training with combat care and EMT and my wife is an ER/Trauma nurse. Thanks for all the help if you could!
Jeep Wrangler JL Medical Kit Options for Family and Outdoors. trauma kit
Sponsored

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
My family outings just consist of me and my dog, so my load out may be insufficient for you. However I've found over the last couple years that a couple MOLLE bags with first aid attached to my tailgate table works for me (one pouch for me, one for the dog). They're easily identifiable and accessible yet are out of the way for normal activities. There is also plenty of room on the width of the tailgate to put a much larger kit for treating multiple humans.

Jeep Wrangler JL Medical Kit Options for Family and Outdoors. IMG_3781
Jeep Wrangler JL Medical Kit Options for Family and Outdoors. IMG_3285

OP
OP
Patriot1776

Patriot1776

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My family outings just consist of me and my dog, so my load out may be insufficient for you. However I've found over the last couple years that a couple MOLLE bags with first aid attached to my tailgate table works for me (one pouch for me, one for the dog). They're easily identifiable and accessible yet are out of the way for normal activities. There is also plenty of room on the width of the tailgate to put a much larger kit for treating multiple humans.

I like the tailgate Idea. Its easy to get too and you also made me think about doing individual IFAKS for the family, but I think It would make more sense maybe to do one larger bag and organize it, by means of bleeding, airway and survival. I definetly like the MOLLE tailgate though

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
The Surviveware Large First Aid Kit has served me well in the field. I've added some common medications and ointements, but otherwise all is there.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CQ8JVC7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_0PDHYC367P5CRYWD6GB7

It straps to a molle panel easy enough, to the back of a seat or can be secured to a roll bar.

I keep it high and in view from any of the rear doors. That way anyone can reach in and grab it immediately.

OP
OP
Patriot1776

Patriot1776

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Surviveware Large First Aid Kit has served me well in the field. I've added some common medications and ointements, but otherwise all is there.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CQ8JVC7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_0PDHYC367P5CRYWD6GB7

It straps to a molle panel easy enough, to the back of a seat or can be secured to a roll bar.

I keep it high and in view from any of the rear doors. That way anyone can reach in and grab it immediately.
That's a great option. Looks like it would have some extra room to add extra gauze and bandaging or a hemorrhage kit. II like to carry 4 tourniquets too so there looks to be room.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link