Medical Jeep Build

KrisEdward

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Sport S
Took up a job that I feel some Jeep owners would love. Gotta hit the trails for work. Looking for any ideas that might help with my build.

I'm an ER nurse but also do home health nursing. Took up a job with a fellow Jeep owner going out for health checks on patients deep in the desert x3-4 monthly.

For anyone in Southern California or Las Vegas, I'm going to be near Baker and Death Valley. Some patient homes are literal GPS coordinates. Pure desert dirt roads. 50-100 miles daily of pure dirt. About 8-10 patients daily. Obstacles but nothing crazy. Not camping out. With hospitals that can run labs in both directions, can either head towards Vegas or back home to Socal once my day is done. Travel, work, travel has averaged about 9-10hr day.

My build originally was geared towards trails, road trips and being bad a$$ like everyone here.
JL Sport S with the dana 44
BFG KO2 33's, Rubicon shocks/springs, Mopar LCA, pod lights (eventual winch/bumper)
Recovery straps, maxtraxs, shovel, Garmin inReach, and protection (Hills Have Eyes is somewhat real out there. Creepy)
Provided by work a Magellam Explorist gps, about 200lbs of a mobile clinic (EKG, oxygen tanks, wound care, diagnostic equipment etc) and an ARB fridge (medications, blood lab tests).
Considering a portable tower battery and some sort of extra fuel carrier rig.

Kind of a unique situation this Jeep is headed. This forum is full of great builds. Looking for ideas to improve my build.
Sponsored

Last edited:

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
I have done remote medicine. I was geared up more as an EMS role though. Really your build is fine. I would add a storage shelf or some sort of rack system in the back and ways to secure equipment in the event of a an accident. Also, ways to SECURE your equipment from theft, even in the middle of nowhere. Definitely some aux lighting, on the inside of the jeep too. Dual battery system and a good inverter. You definitely want to upgrade the suspension for all the weight you are carrying, but looks like you are doing that with the rubicon suspension. Also pay attention to your drivetrain cooling needs.

Last edited:

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
A snorkel to aid in dust abatement may be in order.

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)