Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
There's nothing new about underhood clutter. Even an all mechanical 80's to early 90's RD model Mack is a maze of different intertwined systems under its hood. I can see why someone from a different walk of life would be daunted by it, which is proven by the fact that someone would actually make a video about it. But I assure you, it's unavoidable on any machine that consists of multiple independent systems that are working in concert with each other.

A simple example of the unavoidable "mess" can be found in electrical schematics. A standard diagram depicts the actual location of system components, and the wiring looks like a mess. It's meant for easily finding and identifying a specific wire in a circuit.

Than there's a ladder diagram. It provides a cleaner and easier view of a system, by neatly organizing the components starting with the power source up top, hot side on the left, and ground side on the right as the components descend from the power source. These are used to help diagnose faults and decipher the mentality of a system, in a way that is impossible to do off of paper.