First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Looks so nice, gets expensive in a hurry. It almost makes me want to tackle making my own trailer, but I'm sure it would end in a disaster.
I keep waiting for the right one to be sold after the first owner takes the hit. They sell close to original cost in less than a day or two it seems.

Also priced out building my own, but that gets spendy fast as well. Headed out next weekend and will be doing the same thing I've always done. Pitching a tent. :dunno:
Sponsored

OP
OP
uawho

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Looks so nice, gets expensive in a hurry. It almost makes me want to tackle making my own trailer, but I'm sure it would end in a disaster.
They do get pricey. Look at the other thread with the lists of trailers... and look at some of those prices. $40k and up for the high end models!!

OP
OP
uawho

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
So, almost a year. How is the trailer travelling?
It's a blast! Great addition to the camping trips. Jeep pulls it without too much trouble. Starting to see some minor issues with a loose bolt/screw here and there. But nothing that can't be fixed in 5 minutes with some locktite and a screw driver.

CNY-JLUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
It's a blast! Great addition to the camping trips. Jeep pulls it without too much trouble. Starting to see some minor issues with a loose bolt/screw here and there. But nothing that can't be fixed in 5 minutes with some locktite and a screw driver.
I have an 18JLU Sport S with manual transmission. I' m looking at possibly ordering a Mean Bean, to be picked up late spring. I have the factory installed two package along with the limited slip differential. Was there anything you had to do to prepare the Jeep for towing? Is there any issues charging the Bean battery while towing? What brake controller are you using?

Sponsored

OP
OP
uawho

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I have an 18JLU Sport S with manual transmission. I' m looking at possibly ordering a Mean Bean, to be picked up late spring. I have the factory installed two package along with the limited slip differential. Was there anything you had to do to prepare the Jeep for towing? Is there any issues charging the Bean battery while towing? What brake controller are you using?
You should be fine with that tow package.
Other than installing the controller, not much else to do.
Check out this thread for some info on that.
Look at this post here.

Rubi-Z23

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon
Picked up the trailer. Very impressed with the build quality.
Very happy with the towing too. We got about 20mpg in the JLUR on the way from Phoenix up to SLC. And about 17mpg on the way back with the trailer in tow.
20200905_181158.jpg
Love the set up do you have a lift on your JLU ? Also what tires are you running?

OP
OP
uawho

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Love the set up do you have a lift on your JLU ? Also what tires are you running?
At the time of that picture, it's stock. No lift, original OEM 33" tires.

Other than a bit more sag than I'd like, the Rubi pulls the Bean easily.
Sponsored