Sponsored

MC steering not good?

gonzoflick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Just installed my MC 3.5 lift at local MC gold shop and told him I want to do MC steering. He told me to avoid their steering products and go with another brand. He also claims he's the top 5 MC sales in country while saying this. I'm not sure what to think and want to stay with the gold baby. Thoughts?
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Well if you’re choosing products based on color I’ve got no advice for you other than asking the guy why he feels that way.

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
Anecdotal at best, but a friend of mine has 3.5 game changer lift and MC drag link and tie rod on his gladiator and his tie rod ends are wore out at 30k miles. I’ve got 70k on Rusty’s tie rod and drag link and it’s still good.

OP
OP
gonzoflick

gonzoflick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Anecdotal at best, but a friend of mine has 3.5 game changer lift and MC drag link and tie rod on his gladiator and his tie rod ends are wore out at 30k miles. I’ve got 70k on Rusty’s tie rod and drag link and it’s still good.
Interesting. Did you get this kit?

https://www.rustysoffroad.com/colle...-wrangler-jt-gladiator?variant=39437825540192

Says it requires a 5in backspace on wheels though and my new wheels will be 4.5in. Not sure why this matters? What steering stabalizer do you have?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Last edited:

Sponsored

bcupton

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler JL Safari
Occupation
Retired Navy
Just installed my MC 3.5 lift at local MC gold shop and told him I want to do MC steering. He told me to avoid their steering products and go with another brand. He also claims he's the top 5 MC sales in country while saying this. I'm not sure what to think and want to stay with the gold baby. Thoughts?
I have MC control arms and they made my JLU Sahara ride wonderfully! I am considering adding MC steering components.
What steering components did your shop suggest and why? It sounds to me like the 'guy' just wants to sell you a more expensive package. IMO

c20040215

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S; 2023 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Its Metal Cloak.. I don't think they would be "not good". But their steering linkages aren't anything special, either. Their steering products work but the market is competitive and other companies offer similar products at the similar price range. Some offer aluminum options, or different style clamps etc..

I dont think you can go wrong with them but wont hurt to look around.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
What alternate did he recommend? Probably 30k on our MC steering setup no issues.

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired

Jeepin_OLB

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
For the price of MC, there's no reason not to go with a 2" aluminum steering package, which all have oversized tie rods. RPM steering, Doetsch Offroad, Cav fab etc.
Sponsored