MC High Mount RockSport Steering Stabilizer Kit

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Does anyone know if the RocksSport Steering Stabilizer Kit (with MC FAD armor) will work on a stock JLUR without any added bump stops?

I have an appointment to have a full MC Gamechanger lift installed in a couple of weeks but thought I could save a few bucks if I installed their high-mount SS myself.

Now I'm mostly through that installation but I'm worried it could get crushed on my stock suspension, specifically the passenger side bracket under compression

Anyone have any experience with this? Neither the @Metalclock directions or installation videos address this concern .

Thanks
Sponsored

CloakedWillys

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL 2.0T Sport S
Occupation
Sales and tech support for MetalCloak
Thank you for asking. It will require additional bump stop to prevent the stabilizer from hitting the frame.

OP
OP
Fire Burns

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for asking. It will require additional bump stop to prevent the stabilizer from hitting the frame.
Thanks again Will!
Guys, I also posted this question to MC's email tech support and same dude, replied within minutes. That's customer service!

What sucks is I'm either going to take off the bracket and run (sparingly) no SS at all until my GC install, or reinstall the old stock stuff.

Either way I ended up wasting my time, but learned something in the process as well!

CloakedWillys

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL 2.0T Sport S
Occupation
Sales and tech support for MetalCloak
Thanks again Will!
Guys, I also posted this question to MC's email tech support and same dude, replied within minutes. That's customer service!

What sucks is I'm either going to take off the bracket and run (sparingly) no SS at all until my GC install, or reinstall the old stock stuff.

Either way I ended up wasting my time, but learned something in the process as well!
Yeah, Unfortunately all of the relocation's are built around a lifted application. Jeep didn't leave much room under full compression.

OP
OP
Fire Burns

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ended up going with no steering stabilizer at all until I can get my full lift installed in next couple of weeks at Cloakworks. Basically I had already taken off all the old stock SS bracketry to install the MC FAD armor and it would have been a much bigger pain in the ass than simply removing the axle side MC SS high mount bracket from the trackbar.

Luckily I have always had a perfect steering 2018 JLR right from the factory. Even without any SS at all I have no death wobble, no shimmy, no shake and a nice tight steering box (luck of the draw I guess), and this wth stock Rubicon suspension running HEAVY 37s. I took it up to 75 mph and I'm able to confidently take my hands completely off the wheel with zero issues or scariness.

Anyhow, I need to do a better job of reading the fine print because I did not see the big red "Important Notes" section of product description where it said at least 2" of bump stop is required. That's on me!

OP
OP
Fire Burns

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just an update since I had my lift and Metalcloak Rocksport High Mounted Steering Stabilizer installed in mid-August. While this is just as much praise for the Gamechanger lift itself, as well as the great install techs at Cloakworks, the steering is still spot on! Considering I ran NO steering stabilizer at all with heavy 20in wheels and 37s with no problems, I was worried that the Rocksport SS might dampen things a bit too much and make the steering sluggish. Well that didn't happen. My steering inputs are still well translated and don't feel heavy on or off-road. At the same time, I can run 80 mph on the highway with no hands on the steering wheel and experience no shake or shimmy.

Yeah, I know I got lucky right out of the factory with good steering. But still, for the price and peace of mind it brings, I definitely would recommend this product to others.
Sponsored

Last edited: