MB Quart to offer drop in replacement Sub for factory Alpine system

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
I spent a week trying to get a JL Audio 10TW3 sub working in the factory enclosure of my 22 JL with a third amp on the Quart Stage 6 kit. So after many invaluable emails with Dave at Quart tech support, he asked me what sub I was using. I told him and he said one of the problems that I was having is that the enclosure is too small for that sub. I was surprised because all of us out here have been passing on that the volume of the enclosure is 0.55 cu ft. That is the size of the Alpine JK enclosure. Dave at Quart measured that enclosure to be 0.35 cu ft. He also let me know that Quart is about to release a drop in sub that will fit our enclosure right down to the bolt on the back. Supposed to be coming out before the end of the year.
Sponsored

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon EcoDiesel
Very interesting. This is what I got from Jeep when I asked. I had to provide my VIN so they knew it was a JL.

Please see the below answer from our North American audio engineering team.

Speaker sizes and power handling capacity

• IP contains two 3.5" on top, two 4.5" within enclosures (lower part of dash).
  • Overhead sound bar contains the same set of these 4 speakers.
  • all speakers are driven by 46W chip from the amplifier, but rated at 50W (max).

Subwoofer size and power handling capacity

• 10", 50W per coil. Four coils, so rated 200W total

Subwoofer enclosure volume

• 16L
Amplifier power output in WRMS

• 12channels, 46W each = 552W

16L is 0.565cuft. It would be interesting to pull the enclosure out and fill with water.

Johnny 26 XR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
I spent a week trying to get a JL Audio 10TW3 sub working in the factory enclosure of my 22 JL with a third amp on the Quart Stage 6 kit. So after many invaluable emails with Dave at Quart tech support, he asked me what sub I was using. I told him and he said one of the problems that I was having is that the enclosure is too small for that sub. I was surprised because all of us out here have been passing on that the volume of the enclosure is 0.55 cu ft. That is the size of the Alpine JK enclosure. Dave at Quart measured that enclosure to be 0.35 cu ft. He also let me know that Quart is about to release a drop in sub that will fit our enclosure right down to the bolt on the back. Supposed to be coming out before the end of the year.
I bought the MB Quart Stage 6 at Jeep Beach, and was told the same thing about the sub. I ordered a Rubicon XR January 28th and it arrived this past Saturday. So far Ive only had time to put in the 3.5's in the dash and 6x9's in the roll bar. A huge improvement. The rest of the stage 6 will go in over the weekend. Im looking forward to the drop in sub.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Note for those not aware... the 4dr and 2dr sub, enclosure, and location are different.

OP
OP
Terpsmandan

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The sub will be for the 4 door.

Sponsored

ItsLoader

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler
The drop in sub is on their website for $429.99, but is out of stock. The installation instructions for the sub are there also.

OP
OP
Terpsmandan

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got a note from Dave at Quart and they just got them in a few weeks ago. They by are in QC now. Supposed to be available soon.

OP
OP
Terpsmandan

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yesterday they said they are still in QC and hoping to be released by January.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Yesterday they said they are still in QC and hoping to be released by January.
It says basic hand tools for install, so I’m hoping for a nice drop in solution for those not wanting to splice anything.

OP
OP
Terpsmandan

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It says basic hand tools for install, so I’m hoping for a nice drop in solution for those not wanting to splice anything.
They are shipping it with the amp so nobody tries to wire it into the stock Alpine. It is designed to complement the Stage 6 kit and there is an extra slot on the amp rack for this 400.1 amp. A couple of torx bits and an allen wrench. You will have to pull the enclosure to get the screw in the back. According to the instructions, you will pull the wiring grommet out of the back of the enclosure and install their wiring. Pre wired with spades at one end for the speaker and a plug at the other end to go into the 400.1. I already have a 400.1 installed with the Stage 6 kit I installed last summer and I was using it the stock sub.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Terpsmandan

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That might be a another one to use with the adapter. I already have the stage 6 installed and running the 400.1 into the stock sub. I’m going to wait for Quart to release the drop in.

OP
OP
Terpsmandan

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Jkjones1

First Name
JOSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
Good luck - very interested to hear how you like it. I got impatient and decided to install the kicker with the adapter using the MBQuart sub i already had. I like it so far, but very interested to see how this turns out.

JLUHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUHT (JLHT?) '19 F-150 5.0 '03 Envoy XL
Occupation
RE20 microphones
How does the new MB quart amp spec compared to the factory alpine and what kind of output are you expecting as compared to the Alpine sub, is the factory much smaller than the 400W? The factory system bumps a tad already but not moving much air.
Sponsored