Sponsored

MB Quart announced 'Purposely Engineered Jeep Tuned Audio Kits' (incl. 6x9 Soundbar adapter) at Jeep Beach 2021

i911fire

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Firefighter
The response.

A noise filter is not needed as hundreds of these kits have been installed without noise. Verify, that the ground is tight and all battery connections are properly tightened, Including the connections to the start/stop battery.

Sincerely,
David Lee
Technical Support
Maxxsonics, USA
851 E. Park Ave.
Libertyville, IL 60048
O: (847) 540-7700
E: [email protected]

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2021 8:26 PM
To: Info <[email protected]>
Subject: Incoming MB Quart Web CONTACT from i911fire

Name: Ryan
Email: i911fire

Subject: Noise feedback

I just recently punched a MBQJ-STG6A-1. Two things. The instructions online were not great. But I have been around car audio all my life so not that big of a deal. Second. There is horrible alternator feedback. I was surprised that there wasn't any noise filters included with the kit (especially with the price). What is MB Quart's solution?

Thanks
Ryan

Submitted through mbquart.com/contact/
Sponsored

i911fire

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Firefighter
I have tried the bolt that is right in the trans tunnel.
I have tried the chassis ground that is right there by the rack.
Hell I even have connected to both bolts and I still get the whine!
Any suggestions?

I guess, David Lee, Technical Support, Maxxsonics, USA is tired of answering my questions. He doesn't respond anymore to my questions.

i911fire

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Firefighter
I did finally get the sub ring back. The cut was perfect with the exception of the bottom of the ring. He didnt shape it to the contours of the factory ring. So it doesn't mount up very well. So I put the factory ring on and then the new ring over it. It doesn't look the best. I will have to take it off and do some shaping and then recover it.

They did say that they would make as many of the rings as we wanted. He is charging $50 a ring. Mine was covered in synthetic leather that matches the grain in the plastic. But as I said, I will have to rework mine. I will get back with them to see if that is something that they can do on their CNC machine.

The shop I used was JSS I Jones Subwoofer Solutions) https://www.jonessubwoofersolutions.com
Great group of guys. They build some awesome stuff. They can custom build subs for you too.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I did finally get the sub ring back. The cut was perfect with the exception of the bottom of the ring. He didnt shape it to the contours of the factory ring. So it doesn't mount up very well. So I put the factory ring on and then the new ring over it. It doesn't look the best. I will have to take it off and do some shaping and then recover it.

They did say that they would make as many of the rings as we wanted. He is charging $50 a ring. Mine was covered in synthetic leather that matches the grain in the plastic. But as I said, I will have to rework mine. I will get back with them to see if that is something that they can do on their CNC machine.

The shop I used was JSS I Jones Subwoofer Solutions) https://www.jonessubwoofersolutions.com
Great group of guys. They build some awesome stuff. They can custom build subs for you too.
Appreciated, but if it doesn’t mount up well and you have to redo their work, who in their right mind would want that? If they fix it to where it’s right and fits like it should let us know.

i911fire

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Firefighter
Appreciated, but if it doesn’t mount up well and you have to redo their work, who in their right mind would want that? If they fix it to where it’s right and fits like it should let us know.

I will. I have to go back after CES. They are busy building some really cool fancy stuff for there. As soon as there is more updates I will show you.

i911fire

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Firefighter
Ok still chasing the alternator whine. This is the result from my injury to the MB quart guy.

"Try disconnecting the start/stop battery temporarily. It is likely a ground loop between the 2 batteries."

Any heard of this?

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Ok still chasing the alternator whine. This is the result from my injury to the MB quart guy.

"Try disconnecting the start/stop battery temporarily. It is likely a ground loop between the 2 batteries."

Any heard of this?
Nope, but worth a try... It has to be someplace in the system. You could also try putting the ground and positive to a spare battery that is not connected to the Jeep to see what happens. Then you would know if it was in your wiring to/from the battery ground or the wiring from the Jeep.

i911fire

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Firefighter
Ok the saga continues. I tried the suggested unhook the aux battery ground. Still whined. So went to the local stereo shop. After getting through the "MB Quart is not the same as it used to be" talk. They suggested unhooking all the amps and hooking the up one at a time. Had the whine on all 3 amps. So they suggested grounding the amps back at the battery. Still get whine. So they suggested replacing the wiring harness from MB Quart. So I emailed them again.

After this I will definitely say STAY AWAY!

Additionally now I have an AUTO START light on on my dash and the auto start doesn't work, since I unhooked the ground. I did hook the ground back up. Any suggestions?

Sponsored

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Ok the saga continues. I tried the suggested unhook the aux battery ground. Still whined. So went to the local stereo shop. After getting through the "MB Quart is not the same as it used to be" talk. They suggested unhooking all the amps and hooking the up one at a time. Had the whine on all 3 amps. So they suggested grounding the amps back at the battery. Still get whine. So they suggested replacing the wiring harness from MB Quart. So I emailed them again.

After this I will definitely say STAY AWAY!

Additionally now I have an AUTO START light on on my dash and the auto start doesn't work, since I unhooked the ground. I did hook the ground back up. Any suggestions?
Really weird, did you try the separate battery yet? Your problem with the autostart leads me to believe that something else is going on with your connections to your battery. There could be a short or wire that is not grounded or tight enough someplace else outside the radio and amp system.

i911fire

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Firefighter
Really weird, did you try the separate battery yet? Your problem with the autostart leads me to believe that something else is going on with your connections to your battery. There could be a short or wire that is not grounded or tight enough someplace else outside the radio and amp system.
I heard back from them today, they’re going to send new amplifiers one at a time to eliminate those possibility of it being one of those. Quite frankly I’m growing tired of removing my seat.

I’ll keep y’all posted.

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler 2015 Renegade 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Senior Director of Engineering & Facilities
Great info all and thanks. I’m getting ready to order the full 6 speaker system with amps. From what I gather here, the OEM sub still works with the system after everything is installed, right? Is anything lost my from the OEM Alpine sub and does the OEM sub stay connected to the OEM amp or is it separate wiring wise? Just wanting to make just I don’t do the full kit install and then the OEM sub doesn’t work at all. Really just want to understand that part of the process and keep my sub setup for now to see if it’s enough.

Note: I’ve also added an aftermarket Kicker 8 sub already and hoping the two current subs I already have will be enough. Just didn’t want to lose the OEM sub by wiring in this new system.

Any knowledge on this would be greatly appreciated.

Lastly, any currently discount codes that have not expired would be helpful.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Great info all and thanks. I’m getting ready to order the full 6 speaker system with amps. From what I gather here, the OEM sub still works with the system after everything is installed, right? Is anything lost my from the OEM Alpine sub and does the OEM sub stay connected to the OEM amp or is it separate wiring wise? Just wanting to make just I don’t do the full kit install and then the OEM sub doesn’t work at all. Really just want to understand that part of the process and keep my sub setup for now to see if it’s enough.

Note: I’ve also added an aftermarket Kicker 8 sub already and hoping the two current subs I already have will be enough. Just didn’t want to lose the OEM sub by wiring in this new system.

Any knowledge on this would be greatly appreciated.

Lastly, any currently discount codes that have not expired would be helpful.
I'm using the OEM sub with the rest of the system. It is muddy and underpowered in comparison to the rest of the system. I do plan to get their sub amp and sub to replace it. I'll make my own box if they don't come out with something for the 2 doors.

It's really not worth saving if you already have the Kicker going. So long as you have good power going to it, your 8" is likely far out passing the stocker. Though I don't know your music preference or end goal. If you are looking for thumps to move hair, then you will need to spend a lot more money and give up much more room. :CWL:

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler 2015 Renegade 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Senior Director of Engineering & Facilities
I'm using the OEM sub with the rest of the system. It is muddy and underpowered in comparison to the rest of the system. I do plan to get their sub amp and sub to replace it. I'll make my own box if they don't come out with something for the 2 doors.

It's really not worth saving if you already have the Kicker going. So long as you have good power going to it, your 8" is likely far out passing the stocker. Though I don't know your music preference or end goal. If you are looking for thumps to move hair, then you will need to spend a lot more money and give up much more room. :CWL:
No major shaking the foundation thumping needed, just good base balance with the rest of the system is where I’d like to get. I may go ahead and wire the 3rd MB Quarts sub amp now and give it a try. If too much, I’ll reconnected the OEM sub and use the Kicker setup for now. Knowing my malcontent ways, I’ll probably eventually swap the OEM Sub as well, but at least the sub Amp and wiring will be there waiting for me to move forward.

Appreciate the knowledge!
Sponsored